T9K Official Game Nights Info Thread!

So The Hidden didn't receive much interest *cough* Crane shows up at 6:10pm with a miscommunication thinking I was hosting...*cough* so hopefully the next GN will be a bit smoother. Anyways! I'm hosting the quarterly T9k Community Meeting (Mumble 6:00pm CST #gamenight room or #community room if that still exists) which is a great time to present verbally any feelings toward Minecraft issues, new ideas for STS, T9k site design changes, etc etc. This is also a great time for new members to meetup with some of the older T9k members and see how great a community we are :D.

~Bored

P.S. TF2 afterwards :p

Don't blame me for that. you put it up in this thread and expected everyone to show up and even know what that game was. If you want people to show up for these, you're going to have to promote them before. Also, no one wanted to play.

PlanetSide 2 has a steep learning curve?

Very. I have been playing for 4 months probably and I still don't know my way around half of the bases, especially tech plants and amp stations. During large team fights, I am often incredibly lost when it comes to completing objectives rather than just kill people. Also, people who have been playing for a long time have an enormous advantage over the new players with new and fully upgraded weapons which makes the game very unbalanced. It takes sooo long just to get enough certs to buy a new weapon.

When is the community meeting?

the realization I have come upon...

Untitled.jpg

I'd like to know what time the meeting is, in which time zone so I can plan accordingly my chores and actions. If its at 5pm Central Time I'll probably be able to make it, otherwise Bored or Woot text me the difference so I can adjust my schedule for attendance. (won't be able to check my computer after this post)

View attachment 139068

I'd like to know what time the meeting is, in which time zone so I can plan accordingly my chores and actions. If its at 5pm Central Time I'll probably be able to make it, otherwise Bored or Woot text me the difference so I can adjust my schedule for attendance. (won't be able to check my computer after this post)
It's always in central time. Because Woot believes it's the only time zone :p

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that the Steam one is off. What even?

EDIT EDIT: Wait, I think the Steam is your own time zone.

Community meeting is at 5pm CST
TF2 Game night is afterwards ~6pm CST.

Which is today!!! :D

Bring your Q's, critiques, and annoyingly long rants, as well as your smiles if new members show up :).

~Bored

Bring your Q's, critiques, and annoyingly long rants, as well as your smiles if new members show up :).

~Bored
So...
In how many hours time?

View attachment 139068

So...
In how many hours time?

All three are always in your local time zone if you are logged in.

~Bored
Missing out on both, so. :/ I'm going to ask my question here: With Classic dying, what's going to be our primary source of pulling in members? Survival/Creative or the Launch servers? Speaking of servers, if and when we do drop Classic, what is going to take its spot? Are we going to have another permanent server put up for a different game, or are all the resources going to be given to Launch?

Missing out on both, so. :/ I'm going to ask my question here: With Classic dying, what's going to be our primary source of pulling in members? Survival/Creative or the Launch servers? Speaking of servers, if and when we do drop Classic, what is going to take its spot? Are we going to have another permanent server put up for a different game, or are all the resources going to be given to Launch?
A 24/7 tf2 server :eek:
*confetti*

In regards to a future MechWarrior Online gamenight, there needs to be 8 people. No less, no more, unless it updates before the gamenight, in which case it will be 12 people.

The game only allows groups of 2-4, or 8. So we need 8 people to be able to play. If less than that shows up to play, we can't do anything.

Any more people have to go into another group and can't play with the first group.

To emphasize on the above post:

Any selection of 2-4 people can form together with no problem. After that, you drop into a match with 4 other teammates, which could be another 4-man or any combination of players.

If we collect into an 8-man group, however, we'll only be paired up against other 8 man groups, most of which are competitive, and they WILL have communication. If we plan on that, I would recommend getting a good feel of the game beforehand.

If we have a different number of people than 2,3,4, or 8, we could try "synch-dropping," which means collecting into groups until we have people left over, and hitting the "launch" button at the same time. It's risky, but we can end up in the same game on the same team, or less desirable results such as being placed in random other games anyway, or paired up against each other. :p

On one last note, communication is absolutely vital in this game. You don't have to talk, but at least be willing to listen.

Back