Code:
$ unzip ../Reboot.zip
Archive:  ../Reboot.zip
warning [../Reboot.zip]:  4294967296 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  4294967296k
  (attempting to re-compensate)
   creating: Reboot/

and thought it might be because I had to resume the download around that mark, then I realized that 4294967296 is exactly 4GB, so it's just that my unzip program can't handle files that are that big!! (well, actually it did work okay, and I could just ignore the warnings)

Would you mind providing the files for MultiVerse Portals if you still have them?

Also I noticed my ender chest was empty, I assume that's probably because you removed the contents of the playerdata directories? Out of interest, why do you and woot do that? Some privacy issues I can't think of?

Also out of interest, how huge was the database for prism? I figured it might be kind of insane but I don't really have a clue. I guess since people started playing less and history was only kept for a certain amount of time, it might not have been at its peak size when the wipe happened.

Strangely all the maps in Southbridge seem to be blank. I haven't noticed any other problems though (other than the fact I need to get all my waypoints back so I can find things again), it's amazing, thanks!!
I didn't upload the player data because Woot didn't with the old maps, and I assumed he had a good reason, lol.

@StTheo Thanks again for the WorldGuard configuration. One dumb question: what was the deal with spawn protection? There doesn't seem to be a region for it, and sure, I could make one myself easily enough, but I was wondering, did you have spawn-protection=106 in server.properties or something instead of a region? I don't even know if that prevents mob spawns.

And the mods that the game steals from
Oh, you mean the mods that were developed by people who are now either working for Mojang as developers because of their work on the mods, or gave explicit permission to Mojang to use their code, even though Mojang didn't actually have to ask since in the ToS it explicitly states that any modifications of the game remain property of Mojang?

Don't say they stole it. You can't steal something you already own.

Oh, you mean the mods that were developed by people who are now either working for Mojang as developers because of their work on the mods, or gave explicit permission to Mojang to use their code, even though Mojang didn't actually have to ask since in the ToS it explicitly states that any modifications of the game remain property of Mojang?

Don't say they stole it. You can't steal something you already own.
Alright, to rephrase:
Mods which Mojang incorporated into the game rather than creating fresh ideas into the mechanics of the game. (are you proud of me yet dad?)

babybacon, your problem is you try out these mods and then are disappointed when Mojang incorporate about 10% of it into the base game. If you were like me and never tried the mods, you'd be impressed when after a few years that highly cut-down new stuff got introduced :)

babybacon, your problem is you try out these mods and then are disappointed when Mojang incorporate about 10% of it into the base game. If you were like me and never tried the mods, you'd be impressed when after a few years that highly cut-down new stuff got introduced :)
You poor soul, you've never even used the poop block mod. I pitty you.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1278461-1-0-0-poopcraft

In all seriousness though: I didn't mean to throw any extremely accusatory finger or try and make demands that could never be met. We've had modded servers in the past on Team9000 and it has been awhile since then so I thought I would suggest it. Make the server you want to make and I will still join to build whatever intricate penis statue I can think of.

Okay I can imagine that I'm going to totally miss out on playing this because Mojang are never going to include this in the base game.

And I'm not disappointed in the slightest :)

In all seriousness though: I didn't mean to throw any extremely accusatory finger or try and make demands that could never be met.

Suggestions don't bother me, but it's going to run on Tsysin's machine so it's up to him what goes on there, and then it's up to my motivation :) I'm getting close to the point where I just want to start building stuff!!

We've had modded servers in the past on Team9000 and it has been awhile since then

Before my time I guess? I don't remember anything other than Towny or other protection, economy stuff, MultiVerse, etc. Were there servers that needed client-side mods in the past? I'm assuming Mo Creatures for example needs a client-side mod?

I will still join to build whatever intricate penis statue I can think of.

Speaking of intricate penis statues, how did the Tower of Ozy work? :) Did it use buscript? Just curious, not planning on implementing that kind of thing.

It used CommandHelper and MultiVerse, though I think eventually we decided MV was unnecessary.

And yes, Mo Creatures used client-side mods. When we discuss "modded Minecraft servers" they almost always need client-side mods.

It used CommandHelper and MultiVerse, though I think eventually we decided MV was unnecessary.

Oh okay thanks, I missed the bit where you could make standing in a certain place trigger something in CommandHelper but I didn't read it closely enough. I could understand if there was a command block there but there was nowhere for one to hide, I even griefed the area to make sure :D

When we discuss "modded Minecraft servers" they almost always need client-side mods.

Were there official T9K ones a long time ago or was it the more recent community ones that were modded?

For the pressure plates, I had commandhelper listen to pressure plate events, and filtered them by coordinates.

As a note, we're up in 'Alpha' status and we haven't blown up the airship/zeppelin which is noteworthy. PM me and Dos if you want to mess around in the world...Currently it is only the reboot, but may be expanding it in the future to older worlds.

This is not a community server, but more one where older players can connect and maybe finish some of their old builds..as such it's whitelisted atm. We have no intentions currently to make it a public server, but will allow friends, and friends of friends to join

Does anyone know who this farm, east of Serpent's Pass, belongs/belonged to? I ran across it and use it, and /prism tells me Tsysin found it too :)

2016-04-23_13.20.22.png

When will you let me poke around inside of you....r server?

:rolleyes:

You just need to:

PM me and Dos

If you were waiting for it to be less:

'Alpha' status

it seems to work, and even has periodic offsite backups, so actually it's not all that "alpha" I think. It does go down occasionally, but as much as I complain to myself about the outages I don't bother fixing them. I might be more inclined to fix them if someone else joins us :) Alfi does drop by occasionally!

Actually it's down right now lol

Back