Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

The Gurw I had 2 accounts on t9k this and broken_skyraper. (orginal forum account was inkblowout) But I can get somebody vouch for me.

and no theo I was in the 1.0 minecraft server for a bit.

(Sorry I can't use the reply function because I'm on mobile.)

I played with him

oh cool you use chroma hills too!? I love that texture pack!!!

I don't know how much I will play on the new map butttttttttt might as well apply now to get it out of the way

Southbridge Application
IGN: Ekgladiator
Length of time with Team9000: 2 years (my 2 year is coming up soontm)
Last official map you played on: The LTS map with lufenia and stuff on it

so with the official city is it you can build whatever or does it have to fit a certain theme?

and I know you only have plans for 2 citys but will that ever change to allow for more?

also if I get approved there is a plot of land that I think would be perfect for a build I really want to do, so if I show you the location can I build a harbor house with a ship? if not I totally understand :D
Approved.

oh cool you use chroma hills too!? I love that texture pack!!!

I don't know how much I will play on the new map butttttttttt might as well apply now to get it out of the way

Southbridge Application
IGN: Ekgladiator
Length of time with Team9000: 2 years (my 2 year is coming up soontm)
Last official map you played on: The LTS map with lufenia and stuff on it

so with the official city is it you can build whatever or does it have to fit a certain theme?

and I know you only have plans for 2 citys but will that ever change to allow for more?

also if I get approved there is a plot of land that I think would be perfect for a build I really want to do, so if I show you the location can I build a harbor house with a ship? if not I totally understand :D
So with Southbridge and Newbank, the rules are as follows:
1. Don't build past the edge of the map.
2. Don't build into someone else's claimed area.
3. Don't complain if you were planning to build somewhere, didn't claim it, and someone else beat you to it.

If you want to claim an area, just put up a fence and/or an abundance of signs. Don't claim a stupid amount of area, cause that's rude. If you get into a conflict with your neighbour and can't resolve it, get a mediator (preferably not an admin).

We have plans for as many cities as are necessary. If the server gets really popular, we'll have 150 cities (not likely, but possible).

Just toss a fence around it (and maybe put some blocks with signs out in the water) so that people will know you want to build there. Good luck :D

Nether Portal search radius reduced from 128 to 16. Basically, now portals shouldn't link to other portals unless they're closer than 128 blocks apart in the overworld (16 blocks in the nether).

Nether portal search radius increased back to 128. Sorry guys, but it seems that they won't link back properly otherwise.

Basically, don't build another portal within 128 blocks of an existing one, and you won't have issues.

Nether portal search radius increased back to 128. Sorry guys, but it seems that they won't link back properly otherwise.

Basically, don't build another portal within 128 blocks of an existing one, and you won't have issues.
Thank you now I might have my own place in the nether to mine quartz from :D

I salute whoever thought of this "abuse", you're smarter than me, I was simply afraid of the edge XD Couldn't a wall of bedrock have been used to obscure the edge though?

And shouldn't this change be made to the other city too?

I did realize that if I found some diamonds in Southbridge I ought to go to the same coordinates in the Outlands to find some more, but never actually went looking. I suppose you might call that "abuse of the game mechanics" too, I'd call it putting 2 and 2 together, i.e. fairly obvious if you take a moment to think about it. If you call it abuse when someone understands the game mechanics and uses that information to their advantage, then anyone who makes a mob grinder is definitely abusing the system.

Of course I gather that Gurw has very strong feelings about "abusing the game mechanics" since he was annoyed that I hit the button in the Tower of Ozy multiple times and threatened to kill me if I did it again, which I think is a pretty extreme reaction when someone is unfortunate enough to respawn 3000 blocks from spawn and knows there is a button there that will take them right back to spawn.

I'm in agreement with Dos.

BTW, I'm the one who was "abusing the system," though I can hardly call it "abuse." It is a LOT of work placing cobble around the outside of the world, with risk of falling and losing everything. Additionally, there are continual water-falls and lava-falls falling off the edge, and I had to work my way around those. All in all, it took more time, I realized, to scale the edge of the world looking for ores than it did actually mining, which is why I stop when I only got 2/5 of the way done around the whole city. The payoff in finding ores was much lower than one would have expected.

Furthermore, before I actually "abused the system," the I made sure to ask that "placing blocks in the void" was ok, and Gurw confirmed that it was. Rather than punishing the whole city and taking away the ores, a more proper reaction would to place bedrock around the edge, if you're so concerned about people "abusing it" (which again, as pointed out, is hardly abuse).

Back