What are your fears, Team9000?

Cathykiddo

Just a thread inspired by David's for posting any fears you have and how you got them. Please note that trolling or putting anyone in a position where they feel at all uncomfortable will not be accepted here (i.e. posting disturbing pics to purposely scare).

Alrighty, let's start this off. I have severe arachnophobia, hemophobia (except my own blood), and an intense fear of clay animation. Yep.

I think I've had arachnophobia my whole life. I can deal with insects and other bugs, but if there's a spider in my room, fuck that, I'm sleeping on the couch. My hemophobia is more of a discomfort than a full-fledged phobia though it does prevent me from watching super gory movies. And my fear of claymation, as ridiculous as it sounds, started when I was six. It was after I watched a rather frightening children's show made in the 80's. It scarred me for life.

It's not exactly a full-blown fear but it makes me extremely uncomfortable:
I strongly dislike cracks, holes, and some kinds of lesions in the skin (be it in the skin of a human or any other organic animal). I'm not talking pores, acne, bug bites, stuff like that. Stuff like surface injuries (including skin grafts *shudder*), really bad calluses, fungal infections, and parasites cause. It makes my stomach turn.
When I was a little kid, I had karate classes (because like every kid's taken them at some point). While I was waiting for my turn to spar, I was looking at my big toe, and it was really roughed up. It was like the skin on my toe had been slightly grafted on the surface (not enough to cause any bleeding, it was like the callus was shredded), and dirt and stuff had gotten in the cracks. I looked at it for a really long time. It made me sick, and I guess that's where it came from.
That might not seem bad to anyone else, but it makes me so uncomfortable.

Just the other night, there was a small hole in the callus on one of my big toes, and I used a Ped-Egg on it until my toe was smooth and slightly raw.

I have a very bad fear of deep water. Especially if it is murky and cannot see what is below me. I was swimming in a river once and hit deep (and murky) water. I started to have a panic attack. If my mom wasn't there to tellme to STFU and swim to shallow water, i might have drowned :oops: . I also DESPISE earwigs and centipedes/milipedes. Not to mention wasp, hornets, and yellow jackets. I was at my grandma's once when i was younger. We were watching tv and i decided to go out on the deck for some fresh air. Little did i know there was a NFL football
nflFOOTBALL_20110726045036_640_480.JPG
sized hornet nest under my destination. You can probably guess what happened next ;(

i
fucking
hate
bees

and everything that looks like one ಠ_ಠ
one morning i woke up with a queen wasp (aka, a big one) walking over my face, never jumped out of my bed that fast :D

When growing up, i was taught that if a bee approaches you, you stand stil, let it check you out, and it'll fly away (ofcourse i just make a break for it now). When i was on the school playground in 2nd grade, a bee flew near me. I stoppped and stood still. Well, it didnt leave, more came. I actually had to close my eyes because one began crawling over my eye @_o

When growing up, i was taught that if a bee approaches you, you stand stil, let it check you out, and it'll fly away (ofcourse i just make a break for it now). When i was on the school playground in 2nd grade, a bee flew near me. I stoppped and stood still. Well, it didnt leave, more came. I actually had to close my eyes because one began crawling over my eye @_o
they never leave me, unless they start chasing someone else ^3^

I have photophobia. I'm somewhat obsessive about the lighting of my surroundings, because it can make me quite uncomfortable. It's hard to explain, but basically I am uncomfortable with unnatural lights, specifically yellow incandescent light bulbs. Those freak me out.

I always open the window blinds instead of turning on the electrical lights. I tend to avoid unnatural lighting as much as I can :<

I also really, really hate leaving doors open and lights on around my house. It just bugs me.

I dont exactly hate it but looking over a cliff scares the living fuck out of me.
I love high places, I love looking out over high place (like when hiking or something) but looking down over a cliff scares the fuck out of me.

That and my haunted bonus room.

Depths. If I can't see the bottom of a body of water or something similar, I get freaked out. Even in games - flying around the gas giant in Halo 2, swimming in sandbox games (not Minecraft, oddly enough), and building that platform at the bottom of Skylands on the mc survival server (my hands were actually sweating while building it).

Depths. If I can't see the bottom of a body of water or something similar, I get freaked out. Even in games - flying around the gas giant in Halo 2, swimming in sandbox games (not Minecraft, oddly enough), and building that platform at the bottom of Skylands on the mc survival server (my hands were actually sweating while building it).
I get that in games too.. Spiders in minecraft always scare me xD
A bit silly to be in Team9000 then, isn't it?

I'm slightly afraid of almost everything. Heights, bugs, you name it. Even large plants (the type that are like slightly higher than waist-high, not bushes) can creep me out.
But the only thing that like severely scares me is the ocean. No clue why.

Spiders, why do such ugly living things exist?
Bees, yes they annoyed me a lot, as much as spiders
Blood (only in real life, not in movies or video games), I don't know why
Dark places, because of my brother who likes to do evil jokes sometimes
Failures, doing mistakes at work
Computer crashes, mine suddenly died once
People who drive dangerously around me on the roads, I've recently obtained my driving license and I've already avoided accidents because of some idiots
Backstabs in TF2, that's an one-hit kill

I have a fear of heights if im looking straight down.. the only exception are extreme heights like airplanes - i guess the fear just doesn't make a connection on how truly high i am. Highrises, looking out tall building windows wont trigger it either. However, just looking off a ladder 10 feet up? Yep, i freak.

Perhaps this fear started when i was around 7 and fell 35 feet out of a tree and nearly severed my right leg falling through a weak and half sawed-off branch some tree trimmer left on.

I have a completely retarded fear of snakes. I wouldn't go into a snake house at a zoo until i was 15. I hyperventilated as a kid when i'd see one in the wild. I can somewhat deal with them now, but i still cant touch most of them.

This fear started when i was very young, maybe 5. I found a 15 foot long pet snake in a small pond that we had growing up. I saw something with unusual patterns in the water and poked it with a stick only to be greeted by a head the size of a softball. Animal control had fun finding it once i convinced my parents i wasn't certifiably insane.

Another one i have that i cant figure out why i do - i have that fear of murky/deep water. I cant swim in the ocean past 10 feet, and i refuse to swim in deep lakes if i cant see through the water.

Just a thread inspired by David's for posting any fears you have and how you got them. Please note that trolling or putting anyone in a position where they feel at all uncomfortable will not be accepted here (i.e. posting disturbing pics to purposely scare).

Alrighty, let's start this off. I have severe arachnophobia, hemophobia (except my own blood), and an intense fear of clay animation. Yep.

I think I've had arachnophobia my whole life. I can deal with insects and other bugs, but if there's a spider in my room, fuck that, I'm sleeping on the couch. My hemophobia is more of a discomfort than a full-fledged phobia though it does prevent me from watching super gory movies. And my fear of claymation, as ridiculous as it sounds, started when I was six. It was after I watched a rather frightening children's show made in the 80's. It scarred me for life.
Intense fear of clay animation?Why I thought I was the only one who feared it!.....I also have arachnophobia.
EDIT:I got my fear of clay animation after seeing a scary as hell cartoon about satan and a few kids visited him in hell.....I really could not sleep for the rest of the night.Oh and If you anyone wants me too I can post the link to the animation

I fear lots of things, but I force myself through almost all of them (mainly because they give me a nice dose of adrenaline, and I'm a junkie for it). The only thing I truly fear is that bad kind of suspense - where you know or can predict exactly when something bad is going to happen, you just don't know what. It's why I don't watch horror movies.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is a fear, it almost feels like an allergic reaction, but opposite of Cathy, I have no problem with blood unless it is my own. I am not even scared of it, even sitting here trying to think about it; the moment I see it though, I get nauseated and light headed. I break out in sweats and even get the chills if it is bad enough. Mentally, I am not freaking out, but physically, its like my body is allergic to the sight of my blood. I still push past it, and give blood as often as possible (Got that universal O- ). This has caused me to pass out before, but as long as I am careful, it isn't unbearable. I have come close to passing out just from giving blood for a blood test.

On a side note, while I fear heights, the adrenaline rush I get from them is exhilarating, so I have no problem around them. I even skydived, and the only scary part is right before the guy pulls the chute, cause you're just like "well, this is it, either it works or doesn't". Otherwise, I actually found the plane is so far up, its not the same feeling of say standing on a cliff ledge or something.

I think a fear of heights is pretty normal... and natural. You SHOULD be afraid of that really tall cliff. If you move wrong, you will die.

I have a recurring nightmare about ceiling fans. Oddly enough, it's not about them falling off of the ceiling, etc... All I can remember when I wake up is it was attached to the roof moving at a particular speed. I'm fine with them, unless their moving at that EXACT speed (it's somewhere in between medium and low). If I see one moving at that speed I'll start to feel my skin crawl and I'll either have to change the fan speed or leave the room. What makes this even weirder is: until this year I haven't lived in a house which even had a Ceiling fan, at least not that I can remember. My best guess is that something traumatic which happened to me when I was younger, which I am unable to remember, is associated with it in my mind.

Im afraid of being afraid. It can get so bad that I get panic attacks. When I panic I pee myself. When I pee myself, its pretty hilarious so I laugh. And Im not scared anymore.

Back