Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Oh no, I forgot about you!

Either one of the other admins will get to it or I will in the morning :/

Southbridge Application
IGN: canacona
Length of time with Team9000: 2 years and 5 days
Last official map you played on: erm

Do I really need to do that?

If you look at my signature it hasn't changed for the past 4 years until two days ago. So no you probably don't need an interesting signature.

SouthBridge application
IGN: ImLIfe
Length of time with team9000: more then a year
Last official map you played on: 1.7

SouthBridge application
Last official map ended about a year ago, before 1.7. Is this the first Team9000 map you've been on (my servers don't count)?

All ores and spawners have been removed from Southbridge except coal. Unfortunately, people were abusing the edge of the world for mining purposes, so that's a thing. Blame the dicks.

Southbridge Application
IGN: canacona
Length of time with Team9000: 2 years and 5 days
Last official map you played on: erm

Do I really need to do that?
Approved.
SouthBridge application
Denied. Your profile was made in January. Unless you can have someone vouch for you, I suggest settling in Newbank.

Proposal:

Have a Dynmap for just the cities, so players can see available places to build, what's going on, city layout, and what's being built.

Obviously, no Dynmap for outlands.

The Gurw I had 2 accounts on t9k this and broken_skyraper. (orginal forum account was inkblowout) But I can get somebody vouch for me.

and no theo I was in the 1.0 minecraft server for a bit.

(Sorry I can't use the reply function because I'm on mobile.)

Proposal:

Have a Dynmap for just the cities, so players can see available places to build, what's going on, city layout, and what's being built.

Obviously, no Dynmap for outlands.
Already planned. Dynmap isn't compatible with 1.7.10 at the moment.
The Gurw I had 2 accounts on t9k this and broken_skyraper. (orginal forum account was inkblowout) But I can get somebody vouch for me.

and no theo I was in the 1.0 minecraft server for a bit.

(Sorry I can't use the reply function because I'm on mobile.)
Find someone to vouch for ya and you'll be good :)

I remember seeing the kid around classic some time near it's end.

Haven't observed him much myself but when I did, he seemed to be alright. I haven't heard anything bad about him, so I guess that's something.

I'll throw in a vouch for Im_Life

If you consider two vouches I'll also vouch for him.

I mean I heard about what Life did, but he was always good whenever I saw him.

I'll vouch for Im_Life.

All ores and spawners have been removed from Southbridge except coal. Unfortunately, people were abusing the edge of the world for mining purposes, so that's a thing. Blame the dicks.

I salute whoever thought of this "abuse", you're smarter than me, I was simply afraid of the edge XD Couldn't a wall of bedrock have been used to obscure the edge though?

And shouldn't this change be made to the other city too?

I did realize that if I found some diamonds in Southbridge I ought to go to the same coordinates in the Outlands to find some more, but never actually went looking. I suppose you might call that "abuse of the game mechanics" too, I'd call it putting 2 and 2 together, i.e. fairly obvious if you take a moment to think about it. If you call it abuse when someone understands the game mechanics and uses that information to their advantage, then anyone who makes a mob grinder is definitely abusing the system.

Of course I gather that Gurw has very strong feelings about "abusing the game mechanics" since he was annoyed that I hit the button in the Tower of Ozy multiple times and threatened to kill me if I did it again, which I think is a pretty extreme reaction when someone is unfortunate enough to respawn 3000 blocks from spawn and knows there is a button there that will take them right back to spawn.

I salute whoever thought of this "abuse", you're smarter than me, I was simply afraid of the edge XD Couldn't a wall of bedrock have been used to obscure the edge though?

And shouldn't this change be made to the other city too?

I did realize that if I found some diamonds in Southbridge I ought to go to the same coordinates in the Outlands to find some more, but never actually went looking. I suppose you might call that "abuse of the game mechanics" too, I'd call it putting 2 and 2 together, i.e. fairly obvious if you take a moment to think about it. If you call it abuse when someone understands the game mechanics and uses that information to their advantage, then anyone who makes a mob grinder is definitely abusing the system.

Of course I gather that Gurw has very strong feelings about "abusing the game mechanics" since he was annoyed that I hit the button in the Tower of Ozy multiple times and threatened to kill me if I did it again, which I think is a pretty extreme reaction when someone is unfortunate enough to respawn 3000 blocks from spawn and knows there is a button there that will take them right back to spawn.
The problem is that you can easily find/get to ores like diamond from the edge of the map, which you are not supposed to build out of.

Secondly, since the button gives you a golden apple, that is the reason why it's a one-time thing.

Back