Who is you're Favorite History Figure?

My favourite history figure?
Hmmm....
Hard to say.
George Washington, lead the revolution that made a whole new nation. Such talent.
Most of my favourite history people are still alive.
So my favourite people that are alive(and or recently deceased from the past 20 or so years) will be remembered?
Dustin Pedroia. 2nd baseman for the Boston Red Sox, saw his first hit on my birthday, loved him since.
Carl Sagan
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Lee Smolin
Time for dead people that I really think are swell
Copernicus
Lavioster (was killed just because he was a scientist during the French Revolution)
The people who built Stonehenge. Able to place large rocks from different areas entirely and still awestruck many modern day scientists. gg druids.
Thats kind of it.

I said it before, but i'll elaborate further: Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

The dude got elected for four terms in office; he became the first and last President to do so.

before we were involved in WWII, he wanted the U.S. to stay out of the war, aka practice neutrality, because he knew we needed to fix ourselves from the great depression.

Just his attitude helped americans; when he had his personal victory over polio, his energized optimism and activism spread a new sense of national spirit to millions.

His plan, called the "New deal" revamped the economy, but for only four years. (1933-37, if i'm not mistaken.) after that period, the economy sunk back into the depression. But for those four years, he helped virtually every american; Government jobs were given to unemployed, recovery fro economic growth,and the reforms of the public transportation system and Wall street.

He basically said "awh fuck we got the depression? ey yo unemployed, get yo asses to the government now. Hey wall street, fuck how you are, you're gonna change."

Plus, elected 4 terms. he was obviously doing something right. :cool:

Cleopatra.
Just...... Because.

2193126,FEwsu6L6z+_85RPTmzI+qv43q1IfTHK6SsPzOVzd4gh1Em+3vDb9zfon3uv_jNxJfz3ogxTr3jHE26akqhRXcA==.jpg

I said it before, but i'll elaborate further: Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

The dude got elected for four terms in office; he became the first and last President to do so.

before we were involved in WWII, he wanted the U.S. to stay out of the war, aka practice neutrality, because he knew we needed to fix ourselves from the great depression.

Just his attitude helped americans; when he had his personal victory over polio, his energized optimism and activism spread a new sense of national spirit to millions.

His plan, called the "New deal" revamped the economy, but for only four years. (1933-37, if i'm not mistaken.) after that period, the economy sunk back into the depression. But for those four years, he helped virtually every american; Government jobs were given to unemployed, recovery fro economic growth,and the reforms of the public transportation system and Wall street.

He basically said "awh fuck we got the depression? ey yo unemployed, get yo asses to the government now. Hey wall street, fuck how you are, you're gonna change."

Plus, elected 4 terms. he was obviously doing something right. :cool:

Don't forget that Hugh Hammond Bennett helped the farmers in the Great Depression while dust bowls be blowin by establishing the Soil Conservation Service and helping them to understand farming and how to replenish and take care soil the right way.

My favourite history figure?
Hmmm....
Hard to say.
George Washington, lead the revolution that made a whole new nation. Such talent.
Most of my favourite history people are still alive.
So my favourite people that are alive(and or recently deceased from the past 20 or so years) will be remembered?
Dustin Pedroia. 2nd baseman for the Boston Red Sox, saw his first hit on my birthday, loved him since.
Carl Sagan
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Lee Smolin
Time for dead people that I really think are swell
Copernicus
Lavioster (was killed just because he was a scientist during the French Revolution)
The people who built Stonehenge. Able to place large rocks from different areas entirely and still awestruck many modern day scientists. gg druids.
Thats kind of it.

George Washington though like Every Revulotionist in the US at that time used British weapons, Ideas and Creations to start and win the revulotion.
But again whouldent every humen use a weapon of there enemy to win a war?

Clara Barton
Rosalind Franklin ((FUCK YOU Watson & Crick!!))
Nikola Tesla
Yekaterina Alexeevna or Catherine II ((Catherine the Great))
Adolf Hitler
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Vlad Tepes ((Vlad the Impaler))

I see this one causing some flames, but I do agree with it.
People can get butthurt if they want, but I stand by the notion that he was misunderstood. Now, I in no way condone his actions towards the Jewish community, but I do think that he was honestly trying to do what he thought was best for his country. He was an incredibly charismatic and intelligent man. Also, he brought the rest of the world together, whether he meant to or not. Flame me if you want, but I believe this man would be a great asset to Germany if he were alive today, as I do not believe his actions would be repeated, though his intentions would be the same: Do what's best for Germany.

People can get butthurt if they want, but I stand by the notion that he was misunderstood. Now, I in no way condone his actions towards the Jewish community, but I do think that he was honestly trying to do what he thought was best for his country. He was an incredibly charismatic man, he was intelligent and, in a way, caring. Also, he brought the rest of the world together, whether he meant to or not. Flame me if you want, but I believe this man would be a great asset to Germany if he were alive today, as I do not believe his actions would be repeated, though his intentions would be the same: Do what's best for Germany.
*gets butthurt*

Teddy Roosevelt he goes on adventures and shit. He is the inspiration for Batman. I'm not even kidding

Franklin Roosevelt he finds all the corrupt officials and fucks them over. Good man. Also successfully figured out how to put an end to the Great Depression.

Frank Lloyd Wright ingenious architect of modern design that is NOT minimalist. I still think he's a bit overrated.

Sun Tzu. And then he herded them onto a boat and then he BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE. Sun Tzu is very practical. He knows exactly that war is an ugly thing and would rather see it end even before it can start. The knowledge he shares is essentially Pandora's Box. Absolutely atrocious if learnt by the wrong people.

Martin Luther King Jr. I honestly believe he was a very influential figure in racial equality, even though the world is still pretty dammed racist.

People can get butthurt if they want, but I stand by the notion that he was misunderstood. Now, I in no way condone his actions towards the Jewish community, but I do think that he was honestly trying to do what he thought was best for his country. He was an incredibly charismatic and intelligent man. Also, he brought the rest of the world together, whether he meant to or not. Flame me if you want, but I believe this man would be a great asset to Germany if he were alive today, as I do not believe his actions would be repeated, though his intentions would be the same: Do what's best for Germany.

And he was a psychotic maniac with split personalities who ended up committing suicide.

So am I, and I've come close... what's your point?

so you are what? split personality? or maniac?

Either way you should respect others opinion but i couldent care less about whats "wrong" with the actions people do example Hitler killing judes. Its easy to find wrongs in others.

So am I, and I've come close... what's your point?

No point, just saying. :p

List of History Figures that I respect.

C.S. Lewis - Literary Genius, knew how to argue logic, regardless of whether or not you agree with the logic. Also wrote cool stories.

J.R.R. Tolkien - Perhaps the greatest fantasy literary genius in history, imo. He developed whole languages and maps and stuff just to go along with his stories, and he wrote background stories just to go along with his regular stories.

Sir Winston Churchill - He led Great Britain through WWII while London was getting bombed and never surrendered. My favorite quote from him- "When you're going through hell, keep going." He was definately a war-time leader, unfortunately he most definitely was not a peace-time leader (horrible, in fact).

Steve Jobs - He certainly knew how to build decent products but also knew how to market them extremely well.

Mother Teresa - Because she cared for the poor and was extremely humble. Gotta respect that. My favorite quote from her- "If we really want to love, we must first learn how to forgive."

Vince Lombardi - Where do I even begin with this guy? He knew what it took to be excellent and what it meant to be mentally tough. Quote- "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind that you have to convince."

Nikola Tesla - Yes I'm throwing my vote in with this geek freak.

so you are what? split personality? or maniac?

Either way you should respect others opinion but i couldent care less about whats "wrong" with the actions people do example Hitler killing judes. Its easy to find wrongs in others.
I'm a psychotic maniac with split personalities and I've come close to committing suicide. I don't see what I've done that wasn't "respecting his opinion" I asked what his point was because he likes me... I think people should respect MY opinion. I like Hitler. I don't like that he killed Jews, I don't like that there are still hard-edged Nazis out there, but I don't see why everyone needs to get so butthurt about me liking someone from history. It's my opinion, and it's not like I'm a Nazi, nor do I condone or follow any of his practices. So why do you guys care?

I'm a psychotic maniac with split personalities and I've come close to committing suicide. I don't see what I've done that wasn't "respecting his opinion" I asked what his point was because he likes me... I think people should respect MY opinion. I like Hitler. I don't like that he killed Jews, I don't like that there are still hard-edged Nazis out there, but I don't see why everyone needs to get so butthurt about me liking someone from history. It's my opinion, and it's not like I'm a Nazi, nor do I condone or follow any of his practices. So why do you guys care?

IMO, Hitler was a genius. He definitely knew how to lead, and he knew how to empathize with the German people's feelings. I have studied leadership for a long time, and he was a "great" leader.

So that part I do respect, and in that sense I am in agreement with you.

Unfortunately he was the kind of leadership that history abhors because he was basically the guy that caused WWII and ordered the extermination of a whole race of people, and that's why people will get butthurt when you mention you respect Hitler, regardless of how you try to frame the issue. So yeah.

Back