The Pet Discussion Thread

FaerieInCombatBoots

Whether you have a cats, dogs, rabbits or snakes, pets are more than just animals whose poop we have to clean. They're our friends, our family, sometimes the only being we can trust.
So let's talk about our pets here. Share funny stories, and pictures. What pets do you have?

I've got four cats and two mice in my house. (it works out) The cats are name Dommie, Meggie, Max and Mister. The mice are named Fezzick and Stumpy. The mice my sister rescued and hand-raised. Most of the cats we've either rescued, or have had with us since they were kittens.

When I was a wee lad I used to have a rabbit. Then it reminded me of this so I kind of gave it away. Remember, I was a small kid back then ;)

I have no pets :( Do I win?
I mean no disrespect, but if you have nothing else to post that is relevant, try not to post anything.

My Akita Kuga died about 3 years ago.

I now have two cats named Scout (Named after Scout from 'To kill a mocking bird') and Tomlyn from the book 'The Stone Cage'

I am pretty sure you all know about my recent loss...

Only one I have left is this little fat lovable furball named Gracy.
rrj9e.jpg

100_0859.JPG

I HAS A DOG.... with something cancer like ;( Anyway, last pet we have is our dog, 11 years old and has about one year left if the tumor like fat balls grow again, the doc meant she won't make one more operation.

Four dogs, a Macaw, most of you know of Pedro. And Two cats. We used to have a tortoise, but he abandoned us for greener pastures (a female tortoise)

All of these live at my parents house because it would be impossible to keep that herd in a two bedroom apartment. But I see them all very often.

We have three Basset Hounds (One long haired one) and a Black Lab
Thunder, Dixie, and Boomer. And Goob is the Black Lab.

Two cats are Charlie and Annabelle. (Annabelle used to be an indoor cat that lived with us until she got a taste of the great outdoors at my parents place and has since then Abandoned us to roam the woods and hunt deer, only coming back to be loved on and sleep.)

Five cats. Used to have seven. Had two fish tanks, however my uncle found it an irritably large responsibilty, so we handed them (fish + tanks / accessories) to our local pet shop.

topaze.JPG
This is Topaz, a female cat born in 1993. She's still alive today, despite health problems. Her name comes from her eyes are as yellow as topaz.
oscar.JPG
This is Oscar (1998-2011), my only male pet. He was one of my best friends. He suddenly died from a heart attack.
schnuf.jpg
This is my ferret. I don't know how to write her name, Schnuffi (?). My mother found this abandoned pet in a garden, and according to her, the given name means "curious".

More pics
oscar topaze2.JPG oscar topaze.JPG schnuf2.JPG schnuf topaze.JPG schnuf3.JPG

I mean no disrespect, but if you have nothing else to post that is relevant, try not to post anything.
It is entirely relevant. It is a pet DISCUSSION thread. There were no rules or guidelines saying "If you don't have a pet, gtfo" so i am right to discuss what i have (or in my case, what i don't have).

It is entirely relevant. It is a pet DISCUSSION thread. There were no rules or guidelines saying "If you don't have a pet, gtfo" so i am right to discuss what i have (or in my case, what i don't have).
I just typed a long-ass counter argument, but I didn't post it. I know this would start a war, and I would like to avoid that.

So like I said in the blog. I have a female cat. she's not really any special breed or anything afaik. She's ~15 years old, sleeps with me, follows me like she were a dog of some sorts, asks for food and water, doesn't drink out of the bowl. She can also fetch her cans of wet food. even if i change the hiding spot, SHE CAN GET THEM. She also waits for me at the door until i get back, even if it means all day. When I leave for multiple days, relatives tell me she looks for me. At a young age, she went outside and got locked out. We had a crazy thunderstorm that night. Ever since, she hates water, and won't go too far (a few feet) and comes back in once someone touches the door. She's also VERY territorial. This one time a random dog came on the lawn, and she chased the fuck out of that dog, but never went as far as the lawn's boundaries. She hates other female cats. I have this other cat, a persian (my grandma's) my cat gets in fights a lot with her, and wins (the other is declawed in front) funny as hell seeing the white furballs flying everywhere :D

I also have a labrador, who lives with my dad. She's about to turn 8, on Dec 24. a bit overweight, but i love her anyways :D
Got not recent pics of the dog though :(

IMG_20111115_133213.jpg
IMG_20120319_192523.jpg

Aww I had two ferrets a while back, we didn't feel like we could give them adequate time to play and attention after we moved into our Apartment so we gave them to a really good friend who rescues ferrets, they now have a giant room to themselves with several other ferrets and they get all the play time they need and they have girlfriends now when they never used to sleep apart. Their names are Weasel and Twitch.

In fact I dug up some old pictures of them

000_2296.jpg
This was Weasel, back in 2007.

IMG_2053.JPG
Here is both of them

It's (almost) always fun to play with ferrets, but unfortunately they bite a lot, and it's impossible to tell them to stop biting. It doesn't hurt a lot, but it's very annoying. Ferrets are curious, they like to explore every place in the house and sleep in the comfortable things they find. One day, my ferret tried to jump in the WC, fell inside and was all wet. One day she found a way to go on my house's roof, she was stuck for 2 days under the roof tiles before finding out how to go back in the house.

My cat is almost 19 years old, and I'm not sure she will live more than 1 year. My family agreed on one thing: when the cat dies, we'll acquire a new dog. But it isn't easy to choose which breed... I don't want a huge beast, maybe a medium-size dog... suggestions?

It's (almost) always fun to play with ferrets, but unfortunately they bite a lot, and it's impossible to tell them to stop biting. It doesn't hurt a lot, but it's very annoying. Ferrets are curious, they like to explore every place in the house and sleep in the comfortable things they find. One day, my ferret tried to jump in the WC, fell inside and was all wet. One day she found a way to go on my house's roof, she was stuck for 2 days under the roof tiles before finding out how to go back in the house.

My cat is almost 19 years old, and I'm not sure she will live more than 1 year. My family agreed on one thing: when the cat dies, we'll acquire a new dog. But it isn't easy to choose which breed... I don't want a huge beast, maybe a medium-size dog... suggestions?

a short labrador? an australian shepherd?

Mine never bit me, however Weasel loved to chew on Godlib when they were playing but that was about it.

Back