Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

The polls said something about mods.
How about flans mod (with all official content packs)
There are very few flans server's, and the demand for a well run flans server with official mod packs is very high.

The polls said something about mods.
How about flans mod (with all official content packs)
There are very few flans server's, and the demand for a well run flans server with official mod packs is very high.
I wouldn't recommend a mod like that with what people are currently asking for (If your mad max idea wins out I wouldn't be against it).

In regards to the poll since I have no idea how many people are interested so would anyone have a suggestion as to when to consider it for what we end up doing with it?

The most fun I've had in Minecraft was the original concept idea for Maridia (an entirely underwater city), and the Skylands. It was different than the normal game, but had nothing new added to it. It was adventurous, silly, and awesome.

Nowadays, my computer nearly blows up if I try to run Minecraft, so. :/

The idea of playing minecraft but entirely in the sky or underwater would definitely be a bit of a breath of fresh air. And it wouldn't be that hard to make something like that. Maybe that could be a good idea? Vanilla minecraft but in the sky or underwater?

The idea of playing minecraft but entirely in the sky or underwater would definitely be a bit of a breath of fresh air. And it wouldn't be that hard to make something like that. Maybe that could be a good idea? Vanilla minecraft but in the sky or underwater?
We did that once in 1.0

It's 100% possible to have vanilla Minecraft generate with a water level at the world height limit, iirc.

Personally I've always thought the idea of playing on a skylands map with a zeppelin ships mod always sounded like a good idea but I'm not sure it would translate well into a server.
That does sound pretty cool, especially with only that minor mod. It'd make travelling between floating islands a little easier and add a bit more to the game. I think it'd be a good addition to a server.

So yeah, Gurw's right, everyone wants significantly different things. I, at least, am pretty flexible, because the reboot server was the opposite of most of the things I wanted, but in the end I quite liked it (admittedly I might not have if, at any point, I'd been at risk of being killed by another player in the hinterlands, which the rules said could happen but the actual facts of who was online meant didn't).

So yeah Towny sounds fine to me, outlands + cities is also fine.

Did anyone feel that the reboot server with outlands + cities was bad in some way? It worked well for cooperative builds in a way that Towny wouldn't have, which I guess was why a lot of people preferred that type of server.

It probably wasn't so good for non-T9K players who had to live in another city without many other people around. Maybe Towny but with everyone in a single city run by a benevolent dictator, like Tsysin with Zion on Theo's second (I think) server, would help there, because everyone who knew each other could still build together, but untrusted people could still be nearby instead of 7000 blocks away (at least I think that's the rough distance from Southbridge to Newbank).

On the other hand, I had fun on the reboot server despite the fairly low number of players, so maybe the formula from the reboot server (which I know was the formula from some servers long, long ago) shouldn't be messed with?

So how did CSI Miami's server work with old maps - people actually went and built on the old maps?

So yeah, Gurw's right, everyone wants significantly different things. I, at least, am pretty flexible, because the reboot server was the opposite of most of the things I wanted, but in the end I quite liked it (admittedly I might not have if, at any point, I'd been at risk of being killed by another player in the hinterlands, which the rules said could happen but the actual facts of who was online meant didn't).

So yeah Towny sounds fine to me, outlands + cities is also fine.

Did anyone feel that the reboot server with outlands + cities was bad in some way? It worked well for cooperative builds in a way that Towny wouldn't have, which I guess was why a lot of people preferred that type of server.

It probably wasn't so good for non-T9K players who had to live in another city without many other people around. Maybe Towny but with everyone in a single city run by a benevolent dictator, like Tsysin with Zion on Theo's second (I think) server, would help there, because everyone who knew each other could still build together, but untrusted people could still be nearby instead of 7000 blocks away (at least I think that's the rough distance from Southbridge to Newbank).

On the other hand, I had fun on the reboot server despite the fairly low number of players, so maybe the formula from the reboot server (which I know was the formula from some servers long, long ago) shouldn't be messed with?

So how did CSI Miami's server work with old maps - people actually went and built on the old maps?

Dictator eh! I think this was the world where a bunch of hacks occurs and the guilty party/mayor was discharged and he unclaimed the city before logging. I just rushed in to protect it from greifing until their members logged in. It does however lead to an interesting divergent map where the all the active players worked together for a brief fashion never done before (as far as I know)

Yes, on that server you got to build on the old maps of your choice and it allowed people like me who were sad the Long Term Survival server ended so quickly to finish unfinished builds and make new ones.

Dictator eh!

Well I don't think everyone voted on things, so it wasn't a democracy, but I think everyone is generally happy with your decisions anyway! Well the benevolent bit was right :)

I think this was the world where a bunch of hacks occurs and the guilty party/mayor was discharged and he unclaimed the city before logging. I just rushed in to protect it from greifing until their members logged in. It does however lead to an interesting divergent map where the all the active players worked together for a brief fashion never done before (as far as I know)

Exactly!

Maybe it only worked because it was by accident? If there was Towny again, us Empire folks would go "oh well naturally Tsysin will be the boss like always", but others might not naturally go along with that, whereas in that case it just happened and everyone was happy enough and it worked, even if maybe they hadn't had you as a boss before :)

Yes, on that server you got to build on the old maps of your choice and it allowed people like me who were sad the Long Term Survival server ended so quickly to finish unfinished builds and make new ones.

Nice, wish I'd been there, I'm pretty much sad every map I ever played on finished and would like to continue to play on any of them (well, not the 1.3 one with the mining world). In fact, I think that in every world, I was part-way through building a rail to somewhere when the wipe occurred, except Theo's second world where we knew the end date and I think I worked all night to get my project done in time for nobody to use it unless they downloaded the map :)

I remember before the reboot server one of the things people were worried about was fragmenting the community. I think this might have come up when I suggested half the outlands could be lawless and the other half not (the other half Towny based?). I don't know how much of an issue that might really be, but having a bunch of different worlds would seem like it could be even worse. Maybe just choosing one or two old maps rather than all of them would be better. My vote would be for 1.0, 1.5 LTS or reboot.

P.S. My download of the reboot world is coming along, but I'm sad that Southbridge and Serpent's Pass worlds must be near the end of the .zip file, because I was only able to look in Newbank and half the Hinterlands so far :) Thanks Santa Theo!

I kind of freaked out when I saw this:

Code:
$ unzip ../Reboot.zip
Archive:  ../Reboot.zip
warning [../Reboot.zip]:  4294967296 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  4294967296k
  (attempting to re-compensate)
   creating: Reboot/

and thought it might be because I had to resume the download around that mark, then I realized that 4294967296 is exactly 4GB, so it's just that my unzip program can't handle files that are that big!! (well, actually it did work okay, and I could just ignore the warnings)

Would you mind providing the files for MultiVerse Portals if you still have them?

Also I noticed my ender chest was empty, I assume that's probably because you removed the contents of the playerdata directories? Out of interest, why do you and woot do that? Some privacy issues I can't think of?

Also out of interest, how huge was the database for prism? I figured it might be kind of insane but I don't really have a clue. I guess since people started playing less and history was only kept for a certain amount of time, it might not have been at its peak size when the wipe happened.

Strangely all the maps in Southbridge seem to be blank. I haven't noticed any other problems though (other than the fact I need to get all my waypoints back so I can find things again), it's amazing, thanks!!

Back