Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Requesting protection removal from Stronghold portals or a decent reason as to why they are protected.

Requesting protection removal from Stronghold portals or a decent reason as to why they are protected.

So that creepers don't blow up the portals?

EDIT: NVM - I was thinking something else. So yeah, I want to voice the same question as Allimon. Why the are the stronghold portals being protected?

Also, if the portals are broken, one falls straight into the lava and can't leave because of the protections.

Only one is protected, to ensure access to the End is not compromised, even if the other two are wrecked. Also, only the portal room is protected. If you want to build a base around it, either find one of the other two, or just build around the room.

Only one is protected, to ensure access to the End is not compromised, even if the other two are wrecked. Also, only the portal room is protected. If you want to build a base around it, either find one of the other two, or just build around the room.
He wanted to destroy the silverfish spawner, I told him I wouldn't, then he told me just to remove the protections then >.>

He wanted to destroy the silverfish spawner, I told him I wouldn't, then he told me just to remove the protections then >.>
Silverfish got in to the end, where they were stuck on the platform until the chunks were loaded (I went in) and instantly forced me off the edge. There was no reason to keep the silverfish spawner there, it had no drops, and served only to piss off people trying to get in to the end. Thankfully, Chiba removed it.

It's impossible to claim in the overworld, and if you can find the portal without having access to a diamond pick (that breaks literally any obstruction except for bedrock, which players don't have access to), something is really wrong. No real reason for protections.

Edit: >.>

I still don't understand what a wrecked portal is. You can't exactly break the blocks and don't we have grief reversion anyway?

I still don't understand what a wrecked portal is. You can't exactly break the blocks and don't we have grief reversion anyway?
We also can't place portal blocks, even with WorldEdit, and LogBlock can't revert damage done to portals. This is due to Minecraft. It's not a perfect solution, but regardless, it's a preventative measure, in case someone does find a way to damage the portal.

You know, there are TWO other portals that aren't protected. Go use those. It's not like they're difficult to find.

We also can't place portal blocks, even with WorldEdit, and LogBlock can't revert damage done to portals. This is due to Minecraft. It's not a perfect solution, but regardless, it's a preventative measure, in case someone does find a way to damage the portal.

You know, there are TWO other portals that aren't protected. Go use those. It's not like they're difficult to find.
Yeah, I realize there are two other portals but I was unaware that they were unprotected since I was under the impression from my conversation with the other mods online at the time that all the portals were protected and not just the one I happened to find.

P.S. You can replace the frames from creative in order to reform the portal.

Well, now that the silverfish spawner is broken I don't think they exactly have a problem...

P.S. You can replace the frames from creative in order to reform the portal.
We tried that a few times after I killed the dragon with a command. Exceptions were thrown, dragon had to be respawned and killed the normal way.

We tried that a few times after I killed the dragon with a command. Exceptions were thrown, dragon had to be respawned and killed the normal way.
You can't recreate a portal after it's been dismantled? Interesting. I would not have expected that.

Member ranked players are now dark green, by popular demand (read: everyone online bitching about white being hard to read for half an hour).

Yeah so what happened with the dragon anyway?

Also thanks Chiba for destroying the silverfish spawner, they suck. For anyone who doesn't know, take a look online at how much light you need to put in the room to prevent them from spawning!!

Yes, sorry, I was meaning to fix that up, a lot. I just need to get materials. I'm thinking stone brick and spruce, but yea, I'll take it down. It was there for me to figure out where it would go, and forgot to remove it.

EDIT: It's been moved.

Cheers! I wouldn't mind if you left it where it was (just pillars a bit further apart), now it's a bit awkward for people to get to the entrance.

I'd be willing to swap some of the cobble stairs for stone, I think I need to change the roof of my house to cobble :)

Yeah so what happened with the dragon anyway?

Also thanks Chiba for destroying the silverfish spawner, they suck. For anyone who doesn't know, take a look online at how much light you need to put in the room to prevent them from spawning!!
I would like to state that I didn't touch the silverfish spawner. I begrudgingly removed the lava pool below the portal. That's it.

Back