The Homework Thread

Technical Drawing anyone?

All measures are in millimeters

5gZImwb.png

I am unable to draw the 3D object out those 2 images. I keep getting a distorted object.

What I am getting and it doesn't make sense. (the angle in this case must be 30 degrees on both sides

6PxDb3h.jpg

This is my 2nd project. First one was turning a 3D object into 3 outlines, from different perspectives (front, side, top)..

Technical Drawing anyone?

All measures are in millimeters

5gZImwb.png

I am unable to draw the 3D object out those 2 images. I keep getting a distorted object.

What I am getting and it doesn't make sense. (the angle in this case must be 30 degrees on both sides

6PxDb3h.jpg

This is my 2nd project. First one was turning a 3D object into 3 outlines, from different perspectives (front, side, top)..
Here's what I ended up with:
IMG_1368.JPG

I think maybe your outside angles on the piece weren't quite steep enough, resulting in the funny top part.

Here's what I ended up with:
View attachment 139002

I think maybe your outside angles on the piece weren't quite steep enough, resulting in the funny top part.
JHawk, so I managed to get this far. And it looks awesome. That was with both angles being 30 degrees.
SwWLwtR.jpg

I now started on the other two projections. One being 42 degrees, 7 degrees, and sizes being 1:2, 1:1, 1:1. The other being 45 degrees, 0 degrees,and sizes also being 1:2, 1:1, 1:1.
umEvzQa.jpg

How do I go about doing this? I am so confused, yet again mine look so weird. (just a very rough one)
TGbhbrb.jpg

Thread revive

So I have this question in my Maths homework - What is 48÷2(9+3)? I'm pretty sure it's 2 but my calculator tells me it's 288...

Thread revive

So I have this question in my Maths homework - What is 48÷2(9+3)? I'm pretty sure it's 2 but my calculator tells me it's 288...
I am terrible with math, so I can't tell why you would think it's 2. Going by normal process you would get what your calculator gave you.

I am terrible with math, so I can't tell why you would think it's 2. Going by normal process you would get what your calculator gave you.
48 ÷ 2(9+3)= 48 ÷ 2(12) = (48 ÷ 2)(12) = 288
48 ÷ [2(9+3)] = 48 ÷ (2x12) = 48 ÷ 24 = 2

As far as I can tell both work equally fine...

58495019.jpg

Thread revive

Order of operations. The order goes - Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication/Division, then Addition/Subtraction (I learned this as PEMDAS). Multiplication and division rank equally, so you have to go from left to right if there is both a multiplication and division operation going on, which there is in this case (this also applies with addition and subtraction).

So...

48/2(9+3) = x (just putting this in so I can equate it to something)
48/2(12) = x
24(12) = x
288 = x

Well, I guess I should have googled more, apparently this was on the internet a while ago...

ec1.png

TL;DR Badly written question (use of ÷ sign instead of fraction), both answers can be technically correct, and I suspect my Maths teacher gave us this question to troll us

Well, I guess I should have googled more, apparently this was on the internet a while ago...

ec1.png

TL;DR Badly written question (use of ÷ sign instead of fraction), both answers can be technically correct, and I suspect my Maths teacher gave us this question to troll us
Your teacher wants you to use PEMDAS, because that's what your tests will want. You could look smart by using words like juxtaposition and parenthetical implication, but you'll probably get it wrong. Or at least get a smartass comment.

Back