What dead, presumed dead, and / or extinct game series you want back?

littlespedve

List the game series you would like to make a return through a new game in the near future!

Here's a list to get us started:
-Battletoads
-Mirrors Edge
-F-Zero
-Starfox Adventures
-Mega Man
-Super Mario RPG
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Metal Slug
-Panzer Dragoon
-Conker's Bad Fur Day
-Crash Bandicoot
-RTS Warcraft (Fuck WoW)
-Chrono
-Shenmue
-Half-Life
-Limbo
-L.A. Noire
-Earthbound

Time Killers, the only game where a well placed hit could decapitate your enemy on first hit. However, defeating people after both your limbs have been removed was quite a feat and earn you mucho kudos. I'm not sure if the pussy developers of today can handle in game gore. Chop your opponents arm off and he'll beat you with the other one.

Primal Rage: I miss this game, one of my favorite when I had a genesis. Fighting dinosaurs, what could go wrong.

Bloody Roar, do it nao!

Shinobi, the remake wasn't that bad, but could have been better. I loved Shinobi II on my game gear.

I'd like to see a modern adaptation of Gunstar Heroes. One of my favorite games of all time.

Lastly, remake Final Fantasy 8. Which in my opinion was the greatest FF ever. Other's will argue, but this isn't the place.

EDIT: Also what OP said. A new Chrono would be nice. I liked Chrono Cross more than I liked Trigger, tbh.

Battlefront obviously, as well as another TimeSplitters. I would also love another KOTOR game, and not a meh MMO.

as well as another TimeSplitters.
OMG I forgot about TimeSplitters!!!
TimeSplitters 2 was literally my most played game for the longest time. Future Perfect was a little disappointing though

Hiding behind all of Nintendo's useless New Super Mario Bros. games. I would love a new F-Zero game, the Gamecube game (F-Zero GX I think) was amazing.
Let me guess it's also hiding with Pokemon Snap 2?
(btw yes it was GX)

Legend of Legaia: Pretty awesome RPG for its time.
Legend of Legaia 2: Never got to play it, but watched my brother play it a lot.
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: Again, never got to play it, but watched my brother play (Even helped him defeat the final bossin a small, but ultimately helpful way.)
Star Ocean the Second Story: Never got to beat it
FF7 & 8: Love both games.
Spyro the Dragon 1: Great game when I was little. Got 99% complete... one tricky area in the Dream Worlds I could never get to and tried a million times before giving up.

I grew up with these games, they are a part of me and my memory. It would be pretty awesome to have these games remade, yet exactly the way they were gameplay-wise. Even if it doesn't happen; imagine what it would be like.

The dead series that I'd want would be Starfox and F-Zero, as many have said.

But more importantly, I miss certain key elements for series that still exist, namely The Elder Scrolls and Sonic games.

Where's my spellmaking? Where's my original and NOT-HYPER-GENERIC storyline? Where's the "decent-knowledge-of-lore-to-fully-enjoy-this-game" idea? Hopefully, I may see lore return as a priority in TES Online.

As for the Sonic games, I hear Generations was good, otherwise I would have outright said "bring back the good Sonic games." Sure, I'm fine with them trying new schemes and ideas in the new games, but things are just wrong. Sonic's a lot more of an invincible smartass, Robotnik's degraded to a laughing stock more than anything, and none of the characters other than Sonic are really that important.

...but most importantly, Chao. Bring. Back. The damned. Chao.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quite reluctant to sometimes to see a game series get revived. There's always the chance it ends up being butchered, especially if it's picked up by a different developer. But if done right, I'd like to see these series get revived:

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Battlezone
No One Lives Forever
Hidden & Dangerous
Recoil
Nanosaur (for nostalgic reasons)

and

a Korean Hack-n-Slash that I used to play in 2005-2006 called Rakion.

I enjoyed Rakion heavily because it was not a point-n-click kind of thing (used a mouse and WASD keys), so you felt you were actually performing the attacks rather than ordering your character to do them. It also had a huge plus of actually incorporating a move list (double tap forward + left mouse = slide tackle, left mouse + right mouse = grab move when close, etc.). The game that comes closest to this would be MGS Online, but without the inclusion of rapid-fire ranged weapons and one-move CQC kills.

It became impossible to play when (like a lot of East Asian games) it turned from a "free-to-play" to a "pay-to-win" model. That, and it had shitty anti-hack/cheat protection so there was always that one guy in perpetual "RAGE" mode with super sprint on. I moved onto another game called "Gunz", but it too met a similar fate.

TL;DR - Great game design, shitty profit model and anti-cheat protections.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quite reluctant to sometimes to see a game series get revived. There's always the chance it ends up being butchered, especially if it's picked up by a different developer. But if done right, I'd like to see these series get revived:

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Battlezone
No One Lives Forever
Hidden & Dangerous
Recoil
Nanosaur (for nostalgic reasons)

and

a Korean Hack-n-Slash that I used to play in 2005-2006 called Rakion.

I enjoyed Rakion heavily because it was not a point-n-click kind of thing (used a mouse and WASD keys), so you felt you were actually performing the attacks rather than ordering your character to do them. It also had a huge plus of actually incorporating a move list (double tap forward + left mouse = slide tackle, left mouse + right mouse = grab move when close, etc.). The game that comes closest to this would be MGS Online, but without the inclusion of rapid-fire ranged weapons and one-move CQC kills.

It became impossible to play when (like a lot of East Asian games) it turned from a "free-to-play" to a "pay-to-win" model. That, and it had shitty anti-hack/cheat protection so there was always that one guy in perpetual "RAGE" mode with super sprint on. I moved onto another game called "Gunz", but it too met a similar fate.

TL;DR - Great game, shitty profit model.
I just started playing Alpha Centauri again :)
extremely random question, I'm playing as Mirriam of the Believers for the lulz, but it seems I can't build Mag tubes even after I got the Monopole magnets whatever, the prerequisite. Wai can't I build mag tubes? :c

Also wtf with all these drone riots, what do I do to prevent / fix them?

I just started playing Alpha Centauri again :)
extremely random question, I'm playing as Mirriam of the Believers for the lulz, but it seems I can't build Mag tubes even after I got the Monopole magnets whatever, the prerequisite. Wai can't I build mag tubes? :c

Also wtf with all these drone riots, what do I do to prevent / fix them?

Ah, I never got the hang of it either. I'm pretty sure SMAC/Civ forums would be better help.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286738

I think there's also a bug with my copy because I'd always get into conflicts with a faction and whenever their leader contacts me to call a truce and I accept, it keeps selecting the war option. I wind up fighting them to the death.

Back