Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Public maps and no overworld protection don't mix. Please don't add dynmap, it fucks over those of us not in towns.
The plan for dynmap was to have an updated town map and every few weeks have the overworld update. Though, I am against having an outlands world map.

The Hinterlands will only have a map if we can both disable the player icons on that map only, and make it not "live," instead updating with a snapshot every few weeks.

The Hinterlands will only have a map if we can both disable the player icons on that map only, and make it not "live," instead updating with a snapshot every few weeks.
It still would fuck Hinterland (Is that the name of it?) players. Anything a player builds above ground is able to be found and accessed. Even something as simple as the village me and my mates decked out is suddenly open for public use/destruction.

It still would fuck Hinterland (Is that the name of it?) players. Anything a player builds above ground is able to be found and accessed. Even something as simple as the village me and my mates decked out is suddenly open for public use/destruction.
This is also my primary concern with a dynmap of the Hinterlands, especially since there is no replacement of lost items and I'm uncertain of the strength of grief reversions.

A biome map would be interesting to see. Does it reveal terrain at all?
Never heard of it, so I looked into it myself:

MfdIw4w.png

Why not just have the admins take a snapshot of the town or towns then post it here.?
Well, the Cities will have a Dynmap, once Dynmap is up-to-date. All we're discussing is the Hinterlands (the main world), which doesn't have grief protection.

Well, the Cities will have a Dynmap, once Dynmap is up-to-date. All we're discussing is the Hinterlands (the main world), which doesn't have grief protection.
I'm for it not having a map. To me, that would kill the feel of the world. It's supposed to be tough, and you're suppose to risk your neck looking for the things you want to find. Maybe you want to find Acacia trees. If you could immediately pinpoint the nearest biome with them, it removes a lot of the challenge of obtain it.

Back