TF2 Load-outs

So, during the previous game night, I obtained two items, the Huntsman, and the Huo-Long Heater.

I'm requesting some quick info on it.

Huntsman, more commonly known as the "Lucksman" it is hated, and loved by all. Basically just for fucking around in the end though.
And believe it or not, the Huo-Long Heater attracts more spies to you because they hate it

So, during the previous game night, I obtained two items, the Huntsman, and the Huo-Long Heater.

I'm requesting some quick info on it.
The Huntsman is a Sniper achievement item. It is a primary weapon.
It's completely different to the Sniper Rifle or any of the Sniper's other primary weapons.
It has a different dynamic and needs to be used differently.

It cannot scope, per se, and it does reduced damage at longer ranges.
It has less ammo.
It's less accurate.
Its projectiles can be reflected and they arc.

However, it charges quicker than the Sniper's other primary weapons (it takes less time for it to charge to get a maximum damage shot).
You maintain a faster speed whilst "scoped".
You can set arrows on fire to inflict burn damage.
It's also a Medieval weapon, meaning you can use it in Medieval Mode.

The long and the short of it is this: the Huntsman functions very differently to the normal Sniper Rifle and it has a steep learning curve. It is largely less accurate, but is has the capacity to be very powerful. It is a "faster" variant of the Sniper Rifle and it has many advantages over its modern counterparts. Perhaps its most useful feature is its ability to be used in Medieval Mode.

The Huo Long Heater is a craftable or dropped primary for the Heavy.
It functions identically to the regular Minigun.

However, when spun up, a ring of fire is deployed around the Heavy. This ring of fire damages those in its area of effect and will inflict afterburn.
The Huo Long Heater consumes 6 ammo a second whilst spun up, even when not shooting. The ring of fire effect will not happen if you are out of ammo, however.

The Huo Long Heater is a useful weapon, but it chews through ammo very quickly and thus is not very sustainable. The ring of fire is a useful anti-Spy barrier. I recommend using it alongside the Shotgun or Family Business. It's more useful in gamemodes such as Payload or Payload Race, where you can use the constant ammo top-up of the cart to replenish ammo.

Huntsman:

+Excels at medium to short range, where snipers are usually only good for medium to long range.
+Requires 1 second to fully charge, as opposed to 3.3 seconds for the stock sniper.
+Arrows are labeled as a "projectile," the same category of object as grenades, rockets, etc. This means its collision radius is unusually large, and it has a much larger window for headshots.
+Uncharged headshots deal 150 damage, allowing you to kill 5 of the classes with a single well aimed click.
+Fully charged headshots deal 360 damage, killing anything except an overhealed heavy. This only requires 1 second to charge
+Movement speed while drawn is 45%, instead of 27% while scoped with a sniper rifle.
+An unknown, INCREDIBLY rare, but unique gimmick is that huntsman arrows destroy enemy projectiles it collides with.
+Can be ignited by Pyros, or Soldiers/Engineers with Righteous Bison/Pomson. This is overhyped, it only helps if you make a bodyshot, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

-Pretty useless at long range. Any kills at this range will be infamous "lucksman" shots.
-Fires slightly faster than once every two seconds. Make your shots count, miss once and you're SOL.
-Only carries 13 arrows at a time.
-Reflectable by Pyros, but chances are minimal that you'll be hit by a reflected arrow at anything other than point blank range.
-If drawn for more than 5 seconds, disables headshot and accuracy is lost. Press your alt-fire to ease the bow, and you can ready again.

This is the biggest game changer for snipers. You become a fragile, mobile one-man mankiller. If offensive sniper sounds interesting, this is what you should be using. Note it's hard at first to lead arrows, but practice will make perfect. Remember to draw your arrow when moving around corners. Aim slightly above eye level on flat ground, and when firing at enemies, lead them and aim slightly above their heads. Use corners to your advantage. If you detect a lone enemy approaching, draw your arrow and hide around a corner they'll walk past. As they turn around the corner, give them a headshot from a meter away. Miss once, you lose. This is one of the most notorious weapons in the game, and it is THE weapon for a sniper on the go. The staple set for an offensive sniper is Huntsman + Jarate + Bushwacka.

Huo Long Heater:

+Unique mechanic, can help against spies who aren't very clever.

-Ammo is even more scarce, and the flames are practically useless in most situations as your minigun will chew up anyone in that range anyway.

Not much different here. Natascha and Brass Beast give entirely different playstyles, but this one isn't far different from the stock Minigun. The best use for it is as a defensive Heavy who is guarding Engineer buildings, igniting spies trying to sap or hide. The ammo loss in this case is negligible as dispensers will refill your ammo rapidly. IMPORTANT NOTE: Smart spies know that it is entirely possible to avoid being ignited with a simple hop over the flames. This will only help prevent attacks from cloaked spies hiding in a corner or spies who approach you directly under a disguise. In most cases, a different minigun provides the same effectiveness with a larger pool of ammo.

Huntsman:

+Excels at medium to short range, where snipers are usually only good for medium to long range.
+Requires 1 second to fully charge, as opposed to 3.3 seconds for the stock sniper.
+Arrows are labeled as a "projectile," the same category of object as grenades, rockets, etc. This means its collision radius is unusually large, and it has a much larger window for headshots.
+Uncharged headshots deal 150 damage, allowing you to kill 5 of the classes with a single well aimed click.
+Fully charged headshots deal 360 damage, killing anything except an overhealed heavy. This only requires 1 second to charge
+Movement speed while drawn is 45%, instead of 27% while scoped with a sniper rifle.
+An unknown, INCREDIBLY rare, but unique gimmick is that huntsman arrows destroy enemy projectiles it collides with.
+Can be ignited by Pyros, or Soldiers/Engineers with Righteous Bison/Pomson. This is overhyped, it only helps if you make a bodyshot, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

-Pretty useless at long range. Any kills at this range will be infamous "lucksman" shots.
-Fires slightly faster than once every two seconds. Make your shots count, miss once and you're SOL.
-Only carries 13 arrows at a time.
-Reflectable by Pyros, but chances are minimal that you'll be hit by a reflected arrow at anything other than point blank range.
-If drawn for more than 5 seconds, disables headshot and accuracy is lost. Press your alt-fire to ease the bow, and you can ready again.

This is the biggest game changer for snipers. You become a fragile, mobile one-man mankiller. If offensive sniper sounds interesting, this is what you should be using. Note it's hard at first to lead arrows, but practice will make perfect. Remember to draw your arrow when moving around corners. Aim slightly above eye level on flat ground, and when firing at enemies, lead them and aim slightly above their heads. Use corners to your advantage. If you detect a lone enemy approaching, draw your arrow and hide around a corner they'll walk past. As they turn around the corner, give them a headshot from a meter away. Miss once, you lose. This is one of the most notorious weapons in the game, and it is THE weapon for a sniper on the go. The staple set for an offensive sniper is Huntsman + Jarate + Bushwacka.

Huo Long Heater:

+Unique mechanic, can help against spies who aren't very clever.

-Ammo is even more scarce, and the flames are practically useless in most situations as your minigun will chew up anyone in that range anyway.

Not much different here. Natascha and Brass Beast give entirely different playstyles, but this one isn't far different from the stock Minigun. The best use for it is as a defensive Heavy who is guarding Engineer buildings, igniting spies trying to sap or hide. The ammo loss in this case is negligible as dispensers will refill your ammo rapidly. IMPORTANT NOTE: Smart spies know that it is entirely possible to avoid being ignited with a simple hop over the flames. This will only help prevent attacks from cloaked spies hiding in a corner or spies who approach you directly under a disguise. In most cases, a different minigun provides the same effectiveness with a larger pool of ammo.

I find my description of these two weapons, way more accurate

IMPORTANT NOTE: Smart spies know that it is entirely possible to avoid being ignited with a simple hop over the flames. This will only help prevent attacks from cloaked spies hiding in a corner or spies who approach you directly under a disguise. In most cases, a different minigun provides the same effectiveness with a larger pool of ammo.
Smart spies know that it is entirely possible to avoid being ignited with a simple hop over the flames.
/)^3^(\

My sniper loadout now:

Huntsman
Jarate
Bushwacka

It makes sniping so much fun. You don't have to camp anymore (in fact you can't do it very well either), but have to fight more at the front lines. You can easily kill most classes (when not overhealed) with the jarate/bushwacka combo. *Does not apply on heavy's/soldiers.
You can really really REALLY help your team. If you stay behind a friendly heavy and throw your Jarate when it meets another heavy, he won't have the slightest chance.

Also, the huntsman is just fun. You can't use it for longer distances though, so you should switch to a real gun when you wanna do that. But it is easy to kill spies with, which is important, because you don't have your SMG anymore when using Jarate.

So., I finally got a good load-out that is what I believe to be worth showing.

2012-12-30_00003.jpg

Suggestions, anyone?

View attachment 136112

Suggestions, anyone?
While I always suggest the Rocket Launcher/Shotgun/Escape Plan loadout, this is actually the loadout that I always use.

It'd be fantastic if you figured that loadout on your own.

Nice weapons but...you have a mercenary and goggles D:
It's actually a funny looking combination x3

View attachment 136112

Suggestions, anyone?
In terms of guns, it's pretty ideal.
The Escape Plan is also a good melee weapon to consider, too.

In terms of the hat, it's great. ;)

I would personally invest in some miscs, however.
All-class miscs are very easy to obtain and are a easy way to smarten up your classes.
I recommend putting $5 on Steam and buying the Tuxxy. Not only is the Tuxxy an incredibly good-looking all-class misc, it is also valuable, and useful as trading fodder.
I personally find the Pyrovision Goggles distracting.
There are many badge-type miscs similar to the Mercenary, such as the Awesomenauts Badge or the Vigilant Pin.

View attachment 136112

Suggestions, anyone?
I use this loadout too, but with the Direct Hit as RL. If you have a good aim or want to annoy snipers, the direct hit might be better, because it has 80% more projectile speed, which is awesome. It has a smaller range of splash damage (-70%), so you have to aim very well, or just use it on closer range. As long as you wont have to reload, it is just an overpowered weapon on the short range, IMO. It does 112 damage when you really hit them, so you can kill everything with a full clip. Oh, and you get minicrits on people that you launched in the air with it.

I use this loadout too, but with the Direct Hit as RL. If you have a good aim or want to annoy snipers, the direct hit might be better, because it has 80% more projectile speed, which is awesome. It has a smaller range of splash damage (-70%), so you have to aim very well, or just use it on closer range. As long as you wont have to reload, it is just an overpowered weapon on the short range, IMO. It does 112 damage when you really hit them, so you can kill everything with a full clip. Oh, and you get minicrits on people that you launched in the air with it.
I would personally recommend against using the Direct Hit.

Although it has very good advantages, it also has an incredibly big disadvantage. The smaller explosion radius makes the weapon far harder to use and makes you a far weaker class, IMO.

The explosion radius of the Direct Hit is only about the same size as a Teleporter. This means that you really have to hit someone right on the torso to get damage, and it's highly unlikely that you'll be scoring mini-crits because the splash target is so tiny.

The projectile speed is a great plus - however, if that's what you're looking for, you're better off using the Liberty Launcher.

The default Rocket Launcher is arguably the best. It has a massive explosion radius and it already does a massive amount of damage. Rocket launchers are weapons that are best used in two ways: spammed in a skirmish, and accurately fired at long range targets such as Sentries.

The Direct Hit cannot be spammed.

The Rocket Launcher is a spam weapon and depriving the Solly of his vital spam nature just ain't right.
That being said, if you're insanely accurate, use the Direct Hit. It's all about personal choice.

Just weighing up the pros and cons.

Note that the Direct Hit's explosion radius is the same for you, in that when you're rocket jumping, the explosion radius is the same. So it's no easier or harder to rocket jump with it.

Direct hit is best melee weapon.

Also I found that a Buff Banner Soldier and a Kritz Medic synergizes REALLY WELL. Try it out; it's a wave of Critz after another.

Direct hit is best melee weapon.

Also I found that a Buff Banner Soldier and a Kritz Medic synergizes REALLY WELL. Try it out; it's a wave of Critz after another.
Buff Banner + Beggar's Bazooka = waves of buttpain
Especially during MvM.

Back