Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Filter out votes of people who live in SouthBridge.
Soooooo....everyone?

Including you?

2014-07-31_22.33.56.png

Lives there, not has permissions there. Living there gives people the choice to have protected storage if they want it. I live in the hinterlands.

Edit: Patchouli beat me to it.
So, I might be immortal, but I'm not psychic, and I'm not going to individually check to make sure everyone who votes has a legitimate home in the Hinterlands, especially since not everyone is online when I am. If I put up a vote, everyone gets a say.

EDIT: As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is greylisted for SB lives there.

Southbridge Application
IGN: DeathAxer
Length of time with Team9000: A few minutes
Last official map you played on: None, I am new
One veteran member (has been here longer than 1 year) to vouch for you: BabyBacon

This part aside, it also is a problem when random people can lock you in/out of your house.

But whether or not you can lock stuff in the outlands, people can still grief your house. I guess if someone locks you in your house in such a way that there's not a single breakable block around you, that would be more annoying than grief, but generally it's all grief, all bannable, all going to be reverted by an admin, right?

I'm not at all surprised at the negative response to the news about LWC in the outlands, and the fact that there are quite a few people who think the outlands were already too easy (due to lack of all-out PvP) is also not surprising: these people liked having to hide from griefers, and yet grief isn't allowed, so how are they gonna get their thrills? I can only assume these people want VVhiteBuffalo to come back and find their chests and steal everything so they can have the challenge of starting all over again because after 2 weeks they already have fully enchanted diamond armor and can't be killed and that's just no fun for them.

My immediate reaction is to vote for allowing chests in the outlands, but before I vote I'll see if any convincing objective arguments come up other than just the usual differences in opinion over what difficulty level we all want.

Come to think of it Patch, if someone locks you in your house, that just goes to show you didn't hide properly, shame on you :p

Just got disconnected with the message "Server closed", and now getting connection refused errors :(

Just got disconnected with the message "Server closed", and now getting connection refused errors :(
Making a backup of the server so we can go from a dev craftbukkit to a beta one safely.

Duplication glitch
Duplication glitch
In the future, if you find a duplication glitch, do not tell people about it publicly. Tell an admin through a conversation. Please edit your posts to remove the instructions on how to use the duplication glitch.

Cool, backups are awesome, thanks! And yeah I kinda thought the glitch reports might be kept private too :(

35 hours and 10 minutes left to make your opinion on having LWC in the Hinterlands known.

But whether or not you can lock stuff in the outlands, people can still grief your house. I guess if someone locks you in your house in such a way that there's not a single breakable block around you, that would be more annoying than grief, but generally it's all grief, all bannable, all going to be reverted by an admin, right?
Bannable, yes. Reverted, no.

We'll remove locked things if necessary, but we won't revert grief in the Hinterlands.
Cool, backups are awesome, thanks! And yeah I kinda thought the glitch reports might be kept private too :(
The initial reports were. We've been trying to find the source of the glitch for about a week now. We finally found a likely candidate and are dealing with it now.

35 hours and 10 minutes left to make your opinion on having LWC in the Hinterlands known.

Bannable, yes. Reverted, no.

We'll remove locked things if necessary, but we won't revert grief in the Hinterlands.
I presume this applies to beacons as well or are those reverted along with rails?

Did I ever say I'd revert rails? I'll protect them :3
Protecting implies that any grief done to them will be reverted and they will maintain a high level of integrity. What I'm getting from this is beacons are not safe in the overworld. Understood.

Come to think of it Patch, if someone locks you in your house, that just goes to show you didn't hide properly, shame on you :p
Well, -I- can't get locked in my house, I can open anything that's locked, or delete it. I'm just speaking on behalf of other people, and well, considering how getting locked out of my house was a thing in the old outlands map and the fact that admins are not on all the time, you could remain locked in/out for awhile.

And not to sound bitchy, but I don't feel like having to take care of instances of such happening all the time.

As for your other comments, no, grief is not reverted. Grief isn't allowed, but it doesn't mean it won't happen to you. And we're not gonna fix it if you do, that's the risk of living in the Hinterlands

Protecting implies that any grief done to them will be reverted and they will maintain a high level of integrity. What I'm getting from this is beacons are not safe in the overworld. Understood.
Or that they'll be zoned to be protected?

Back