Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Not deleted, just do what Woot does when the server gets stale. Less people to almost very little play so he saves the map and puts it up for download and gives it a fresh new map.

I thought that was normally due to a new version coming out and people wanting the new biomes. Or a hack :)

On one hand there is the investment that players have put into their creations over the past year. It's not just the towns, but many players have been building in the Hinterlands even if they haven't publicized their activities (who would if they build in the Hinterlands).

Exactly. I was involved in a major build in the Hinterlands "recently", but naturally not many people know where it is, since that's the point of the Hinterlands.

Of course, dare I mention the fact that I don't think the rules of the Hinterlands are what most players would prefer. My understanding is the rules were voted on by people who ended up not playing not he server, so they're obviously not well aligned with the desires of people who actually play on the server.

To suddenly lose that investment... I'm not the right person to explain this thought process since I'm not one to develop an attachment to digital data from a server in flux.

I do develop such an attachment, and don't like things being removed.

On the other hand, I'm well aware of the fact that the majority (or at least the vocal majority) love resets and seem to want them all the time.

There are a lot of reasons I'm not playing right now, some related to the server and some related to the outside world, but deleting all the worlds and starting from scratch is not going to change any of those reasons for me. In fact, I don't have time to start from scratch with gathering resources again right now, so a reset would discourage me from coming back for longer.

I think that when new cities are added to the server, it generates interest because there are new places to explore and opportunities to start building with a fresh theme and plans. I'm sure there are a number of people who have been hanging out for the opportunity to do in a new city what mountainboy did in Serpent's Pass, i.e. design and build most of it himself (not that he planned for that to happen). Maybe that is a less destructive way of generating some interest.

A fresh start is, and always has been, a great way to give the server new life.
Makes it feel like a new adventure in a new world, heck it even feels like you just started playing again.
I personally don't get attached to things made in minecraft, but i DID get attached to the fun times we had building new cities with very little resources.

'New' server, new system and plugins, new admins if needed (prob not, you guys have been doing a great job) and maybe less or even more freedom. Heck, even the faction thing we had going on THAT ONE (corrupt) server could work.
Change is never a bad thing, maintaining an old idea or system usually is

Try something new, learn and change your ideas, move on. no limits :thumbsup:

PS: I'm not voting for anything, just giving food for your thoughts

A fresh start is, and always has been, a great way to give the server new life.
Makes it feel like a new adventure in a new world, heck it even feels like you just started playing again.
I personally don't get attached to things made in minecraft, but i DID get attached to the fun times we had building new cities with very little resources.

'New' server, new system and plugins, new admins if needed (prob not, you guys have been doing a great job) and maybe less or even more freedom. Heck, even the faction thing we had going on THAT ONE (corrupt) server could work.
Change is never a bad thing, maintaining an old idea or system usually is

Try something new, learn and change your ideas, move on. no limits :thumbsup:

PS: I'm not voting for anything, just giving food for your thoughts

I think it would be fun if we had a creative only server, where we only worked on 1 single project. For example, we could build a giant cathedral together as a server. Everyone adds pieces and helps influence the design. Random chaos with a hint of order. After a month or two, we upload our project for the world to see, and then start a new project.

Thoughts?

I think it would be fun if we had a creative only server, where we only worked on 1 single project. For example, we could build a giant cathedral together as a server. Everyone adds pieces and helps influence the design. Random chaos with a hint of order. After a month or two, we upload our project for the world to see, and then start a new project.

Thoughts?
Perhaps it could be on a customized map as well. Maybe one already made. One already waiting for creative ideals to embellish onto its blocky surface. Perhaps a map of a certain island variety. One with multiple diversified biomes, and named after a lion and a cloud chilling in a isle. Who knows.

As far as wiping is concerned, I've set up a questionnaire with Google Forms. This also includes questions that we've already asked before, but that I'm asking again now that we have months of experience behind our current setup. I also added a question about if we want to add old maps like Csi and Mighty's reunion server, and if we want to be able to just view them or also edit them.

...also, something potentially big could be added to the server next week.
2015-03-17_23.22.43.png

I've been holding off on this due to a slightly more busy work schedule this past week, but the results of the questionnaire indicate that the majority of people want the server wiped, pvp in the main world is split 50/50, a majority want the main world to not have a dynamic map enabled, people want Lioncloud Isles to stay, and a slight majority wanted old worlds accessible via spectator mode over survival.

Here's the plan: we can either get the new world up immediately, or I can make a backup of the current world (the Hinterlands, Newbank, Southbridge, and Serpent's Pass will become "museum worlds") so we can have one of those crazy pre-wipe celebrations we used to have. I'm thinking full creative mode, access to the NBTEditor plugin, and no regions? Lioncloud will be moved over as it is, with anything that can hold an inventory (chests, furnaces, etc.) being deleted.

Also, we now have two moderators who can mute, kick, and temp-ban anyone breaking our rules: mountainboy965 and Tsysin.

Edit: Bringing server down so I can transfer the worlds and get Debian to quit bugging me about updates.

I've been holding off on this due to a slightly more busy work schedule this past week, but the results of the questionnaire indicate that the majority of people want the server wiped, pvp in the main world is split 50/50, a majority want the main world to not have a dynamic map enabled, people want Lioncloud Isles to stay, and a slight majority wanted old worlds accessible via spectator mode over survival.

Here's the plan: we can either get the new world up immediately, or I can make a backup of the current world (the Hinterlands, Newbank, Southbridge, and Serpent's Pass will become "museum worlds") so we can have one of those crazy pre-wipe celebrations we used to have. I'm thinking full creative mode, access to the NBTEditor plugin, and no regions? Lioncloud will be moved over as it is, with anything that can hold an inventory (chests, furnaces, etc.) being deleted.

Also, we now have two moderators who can mute, kick, and temp-ban anyone breaking our rules: mountainboy965 and Tsysin.

Edit: Bringing server down so I can transfer the worlds and get Debian to quit bugging me about updates.
I like the creative idea. Slightly confused, are we going with a creative mode server or are we just getting access to creative mode for the pre celebration wipe event then back to survival?

Back