Skyim Discussion Thread

I know... It's a bit of a stretch but...
Streach.JPG

And before this I encountered the funniest glitch I'd ever seen. I wabbajacked a guard and summoned a dedric lord onto him. I fus ro dah'd him and he fell to the ground face down, arms spread, and started gliding across the ground transfixed to me. It was hilarious.

Alrighty. So after spending about 45 hours and making 2 characters I didn't like. I deleted them, and started again. And have been playing like crazy for a little less than 2 weeks. So I present to you, Awry, the Kajiit Magician of pwnage.
View attachment 91320
Yeah. I'm flying. Big deal.
View attachment 91321
I literally have everything unlocked for illusion, mastered conjuration because why not, and I have all the spells for alteration and am a master in that as well. I find it very fun and easy to grind magic skills. And my gear isn't to impressive but I use what gives me the most bonuses so meh.

And yes. I have only leveled magika.
Thank you come again and please try again.
nc0gk.jpg

I've realized that the best skill in the game is obviously sneak roll. You know you're a complete boss when you do all the assassinations in the Dark Brotherhood by rolling behind your targets and cutting at their feet with a dagger for 32 times damage.:cool:

I've realized that the best skill in the game is obviously sneak roll. You know you're a complete boss when you do all the assassinations in the Dark Brotherhood by rolling behind your targets and cutting at their feet with a dagger for 32 times damage.:cool:
Bigger boss when using invisibility spell :D

So yeah... i finally got Skyrim... at a good deal ! 100 MYR... that's 32.71 usd.

Playing a mage with destruction and other magics. In Expert level... Everything can kill me in 2 shots more or less.

Alrighty. So after spending about 45 hours and making 2 characters I didn't like. I deleted them, and started again. And have been playing like crazy for a little less than 2 weeks. So I present to you, Awry, the Kajiit Magician of pwnage.
View attachment 91320
Yeah. I'm flying. Big deal.
View attachment 91321
I literally have everything unlocked for illusion, mastered conjuration because why not, and I have all the spells for alteration and am a master in that as well. I find it very fun and easy to grind magic skills. And my gear isn't to impressive but I use what gives me the most bonuses so meh.

And yes. I have only leveled magika.
I see you've gone with both Atronach and Zombie perks. I can't stand the zombies, there's never any good corpses around. You're also short selling yourself a bit on the Destruction tree, if I were you I'd focus on one damage boosting perk and ignore the rest. I went with Shock, because it doesn't make you lead the target, it makes mages come at you with daggers instead of superlethal fireballs, and it does full damage to everything but Bretons and Storm Atronachs.

Disclaimer: Skyrim is a game where everyone can do whatever they want to and not all mages should look like mine, even though mine is way better.

I see you've gone with both Atronach and Zombie perks. I can't stand the zombies, there's never any good corpses around. You're also short selling yourself a bit on the Destruction tree, if I were you I'd focus on one damage boosting perk and ignore the rest. I went with Shock, because it doesn't make you lead the target, it makes mages come at you with daggers instead of superlethal fireballs, and it does full damage to everything but Bretons and Storm Atronachs.

Disclaimer: Skyrim is a game where everyone can do whatever they want to and not all mages should look like mine, even though mine is way better.

Reanimating dead is much more useful than you may think. Every time I summon an atronach it is dead withing the minute. If you reanimate an Undead Lord however...

Reanimating dead is much more useful than you may think. Every time I summon an atronach it is dead withing the minute. If you reanimate an Undead Lord however...
The life span of an atronach is mostly dependent on which one it is. Frost ones can take a fair bit of punishment, they've even got a 10% damage reflection going for them.

Flame ones are mostly good as distractions, when you're low on health and magic and you need something that will take the heat off you, pop one off and the enemies usually spend a good five or ten seconds chasing the thing down.

Storms have the best dps of the atronachs, combined with a potent Shock cloak and decent speed and health. I use Storms to fight dragons in outdoor areas, because they somehow manage to score hits on the thing when it flies around, and they tend to move away from me. That makes them good distractions, the dragon cooks one of them instead of me, because I'm in cover.

My biggest complaint with zombies is that there's never a body around at the beginning of a fight, and I really hate being the center of attention. I'm a glass cannon mage, my use of Morokei nerfs my armor by negating the Mage Armor perk in favor of more magic for my crazed lightning spewing. 150 health+ minimal armor+ lvl 40 or higher enemies= don't get hit. I knew that when I set up my character though.

These sorts of arguments are tricky for me because there's so many ways to play this game that will work. I'm sure your way does get you where you need to be, and it's not like my build has never gotten me killed. I just prefer the versatility allowed by being able to summon something without having line of sight on a body, and the power of the spell being limited to the quality of bodies around you.

By the way, what's your opinion on the Dremora Lord? I found them to be extremely powerful allies, even though I couldn't Chain Lightning with them active.

The life span of an atronach is mostly dependent on which one it is. Frost ones can take a fair bit of punishment, they've even got a 10% damage reflection going for them.

Flame ones are mostly good as distractions, when you're low on health and magic and you need something that will take the heat off you, pop one off and the enemies usually spend a good five or ten seconds chasing the thing down.

Storms have the best dps of the atronachs, combined with a potent Shock cloak and decent speed and health. I use Storms to fight dragons in outdoor areas, because they somehow manage to score hits on the thing when it flies around, and they tend to move away from me. That makes them good distractions, the dragon cooks one of them instead of me, because I'm in cover.

My biggest complaint with zombies is that there's never a body around at the beginning of a fight, and I really hate being the center of attention. I'm a glass cannon mage, my use of Morokei nerfs my armor by negating the Mage Armor perk in favor of more magic for my crazed lightning spewing. 150 health+ minimal armor+ lvl 40 or higher enemies= don't get hit. I knew that when I set up my character though.

These sorts of arguments are tricky for me because there's so many ways to play this game that will work. I'm sure your way does get you where you need to be, and it's not like my build has never gotten me killed. I just prefer the versatility allowed by being able to summon something without having line of sight on a body, and the power of the spell being limited to the quality of bodies around you.

By the way, what's your opinion on the Dremora Lord? I found them to be extremely powerful allies, even though I couldn't Chain Lightning with them active.

Truthfully I'm not even the biggest fan of conjuration. I ground it up to 100 in oblivion and didn't have much fun watching AI fight my battles. I got it to 100 in skyrim mostly for leveling purposes, and how easy it is to level. I prefer Illusion magic personally.

Back