What is the purpose in life?

I'm not homosexual in any way, but I think religious people who call homesexuals sinners need to get over themselves. Gay people are treated like trash every day by almost everybody, and it doesn't help them anymore by telling them that they're going to hell for not listening to what a book has to say. This thread was never made to debate religion. If your answer to what the purpose of life is has to do with religion, then that's fine. But there is no need to sit around and debate about something irrelevant.
I agree with the last 2 sentences of this. But you see, questions such as "what is the purpose in life," inevitably lead to such discussions. It is the most fought over topic and everyone has to have their say on the subject. So basically the talk starts itself due to human nature :/

Just look at the thread "your political leanings." The thread had little to none to do with religion and sexuality and look what it became.

Homosexual = sin
going out calling for equality while in a parade almost naked and making out with their partners is degeneracy.

IF- in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that
-ahem-
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0704/mormonunderwear.html

Unfortunately no making out, but whatever.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC, PLEASE. Make a different thread about your homophobia, quote me and I'll debate you there, but keep it out of here.

Get over myself? It's right here.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God." -1 Corinthians 6:9–10

You may or may not believe it but I do.

EDIT: I am done talking about this
Still don't see a single thing in the statement that explains WHY a homosexual is denied entrance to heaven. But I agree and respect your decision to end the discussion.

Get over myself? It's right here.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God." -1 Corinthians 6:9–10

You may or may not believe it but I do.

EDIT: I am done talking about this

Forcing scripture down ones throat creates a will to disobey it. It is fine to stand by your beliefs, but don't think your integrity lends itself to the judgement of others. Don't get me wrong, I do believe what you say, but perhaps a better wording and chivalrous talk will lead to more productive discussions?

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." - Leviticus 20:13, that is the reason.
You do realize that answers nothing?

More like giving evidence. Even then, you would still have to believe it to consider it evidence.
You gave the reason YOU believed in it. Not why someone else should. And you also contradicted yourself. Unless you were simply implying your reason.

Now I'm done. Goodnight.

Do you have a verse explaining why it is an abomination?
This is the bible, by the way. They don't say why, they just say.

Any of you who eat crabs or oysters or lobsters, you're committing a sin. Faith is not freedom, it is restriction.

I'm Bisexual and I find this de-railment hilarious.
Indubitably.

gentleman.png

There is no universally agreed plural of "platypus" in the English language. Scientists generally use "platypuses" or simply "platypus". Colloquially, the term "platypi" is also used for the plural, although this is technically incorrect and a form of pseudo-Latin; the correct Greek plural would be "platypodes". Early British settlers called it by many names, such as watermole, duckbill, and duckmole. The name "platypus" is often prefixed with the adjective "duck-billed" to form duck-billed platypus, despite there being only one species of platypus.
Source

This derailment is getting wierd. One minute we're all serious (minus me and rsmv) and the next we're talking about platypuses.

I consider that restriction. Where does the right to NOT have it on the dollar and TO HAVE it on the dollar begin and end? You can't measure one persons right to something over another when it is all applied equally. If one person says "Take god off the dollar bill." And another says "Leave it on the dollar bill." Who is right?

Another question I have is how does taking "god" off of the dollar bill promote religious equality? The very definition of religion is believing in (a) god. So wouldn't you think it appropriate to leave such a thing on the dollar bill?
I think 3vans meant that metaphorically, as in "The money is (somehow) tainted due to its establishment being closely tied to religion."
As in, money is something that is used by everyone, so it shouldn't have an icon on it that is somehow definitive as a certain religion's properties. And I get what he means.

But I digress...

Platypi are the most BAMF creatures.

They're furry, but they lay eggs.
They have a tail, but they have a bill.
They have legs, but they swim.
They're farkin' cute, but CAN KILL YOU.
ILY platypi.

Fuck me. I disowned my Pikachu and got a license to own exotic animals... and a platapuse.

It don battle or nuthin' But it helps me get mad bitches. MAD BITCHES.

Back