Team9000 Vehicle thread

dub
882006_10200220285403506_194762468_o.jpg
that is cleeeeaaaaaaaaan!
have you thought of lowering it?.... or is it already lowered a bit... hard to tell from the pic :D:D
edit: sorry for doubleposting D:

You'll either need to find a metalworker who can bang it back into shape, or hit up your local scrapyard for a compatible rim. Or get a new one, but I'm assuming you want to avoid that.

Doubt i'd find one at the junkyard, or a used one is still perfect condition like mine. Thankfully though, if it isn't fixable they are still in production.

It's going to cost a fortune to "fix" a rim that probably isn't even fixable. Better off buying a new rim before the broken one causes any bigger damage to the car.

Probably. I'd like to see how bad it really is first though.

provide pics....
really depends on how big is the "dent" and if it's even the cause for the deflation, might just be a punctured tire (what really usually happens on hitting potholes)

I'll take a video since it might be easier. Doubt it's punctured as where the dent is, the tire was humid where all the N2 leaked out.

Well video didn't turn out 'too well' so i took a picture.. :P

It's hard to see the dent by looking at it, but by touching it you can feel it. Also, with a bit of force I can somewhat fit my finger between the rim and tire.
View attachment 139324

Well video didn't turn out 'too well' so i took a picture.. :P

It's hard to see the dent by looking at it, but by touching it you can feel it. Also, with a bit of force I can somewhat fit my finger between the rim and tire.
View attachment 139324
It's very unlikely that the dent is the reason for deflation. You probably have a puncture somewhere in the tire. I can't be sure, since I'm not there to actually see the gap, but again, one that small isn't at all likely to have caused a bad seal. My suggestion is to either use tire seal or get a new tire. If that doesn't work then the dent is actually causing the leak, and you will either need someone to fix it, or replace the rim.

It's very unlikely that the dent is the reason for deflation. You probably have a puncture somewhere in the tire. I can't be sure, since I'm not there to actually see the gap, but again, one that small isn't at all likely to have caused a bad seal. My suggestion is to either use tire seal or get a new tire. If that doesn't work then the dent is actually causing the leak, and you will either need someone to fix it, or replace the rim.

Late update! Seems the rim will be fine (YAY!). Bad news? Upon inspecting it with a mechanic-friend (who owns a garage), we found that the tire had 'ripped' and was losing air from there. It wasn't noticeable until we inflated it (well, tried). The rip is along that design on the side of the tire.

New update! Well, couldn't find tires like I already had in my size. Well, any size really. Not sure why the Nankang NS-2s went missing here O.o
Anyhow, I had to but 2 new tires for the front, so I went with the Nankang NS-20s. A bit more costly, but they do look nice, lol.

So yea. Next step is to wash the car and take pictures :)

Because I lost my camera, and can't take pics until I find the damn thing, I will have to describe my car that I recently bought about a month or so ago (thank you job for giving me monies for dis shiz)

A 2006 Dark Blue Hyundai Elantra

Sunroof, 4 -doors, power steering, power windows, CD player, Automatic. The works.

Also the bass adjuster in my car makes the bass go so deep that it violently shakes my mirrors. Even the side view. I love this car so much.

Because I lost my camera, and can't take pics until I find the damn thing, I will have to describe my car that I recently bought about a month or so ago (thank you job for giving me monies for dis shiz)

A 2006 Dark Blue Hyundai Elantra

Sunroof, 4 -doors, power steering, power windows, CD player, Automatic. The works.

Also the bass adjuster in my car makes the bass go so deep that it violently shakes my mirrors. Even the side view. I love this car so much.
The Elantra is one of the nicer cars in the Hyundai lineup. Be careful though, it works on a distributorless system, which makes the spark plug connection much more susceptible to failing over the long term.

The Elantra is one of the nicer cars in the Hyundai lineup. Be careful though, it works on a distributorless system, which makes the spark plug connection much more susceptible to failing over the long term.

well shit, i'll keep that in mind; regardless, Hyundai is master race.

Back