Web.Rebuild Discussion

Good

Don't care

Heck no

That info's important, it would be a shame to waste it.
Hue

But otherwise, may I say, T9K looks fantastic.
It's beautiful, man.
I think getting rid of the like and message counters is a good thing, to be completely honest when I first became somewhat active on the forums my goal was to get to active member then to well known. With those going away, many posts will be of higher quality.

I think getting rid of the like and message counters is a good thing, to be completely honest when I first became somewhat active on the forums my goal was to get to active member then to well known. With those going away, many posts will be of higher quality.
Member status doesn't mean shit,
I just like to know how much I've posted and how much people like what I post.

Everyone nowadays is a Well-Known Member so the rank is irrelevant

I also notice that the names under our avatars are too light. sometimes I have to select to see who posted if I don't recognize their avatar.. small cosmetic thing but it does make a difference
YES
I prefer Team9000 light theme, but I'm forced to use dark because I can't see names on light.

But otherwise, may I say, T9K looks fantastic.
It's beautiful, man.
Not a fan of how much space there is that isn't being used. The header was reduced, which made even more unused space than there used to be.

Honestly, I wish it were filled in more.

Clipboard01.png

Yellow = Unused Space
Orange = Old Header Size

About the themes. Will custom themes (or alternative themes that don't look like crap) ever be a thing

EDIT: Didn't mean the default black theme. But the white theme is just so bad.

Member status doesn't mean shit,
I just like to know how much I've posted and how much people like what I post.

Everyone nowadays is a Well-Known Member so the rank is irrelevant

I believe that likes should stay (somewhat). I think that people should still be able to like your comment in a thread, but I do not think that likes should be counted and posted on your profile page. It is nice to know when people agree with you through likes without every single one of them having to reply and say "I agree with what Stratadon said." that will just fill the threads with clutter and useless posts. The likes prevent this from happening.

I believe that likes should stay (somewhat). I think that people should still be able to like your comment in a thread, but I do not think that likes should be counted and posted on your profile page. It is nice to know when people agree with you through likes without every single one of them having to reply and say "I agree with what Stratadon said." that will just fill the threads with clutter and useless posts. The likes prevent this from happening.
Having a tally is nice, though.

Not a fan of how much space there is that isn't being used. The header was reduced, which made even more unused space than there used to be.

Honestly, I wish it were filled in more.

View attachment 139097

Yellow = Unused Space
Orange = Old Header Size
I believe the empty space is meant to cater to those without widescreen monitors. Its not uncommon for websites to have empty spaces on the left and right side. In my instance, compared to your screen shot, the spaces on either side are wider than what you have.

I believe the empty space is meant to cater to those without widescreen monitors. Its not uncommon for websites to have empty spaces on the left and right side. In my instance, compared to your screen shot, the spaces on either side are wider than what you have.
Not to mention I love the lack of clutter on the sides. Its what turns me off for other forums, while t9k its just space, nice and clean space.

I'm not sure if the graffiti-writing style of the header background fits the rest of the site. Comes off.....immature, IMO.

I like the new header. :3 If we could now only get the front page font site wide. :3

Also:

f6IKbyg.png

Just want to throw these ideas out there for design:

1.) Make the head background the background of the sides of the pages which are now black

2.) Make it so the header fades into black if you don't want to stretch it across the entire page.

IMO, it looks tacky when it's the header and it just stops and becomes black.

Also, can conversations and notifications becomes a Google+ or Facebook style pop down? Instead of opening up a new tab?

Back