Web.Rebuild Discussion

How big is your monitor? If your window is too short, the header will get out of your way because you don't have much screen real estate.
I have a 15" screen, 1366x768.
It works now, but I suggest that only the very top bar follows you when you scroll down, to make some space.

1.png

PS: The "upload image" window gets overlapped.

2.png

I'm ok with all the current changes. Mostly design is what I was looking for. I <3 the front page. I'm a big fan of flat, minimalistic user interfaces. That's why I love Holo UI (Android 4.0+) so much.

Everything looks and sounds great.. But, it would be neat to have your signature under your posts. I'm sure there was an issue with people making their signatures TOO big. If you could limit the size of one's signature to a small banner, it would make things more unique and whatnot. This has been discussed before.. Just thought I should bring it up.

Everything looks and sounds great.. But, it would be neat to have your signature under your posts. I'm sure there was an issue with people making their signatures TOO big. If you could limit the size of one's signature to a small banner, it would make things more unique and whatnot. This has been discussed before.. Just thought I should bring it up.

Too much used space and bandwidth. Just my $0.02

Some more of my opinions. Get rid of Post/like count, under the user but keep the titles (and maybe add some others?). The website can still keep track of the counts to determine who is well known and not, but there shouldn't be a number. If you are around and people hear from you, then everyone knows you anyhow, a number doesn't really mean much. I do think more titles should be added, but no one should know how to get them. Obviously make them somewhat obtainable, but it is kind of like an easter egg that people have to stumble across, that way we don't get a million title changes to the same thing. Just a thought, and I doubt it will happen.

However this is about the current web.rebuild we have seen so far, so I should put input in for it instead of throwing out random ass ideas. I love the SSO bar although I feel like you should bring back the drop down view boxes for the alerts and messages. The search bar is awesome, and looks pretty slick. I like how the design turns almost invisible depending on how I look at the screen, but I am not a big fan of the design. I am horrible at designing things so since I have no recommendation nor can I do it better, I am fine with how it is. Over all, I love the way the site looks and feels and I have no problem with what ever direction you move in. Thanks for all the hard work Wooty, we all really do appreciate it :)

I think that you should either
1. Keep the post / like count thing
2. Ditch it but be more proactive about giving personalized ranks so that people can measure their contribution

Eh?

My only real major problem is the search. It functions better than the default, if you don't use any filters. But trying to search posts by a specific person, or a specific thread or forum is impossible at the moment. You just get the entire forum in general. (Woot already started on this I believe, but I'm just putting it here as a reminder)

It looks much better without signatures. Though, unless it's an effort to do, I would suggest that signatures be able to be added.

Like, you could enable being able to see people's signatures. By default it would be OFF, though.

I don't care about signatures myself, but there are quite a few people that do, and that would be a good compromise. People don't have to get forced to see them, but people that want them could actually have them.
I think that you should either
1. Keep the post / like count thing
2. Ditch it but be more proactive about giving personalized ranks so that people can measure their contribution

Eh?
Honestly, I don't care about likes (as much), but knowing how many messages I've posted is nice. Maybe make them not publicly visible?

Honestly, I don't care about likes (as much), but knowing how many messages I've posted is nice. Maybe make them not publicly visible?
I'd say it's the other way 'round; I don't care about messages (I already know it's an unhealthy number) but I want to know likes.

It's like a K/D, you gotta have both or none, but I'd say the whole package.

xXxXxFoRumSc0pe420xXxXx

I'd say it's the other way 'round; I don't care about messages (I already know it's an unhealthy number) but I want to know likes.

It's like a K/D, you gotta have both or none, but I'd say the whole package.

xXxXxFoRumSc0pe420xXxXx
Well, I said it that way because basically Woot already said he's planning on removing them, to prevent like whoring (Not the words he used, but pretty much what he meant).

Well, I said it that way because basically Woot already said he's planning on removing them, to prevent like whoring (Not the words he used, but pretty much what he meant).
Reckon there should be some give / take though.

Where did the navigation bar go? I have to scroll to the top of the page to see any alerts or navigate the website. I liked it when the navigation bar was stuck to the top of the screen.

Where did the navigation bar go? I have to scroll to the top of the page to see any alerts or navigate the website. I liked it when the navigation bar was stuck to the top of the screen.

Is there any chance that this can be made a customizable option? Each person so far has a different opinion about what they prefer, the header locked at the top or moving with the top of the page. Is it possible to put a simple check box in the account page that would turn the moving header on or off?

My current understanding is that you have a lot more freedom with what you can do because of wed.rebuild. How difficult would it be to implement this?

My Navigation Bar is locked to the top of the screen. Maybe it differs depending on the resolution of the screen?
I don't think it's the resolution. It's there for me, but I notice it goes away when you scroll on Firefox since I have noscript on that.

Moondoggy, does the browser you use have noscript on it or something similar?

Back