Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

No more angry pigmen near spawn, as far as I'm aware, but I came across some angry ones near Southbridge. One was wearing iron armor, I wonder who it belonged to :)

4825 stacks of coal blocks... wat

This gets me, too. For pixel art purposes, wouldn't black wool or black stained clay be an acceptable and more realistic alternative? I realize that you're trying to make the build as high-quality as possible, Gurw, but for a project this big I think you'll have to make compromises. Remember that MC Classic sprites didn't have the huge selection of blocks as SMP does now, and those turned out alright.

This gets me, too. For pixel art purposes, wouldn't black wool or black stained clay be an acceptable and more realistic alternative? I realize that you're trying to make the build as high-quality as possible, Gurw, but for a project this big I think you'll have to make compromises. Remember that MC Classic sprites didn't have the huge selection of blocks as SMP does now, and those turned out alright.
But he already uses black wool and black clay for different shades of black (wut)

I'm of the opinion that this world could very well end up as our next city.

Can't wait to see what kind of a mess people make of terraforming in that world, then! I'd be happy to build houses on stilts, windy roads, etc., but I can kind of picture other people putting a thin layer of dirt over the valleys and making completely flat floating roads :( I suppose that is the price of freedom.

Can't wait to see what kind of a mess people make of terraforming in that world, then! I'd be happy to build houses on stilts, windy roads, etc., but I can kind of picture other people putting a thin layer of dirt over the valleys and making completely flat floating roads :( I suppose that is the price of freedom.
Terrafauxming.

Also, citizens of Newbank, I will be building my new permanent residence. So if you look to the right as you enter, you'll see the outline of such a building project. And less costly than Gurw :D
I hope youre not building where im putting the town hall. I cleared that on purpose to start, but i got violently ill and now im away on holidays.

I hope youre not building where im putting the town hall. I cleared that on purpose to start, but i got violently ill and now im away on holidays.

No, you can look at the map on the web, he built across the river, it's all good!

Not going to happen.

Ok, sure. Coal is an abundant resource, and granted you are particularly fast at finding and mining coal ore, you could probably accumulate 10 stacks of coal in an hour, which is 80 coal blocks or 1.25 coal block stacks per hour. To get through all 4825 stacks, you would need to invest around 3800 man-hours, or over 5 months of non-stop coal mining. If you factor in a life outside of minecraft, a single person should be finished collecting all that coal in, say, around 2 and a half years.

or

you can make a black sheep farm, collect a full stack of wool every minute, and be done collecting your quota in maybe half a month.

or

I forgot you are an admin, and can abuse your powers to give yourself all the coal blocks you need. But then where's the satisfaction of having a legitimate build?

Ok, sure. Coal is an abundant resource, and granted you are particularly fast at finding and mining coal ore, you could probably accumulate 10 stacks of coal in an hour, which is 80 coal blocks or 1.25 coal block stacks per hour. To get through all 4825 stacks, you would need to invest around 3800 man-hours, or over 5 months of non-stop coal mining. If you factor in a life outside of minecraft, a single person should be finished collecting all that coal in, say, around 2 and a half years.

or

you can make a black sheep farm, collect a full stack of wool every minute, and be done collecting your quota in maybe half a month.

or

I forgot you are an admin, and can abuse your powers to give yourself all the coal blocks you need. But then where's the satisfaction of having a legitimate build?
I'd be plenty satisfied to finish such a giant project, even if I was using creative mode. I feel bad for anyone who wanders below the sprite, though. Lots of mobs, I would think.

or

or

Honestly I'm not terribly concerned. This build is just a good reason for me to get on the server. And I get about three stacks of coal blocks from an hour of mining ;)

I actually would like someone to do something to a map/build on a map I've made. I don't make the maps to maintain their integrity and image, I mostly make them in hopes people take advantage of the interesting terrain and make something awesome on it rather then settling for minecrafts bland as hell terrain generation.

Back