Team9000 Vehicle thread

Bowl.jpg

You jelous now? I just sit in it and hover :)

Oh and Excide, I freaking love your vehicle... O_o
NO FAIR!

My jaw literally fell when I read this.

Then I remembered you live out East. I saw $1.03/L on Wednesday last week. :D 'Berta. Fuck Yeah.
Ahaha you arrogant entitled bastards

I pay around $1.45 at least
It's only going to go up

I DRIVE A TOYOTA HIGHLANDER FOR CHRISSAKES

you do not know pain

I prefer mileage to letting mechanics rip me off when I'm perfectly capable of fixing my own car - once every two months when I do an oil change, I also do a tune-up. I've spent less than $500 repairing my car in the last two years. I feel sorry for anyone who pays someone else to fix something as simple as an engine.
I do fix my own car. Changing the oil and "tune ups" are not really maintenance. I am talking about when the fuel injection for the weed wacker sized engine goes bad and instead of being able to replace one part you're A. Dismantling your weedwacker for an engine, or B. Contacting Hyundai and telling them your "economy sedan" broke down as you spend more than the car is worth for a replacement engine. I think it's safe to say your assumptions are wrong.

I do fix my own car. Changing the oil and "tune ups" are not really maintenance. I am talking about when the fuel injection for the weed wacker sized engine goes bad and instead of being able to replace one part you're A. Dismantling your weedwacker for an engine, or B. Contacting Hyundai and telling them your "economy sedan" broke down as you spend more than the car is worth for a replacement engine. I think it's safe to say your assumptions are wrong.
I've so far replaced a piston, all of my spark plugs, the front left brake assembly, and the exhaust system, plus various small jobs, like brake pads. None of the major repairs needed to be done, I did them as preventative measures only. I'll get rid of the car before any of them likely would have gone, I just like to work on my car and the junkyard by my house had a sale. So yeah. The oil change and tune-ups are an excuse for me to closely inspect every part that's likely to wear out quickly. Thanks to my doing that, I've got a list of things that are likely to go, in probable order, for the next couple years. If I wanted to, I could replace the second gear in my transmission, as it's beginning to show wear, but there's no reason to and that's one of the few repairs I consider a hassle.

I believe my assumptions were correct. Also, just because an engine is small doesn't mean it's more likely to go. It's just easier to remove from the compartment and work on because it's lighter. I know my shit, man, I've been unofficially designated my family's computer geek and mechanic. The former I'll happily agree I'm not really that good, but in the latter, trucks and mustangs are a pain in the ass to work on.

I've so far replaced a piston, all of my spark plugs, the front left brake assembly, and the exhaust system, plus various small jobs, like brake pads. None of the major repairs needed to be done, I did them as preventative measures only. I'll get rid of the car before any of them likely would have gone, I just like to work on my car and the junkyard by my house had a sale. So yeah. The oil change and tune-ups are an excuse for me to closely inspect every part that's likely to wear out quickly. Thanks to my doing that, I've got a list of things that are likely to go, in probable order, for the next couple years. If I wanted to, I could replace the second gear in my transmission, as it's beginning to show wear, but there's no reason to and that's one of the few repairs I consider a hassle.

I believe my assumptions were correct. Also, just because an engine is small doesn't mean it's more likely to go. It's just easier to remove from the compartment and work on because it's lighter. I know my shit, man, I've been unofficially designated my family's computer geek and mechanic. The former I'll happily agree I'm not really that good, but in the latter, trucks and mustangs are a pain in the ass to work on.
Trucks are the easiest thing in the world to work on.

If you have an engine hoist, I can see that being true. I do not. I would like to get one, but alas, I live in an apartment.
Garage owned by someone I know has 2.. They fold up(-ish) and are fairly compact.. But I can see the issue of having to bring it up the stairs or something with the engine lol..

Garage owned by someone I know has 2.. They fold up(-ish) and are fairly compact.. But I can see the issue of having to bring it up the stairs or something with the engine lol..
I'm not allowed to do major repairs in my parking lot, either, which is the main reason. I do all my heavier repairs at my grandfather's garage, which barely has room for his truck, let alone a proper engine hoist.

Had it up to 3rd gear so far. This is the fastest thing ever.

http://i.imgur.com/DRS4vSL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9iqWVcY.jpg

Sorry about the links. Using browser to post these on my mobile and in a rush!

I'd really like to own a 1098 some day.. Though damn plates and insurance here are thru the roof for motorcycles :/
I'm not allowed to do major repairs in my parking lot, either, which is the main reason. I do all my heavier repairs at my grandfather's garage, which barely has room for his truck, let alone a proper engine hoist.

Well, it's better than nothing :o

If you have been on my FB then you already know, if not, well I got a new car:

Vj91WrY.jpg

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
6.1L V8 Hemi
430HP
430 foot-pound of torque

:3 She's so dreamy. Some cuts and bruises but very nice.

Ahhhhhh! It's so sexy!

Vj91WrY.jpg

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
6.1L V8 Hemi
430HP
430 foot-pound of torque

Very shhhmexy - though do you have to take daily trips to the gas station? <3

Vj91WrY.jpg

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
6.1L V8 Hemi
430HP
430 foot-pound of torque

No matter how much you love that car the local gas station will love it more.

Back