The Pet Discussion Thread

View attachment 126908
This is Topaz, a female cat born in 1993. She's still alive today, despite health problems. Her name comes from her eyes are as yellow as topaz.

My cat is almost 19 years old, and I'm not sure she will live more than 1 year.

Unfortunately, I was expecting Topaz's death, and it happened. I have seen her health getting worse every day during her last week... at least she's not suffering anymore.
I've asked for suggestions about a new dog, 2 months ago. I think my mother has already chosen our next pet. It's going to be...

... a cat. A beautiful black cat that looks like a panther.

Unfortunately, I was expecting Topaz's death, and it happened. I have seen her health getting worse every day during her last week... at least she's not suffering anymore.
I've asked for suggestions about a new dog, 2 months ago. I think my mother has already chosen our next pet. It's going to be...

Sorry for your loss :(

I just had a puppy in February. Name's Ziggy. Here he was when i bought him, when he was about 1 month old:

Ziggy.png

Back a while ago, i had a lot of pets that include baby domestic fowls (as they are properly called) and goldfish. Many of them didn't last a year and died. :eek:

Are you going to name it Onyx? Since you named your last cat Topaz.

I have a old dog named Cinnamon.She's 13 years old,odd that shes still running around a whole lot though.She was given to us by close friends who owned her and always asked our family to watch her.She was pretty much part of the family.One day our friends came by saying that there moving away and they can't take the dog with them and asked us if we wanted to keep her.I loved the dog so much.I was begging my dad the whole day.My whole family agreed and took the dog in.I've had her for 10 years now.I love her so much.She has just gotten sick though and the odds are she's going to die soon.

Amira 06-13-09.jpg
Amira
Bernie.jpg
Bernie
Snapshot_20120928_1.JPG
Yoshi
183824_101197583296672_7432963_n.jpg
Dixie

~More to come
Also, old images are old.

I have a old dog named Cinnamon.She's 13 years old,odd that shes still running around a whole lot though.She was given to us by close friends who owned her and always asked our family to watch her.She was pretty much part of the family.One day our friends came by saying that there moving away and they can't take the dog with them and asked us if we wanted to keep her.I loved the dog so much.I was begging my dad the whole day.My whole family agreed and took the dog in.I've had her for 10 years now.I love her so much.She has just gotten sick though and the odds are she's going to die soon.
Sorry to hear that. Granted, she's old, but I hope she pulls through.

Remember how I thought Meggie was dying? Nope. We just started giving her a regimen of kitty tylenol, and she's back on her feet. Still not using the catbox, because she's some kind of jerk.

I have two cats and one dog. The dog's name is Melody (9 years old), she's is just a very sweet lady dog :p, and the cat's names are Tiger and Lily, Tiger being the boy and Lily being the girl (each is 7 years old). Tiger is a fat ass who just loves to eat and won't stop bothering us with his annoying meowing. But I still love him! Lily is a bit quieter, she actually can't meow, she can barely do it, but that's it. In 2005, my mom found 4 kittens in a cardboard box in the alleyway of the Oak Hill YMCA (in Austin). Two are the cats we have, and the other two was a black cat, and a white cat with gray spots. We gave the black and the white cats to our neighborhood friends, and kept ours. Here are pics of them after she brought em home.
IMG_3699.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3721.JPG

Here is Melody around the time we got her. I was smooshing her face x3.
IMG_2790.JPG

DSC_0367.JPG

CSC_0831.JPG

Now here's a more recent Tiger doing...weird things...I swear, this first pic he looks high or something.
DSC_0685.JPG

DSC_0810.JPG

CSC_7772.JPG

CSC_0687.JPG

CSC_9465.JPG

Here's Lily.
DSC_1894.JPG

CSC_1210.JPG

CSC_1730.JPG

CSC_0859.JPG

There's my petsy pets! My mom loves to take cool pictures.

The adorable ness in this thread is killing me!

Anyway, I have two cats and two kittens, all obviously adding up to four. I would put a picture, but I'm forced to use and iPad due to my laptop having technical problems. Anyway, the first cat is a white persian-munchkin cross breed who's name in caramel, and the other one's name is...... George. (I know it's more of a human name but meh) George is just a large brown cat. The two kittens are Bella and lightning and they are twins who are both white and brown and are a breed of which I do not know of.

(P.S If I have a weird typo, blame autocorrect.) :cautious:

So.... You do love rats?
I don't know. Maybe?

I've also personally owned two rabbits. My dad has had 2 as well. 4 birds that I can remember. 2 Finchs, a Parakeet and this cockatiel. Though from what I know my parents have had others. A bunch of small animals, Guinea Pig, mice, hamsters, probably other ones I don't remember. We've had snakes, turtles, lizards, frogs and more fish then anyone I've ever met has ever had. All fresh/brakish water. We've had a bunch of different cats the ones I remember are Spazzy a female silver tabby, Panther solid black male, Smoky a pure bred rescued balinese and Sheba a Himalayan/I don't remember the other bred cross that we got from my aunt after she found out her son was allergic. We've also had one dog a half collie/half golden retriever mix that my mom got from the Humane Society.

A lot of the rats I've had I've gotten from various pet stores. SuperPetz (which no longer exists), Petco (which I refuse to buy rats from ever again), Pet Smart (They aren't that bad). That Pet Place, That Fish Place (they actually I think are better then most other places left around me). There was another place that no longer exists, pity I can't remember the name of it. They were the best place ever to get rats from. I got most of my original males from there. I've also rescued a few rats as well.

Back