What are your fears, Team9000?

I'm with you. After my 7th/8th grade math teacher looked me in the eyes, and her cold dead eyes scared the living hell out of me.
Eyes are the doorway to the soul. If staring into a person's eyes instills fear into one, that person has a corrupted soul, filled with evil and hate.
I wonder if that's why girls don't look at me :foreveralone:

So are you afraid of playing Minecraft?

Lol nope. I think it started when i was little. Those "safety videos" i was showed. Thanks, you just had to explain me the dangers, not show a video of a 4 ton chunk of giant metal smashing into a tiny car at 100+ mph.

Honestly? I used to have that fear. And then I realized how much power those people had over me. I started practicing in the mirror until I scared myself. Now I can put on a deadpan face of such utter loathing that only one person has yet to be able to hold my gaze for longer than 15 seconds. Some people try to brush it off with a nervous laugh. Some people try to hold the gaze, but I can watch the fear grow in their eyes as they realize quickly that my mind is more twisted than they could ever imagine, and they always look away. Some people just cringe and kind of fold up into themselves. A few people have gotten shivers just from being near the people I glare at, or seeing it out of the corner of their eye.

It's power. Take it for yourself. Use it. But don't abuse it.

And that one person who can withstand it? She's pretty much unique. We've been dating for over two years now.

Oh yeah. Another fear I forgot to mention, but I am afraid of staring into people's eyes for an extended period of time. I can do it in small amounts but any longer than a minute and my heart begins to race. I can only look into the eyes of people I know well for a long time without feeling afraid. I tend to avoid people's eyes if I can, and looking into someone's eyes for too long makes me want to cry or back away from them. Sounds silly, I know.

When I just first went into elementary school, as a five year old kid, this boy in the fourth grade started bullying me, but it wasn't the kind of bullying where they hit you or attack you. He usually backed me into a corner or some other place I couldn't get away from him, and hunched over me, staring at me in the face with cold, dead eyes. I could never look away, kind of like when you're frozen with fear. He did this the entire year, and even got his friends to help. The worst thing that boy ever did was after school at a sort of daycare, where he and his friends cornered me and backed me on top of a cafeteria table. I don't really want to repeat what happened after that.

I've had this problem my whole life and no amount of therapy has helped. We had to do this one exercise in some thing my mom brought me to where we had to stare into the eyes of another person we did not know well for 30 minutes. I was scared at first but got used to it at about the five minute mark, but for some reason the person I was doing the exercise with started crying. They later told me that they didn't know why.
.... /tapes mirror to face and gives Avi a hug :D

I understand what you mean, though. I can't do it either, even with people I've known all my life. I feel like, after a while, they begin to judge everything about me, I start becoming paranoid and slowly start to close up, and break down. There's only one person who's eyes I can look into, other than my own, and that's limited to maybe 5 minutes at most. :/

The same thing happens when I can feel the person staring at me even if I'm not looking at them. I'm constantly in a state of paranoia as it is, and it gets amplified by, at least, 7 when I can feel people's eyes on me. >_< Do I fear it? No, not really. Nothing comes close to my biggest fear, so most things are "meh" for me. /shrug

Honestly? I used to have that fear. And then I realized how much power those people had over me. I started practicing in the mirror until I scared myself. Now I can put on a deadpan face of such utter loathing that only one person has yet to be able to hold my gaze for longer than 15 seconds. Some people try to brush it off with a nervous laugh. Some people try to hold the gaze, but I can watch the fear grow in their eyes as they realize quickly that my mind is more twisted than they could ever imagine, and they always look away. Some people just cringe and kind of fold up into themselves. A few people have gotten shivers just from being near the people I glare at, or seeing it out of the corner of their eye.

It's power. Take it for yourself. Use it. But don't abuse it.

And that one person who can withstand it? She's pretty much unique. We've been dating for over two years now.
I don't think its an evil face that I've learned to put on. Its more of a "Speak to me and I will rip your tongue out and stuff it down your throat you insignificant vermin" look, kind of a mixture between a "fucking pissed off" face and a "looking down on the world" face.

I used to have tons of fears when I was little. I used to have the animated version of The Hobbit on VHS which was the only thing I could watch besides Titanic. So I always would get freaked out at the part where the spiders captured the dwarfs and so when I was little I would have nightmares of spiders eating my entire family and their faces looking at me before they died. To add on to it I also was afraid of the dark. It wasn't like a fear where I didn't know what was in it. It was more like I could see tons of extremely scary faces with blood dripping and I could hear their screams and they all reached for me.

Scared the FUCK out of me.
I also watched one of the Final Destination movies (I don't know which one) and when everyone on the Roller Coaster died I freaked out. I still can't ride on roller coasters without shaking and freaking out (I went to Knott's Berry Farm this weekend and the entire time I just stood outside the exit waiting for my friends to get off)

I have social anxiety, but, i have no idea how staring into someone's eyes could scare me. When i do stare into someones eyes, i cant keep a straight face :D

I don't think its an evil face that I've learned to put on. Its more of a "Speak to me and I will rip your tongue out and stuff it down your throat you insignificant vermin" look, kind of a mixture between a "fucking pissed off" face and a "looking down on the world" face.
Hmm. Close, but not quite the look I send out. More like "Your brain cannot begin to comprehend the various twisted ways I currently wish to torture your body and mind while you slowly die in the most painful method available to me. One wrong move, and you won't have to try imagining it anymore."

Exact quote from my ex-girlfriend, actually.

Hmm. Close, but not quite the look I send out. More like "Your brain cannot begin to comprehend the various twisted ways I currently wish to torture your body and mind while you slowly die in the most painful method available to me. One wrong move, and you won't have to try imagining it anymore."

Exact quote from my ex-girlfriend, actually.
I use that look when I walk around places with a lot of people handing out brochures and stuff that I don't want. I've literally had someone hand the person in front of me something with a smile on his face, turn to me with that same smile, start to reach out with the brochure in his hand towards me, and freeze. And cringe. And all that time, I didn't even look at him. I stared straight ahead. Shit was hilarious. The smile twisted into fear almost instantly.

These aren't exactly fears, but I'll give it a shot:

I absolutely freak out at the thought of riding roller coasters if I have enough time. I would always be a nervous wreck while the train was stopped in the station, and even worse while being dragged up the hill. I finally realized that I hated roller coasters, and that the only reason that I was riding them was to say that I had ridden them.

The only part about them that I hate is the "dropping" sensation of negative G's. Which is pretty much the whole idea of roller coasters, so... yeah.

Basically, I somewhat have the fear of falling, negative G's, to be more precise.

Another thing I hate is needles. I remember when I was a kid I would hide under the table before they were about to give me a shot. I still hate needles, but I don't act like it.

I have pediophobia: fear of dolls and mannequins (though I'm not afraid of children).

When I watched "I am Legend" I was scared as fuck of those mannequins in the store, more so than the zombie-vampire guys. Everytime I go to a shopping mall I tend to avert my gaze from the mannequins... it's like I'm afraid of them coming to life or something.

I also can't watch MLP without getting freaked out by the pony mannequins because of this picture:

195024+-+askweepy-cry+creepy+grim+mannequin+rarity+tumblr.jpg

When I was about 8 or 9 I was stranded on top of a double decker bed in my friend's house because there was a baby doll on the floor. I ended up staying in their house the whole afternoon.... lol, good times, good times.

I have pediophobia: fear of dolls and mannequins
I dont mind plain, unpainted mannequins, but, ones painted to look real always get me paranoid. (not scared, just paranoid). Everytime i visit my local history museum, i have the urge to beat them to the ground or else they're going to grope me....

I dont mind plain, unpainted mannequins, but, ones painted to look real always get me paranoid. (not scared, just paranoid). Everytime i visit my local history museum, i have the urge to beat them to the ground or else they're going to grope me....
*shudders* Wax statues....I...yeah. I once saw a (very, very creative) wax recreation of Cleopatra and Caesar having sex when I was about 6. I've never been the same since. For a while I couldn't even look at candles without cringing. Also I have a strong fetish for non-oily skin. If it's shiny, I don't want it.

Oh yeah. Another fear I forgot to mention, but I am afraid of staring into people's eyes for an extended period of time. I can do it in small amounts but any longer than a minute and my heart begins to race. I can only look into the eyes of people I know well for a long time without feeling afraid. I tend to avoid people's eyes if I can, and looking into someone's eyes for too long makes me want to cry or back away from them. Sounds silly, I know.

When I just first went into elementary school, as a five year old kid, this boy in the fourth grade started bullying me, but it wasn't the kind of bullying where they hit you or attack you. He usually backed me into a corner or some other place I couldn't get away from him, and hunched over me, staring at me in the face with cold, dead eyes. I could never look away, kind of like when you're frozen with fear. He did this the entire year, and even got his friends to help. The worst thing that boy ever did was after school at a sort of daycare, where he and his friends cornered me and backed me on top of a cafeteria table. I don't really want to repeat what happened after that.

I've had this problem my whole life and no amount of therapy has helped. We had to do this one exercise in some thing my mom brought me to where we had to stare into the eyes of another person we did not know well for 30 minutes. I was scared at first but got used to it at about the five minute mark, but for some reason the person I was doing the exercise with started crying. They later told me that they didn't know why.
Aww. That just makes me want to give you a hug. I feel sorry that you had to go through that sort of bullying.. that's no fun.

Yes, phobias! Have I ever mentioned I'd like to be a psychologist/therapist some day?
Here goes.
I'm very much agoraphobic, which is the fear of being in open or public places, large crowds, or otherwise leaving a safe place. Which means I love small spaces and would sleep in a coffin if I could. Anyway, I've had this fear literally since I was born. I came out with my eyes shut and my fists balled. I never liked the playpen because it was too big.
And on top of that, I'm schitzotypal. (Look it up.)
I'm also afraid of bees. I was stung on the hand when I was little. Never been stung since, because I don't let them get close enough.
I used to be afraid of fire, but I'm getting over that. It was due to reasons I don't want to talk about.
I hate loud noises to the point where I want to kill when someone pops a balloon, but I'm not really afraid...
I can also do the death stare thing (the reactions are HILARIOUS) but I can't look into someone's eyes for more than 15 seconds unless I mentally prepare myself.
The end.

Back