T9K Official Game Nights Info Thread!

Are there any minutes/a summary of the community meeting?
"Thank you to all who attended the T9k Community Meeting! To all those that weren't able to attend, the recap is blah blah blah, new forums, blah blah blah, STS is moving to LTS possibly, blah blah blah, more shenanigans for the upcoming few months ."

Pretty much sums it up, o and collaborative homepage script may be a site easter egg once dataleak issues are resolved with it. There was more mentioned, but I'm far to tired to recall any other important matters.

O and Mechwarrior GN on 4/20 at 6pm CST (unless time rescheduled pending Motorkat's discretion :))

Either Killing Floor or CS:GO GN on 4/27, still debating on that one as well :D.

~Bored

P.S. Other 'unofficial' GNs may happen on Wed. nights such as LoL, AoE2, Realm of the Mad God, etc. Stay tuned for those to random up (a week in advance of course.)

Lol are any of the game nights even official?
Yes. The "unofficial" ones are types that Woot does not endorse. I cant' remember the full list he gave in mumble, but basically a major one is MMOs, since it's very difficult to have a "game night" with that. Another are games in which not many people can play.

Or whatever type of multiplayer you'd put "SimCity" in (Yes, someone suggested a SimCity game night...I don't even know how you could have a game night of that)

Yes. The "unofficial" ones are types that Woot does not endorse. I cant' remember the full list he gave in mumble, but basically a major one is MMOs, since it's very difficult to have a "game night" with that. Another are games in which not many people can play.

Or whatever type of multiplayer you'd put "SimCity" in (Yes, someone suggested a SimCity game night...I don't even know how you could have a game night of that)

You could on the larger regions. See how much you could achieve in the time period. Also sandbox mode for lolz.

How about Osu!? It's free and can handle up to 8 players in a room. The way I usually describe it to people is "DDR for your mouse" but there are game modes that just use the keyboard, too. Most, if not all, of the beatmaps are made by the player community, and there are about 5,000 to choose from, all free to download and of varying difficulty levels. There are also special beatmap packs, easy-to-download groups of maps with a common theme (anime, video games, etc.), and about 40 different achievements to earn.

Demo video:

can handle up to 8 players in a room.

This is why not. Woot's already stated if they player limit isn't above 16, I believe, he will not endorse it as a game night. However, getting a small group together for an unofficial game night is completely possible. :3

Official, unofficial, doesn't matter to me. :) Though Osu!'s multiplayer is more people playing the same map at the same time than people playing a map together (for the normal game mode, anyway - CTF is a little more social); the player cap is basically just there due to limitations in how many scores it'll show on the side of the screen, so worst-case scenario we just all share our scores after however many rooms we have are done, if people are in the mood to care about scores. So really the fun of multiplayer compared to single is just in seeing what song someone's going to pick. ...I dunno if that works for or against getting a group together (unofficial or otherwise). :oops:

This is why not. Woot's already stated if they player limit isn't above 16, I believe, he will not endorse it as a game night. However, getting a small group together for an unofficial game night is completely possible. :3
Actually, he said it generally has to be 10 or above. Still would count out Osu from being official, but yeah, just needed to clarify that.

In preparation for MWO gamenight, I'll host a practice session tomorrow at 6:00 CST. (Our usual gamenight time)

This is for anyone who needs advice, help getting over the learning curve, or wants to grind for a few matches and have a customized 'Mech ready for the gamenight. I'll be in #MechwarriorOnline in Mumble.

Are there any minutes/a summary of the community meeting?

"Thank you to all who attended the T9k Community Meeting! To all those that weren't able to attend, the recap is blah blah blah, new forums, blah blah blah, STS is moving to LTS possibly, blah blah blah, more shenanigans for the upcoming few months ."

Pretty much sums it up, o and collaborative homepage script may be a site easter egg once dataleak issues are resolved with it. There was more mentioned, but I'm far to tired to recall any other important matters.

O and Mechwarrior GN on 4/20 at 6pm CST (unless time rescheduled pending Motorkat's discretion :))

Either Killing Floor or CS:GO GN on 4/27, still debating on that one as well :D.

~Bored

P.S. Other 'unofficial' GNs may happen on Wed. nights such as LoL, AoE2, Realm of the Mad God, etc. Stay tuned for those to random up (a week in advance of course.)

:facepalm:

I learned nothing.

Next time I record it? Mix it with some dubstep, and buy a pie?

Make it a cake and we're golden.

Not to hi-jack the thread, BUT, if the quarterly meetings are the only place we're getting updates on certain things (because there aren't that many staff blogs) like Classic and gamenights and things like that, it would be nice to have that information somewhere where those who cannot attend can still get that information. If it could be typed into minutes, that'd be awesome because I don't want to listen to 2hrs of a bunch of people trying to talk over each other.

And when's the next time we're having an Armageddtron gamenight?

I'd really like to second what was said above. I rarely if ever get onto mumble and I am usually busy during quarterly meetings.

Back