Who is you're Favorite History Figure?

*gets butthurt*
Now, tell the truth. You're only saying this so Pixie will rub it and make it better. :p

For me, Tesla has always been fascinating to learn about, in terms of 'positively seen' people.
As far as 'other' individuals, Vlad Tepes III and Edward Teach. Vlad the Impaler/Dracula and Blackbeard respectively.

Others include Muramasa and Masamune. Two Japanese swordsmithes of legendary caliber. So legendary, their swords were given myths surrounding them. Muramasa's blades were described as bloodthirsty, refusing to be sheathed until they draw blood. Tales were woven of swordsmen being cut, and sometimes killed by their own swords. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Masamune's swords were described as calm, never cutting anything that didn't need to be. Tales of the swords healing the innocent were also told. Personally, I find it all interesting.

Georgia O'Keefe.

(But Kitty, she's not a history figure-) No, shuttup. She is. She may be a deceased artist, but she did renovate the art-world.

andherflowerslooklikeladyparts.
flower-of-life-ii.jpg

ಥ◡ಥ

Hmmmm... I'm not that much into history, heck, I'm stupid when it comes to history.

However, I would say it would be more like the unsung heroes who do R&D for companies like AMD, Intel, Microsoft, Etc who develop technologies which push innovation into the realm of dreams. Though not as historical as say Abraham Lincoln or George Washington.

No one ever celebrates those guys, usually the company figureheads get the praise and glory.

Speaking of George Washington. I should know more about our first president (I pretty much slept through history class, even though I was in an honors Social Studies class) but how badass did the man have to be... to be the first fucking president?

Hmmmm... I'm not that much into history, heck, I'm stupid when it comes to history.

However, I would say it would be more like the unsung heroes who do R&D for companies like AMD, Intel, Microsoft, Etc who develop technologies which push innovation into the realm of dreams. Though not as historical as say Abraham Lincoln or George Washington.

No one ever celebrates those guys, usually the company figureheads get the praise and glory.

Speaking of George Washington. I should know more about our first president (I pretty much slept through history class, even though I was in an honors Social Studies class) but how badass did the man have to be... to be the first fucking president?
He saw himself more as a military general than a political figure, no?

I'm not sure if I would consider him my absolute favorite figure from history, but everything I've read from Oscar Wilde, as well as every quote I've seen from Oscar Wilde has been incredibly entertaining and pointed. I wholeheartedly agree with very little he ever said, but honestly I think that's what makes him that much more interesting.

Back