Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

It looks cool. I've always wanted to play a creative-cooperative map where everyone was working on 1 project only, to make something truly awesome. From my understanding, we won't be able to update to 1.8 if we want to have separate worlds (bukkit or something).

Vanilla Minecraft won't let you teleport to non-vanilla worlds. Bukkit hasn't been updated to 1.8 (and might never be), and Sponge is being written from scratch. Unless you're ok with us putting the city worlds in the Hinterlands and removing all protections, this server won't be updating to 1.8 for a while.

Vanilla Minecraft won't let you teleport to non-vanilla worlds. Bukkit hasn't been updated to 1.8 (and might never be), and Sponge is being written from scratch. Unless you're ok with us putting the city worlds in the Hinterlands and removing all protections, this server won't be updating to 1.8 for a while.

Is a new vote in order?

Is a new vote in order?
Unless people show interest in backing up the server as it is, then moving to a purely Vanilla test server for the foreseeable future, no. I think using crabbie's server as a 1.8 server for now is a good enough temporary solution.

B. My map would be presented somewhere on the overworld (it's a island so plop in the middle of an ocean).

I can never tell the difference between terrain people have lovingly created and what Minecraft spits out automatically, so it doesn't excite me much. If the admins put this in the middle of an ocean when the world boundaries are extended I'd have no complaints and might not even notice it was special when I found it.

I remember one of the complaints people had about the 1.0-1.2.5 server was that the area around spawn was really ugly. I don't recall if the plans for this server were meant to address that somehow, but I can tell you one thing that I think means this server will be even worse around spawn: creeper damage. There are roads leading out from spawn that have been wrecked by creepers and I don't know how much time you'd need to spend cutting down trees to fix them up. Whenever I try to fix terrain I end up lowering the ground level by a block because otherwise I'd have to go and collect some dirt from somewhere else and I just couldn't be bothered. Obviously the end game here is for the whole world to be at bedrock level :)

Aight so I've been bugging gurw about this since the server went up and he was 1/4th onboard, or something. He told me that all 4 admins that have say on the server would decide this so I'll simply present it and see what you all have to say.

I've been requesting for a bit to add a world I personally have made from using my terraforming skills and have the map added to the server through means of:
A. Through a portal on the overworld and in the portal would be my map.

B. My map would be presented somewhere on the overworld (it's a island so plop in the middle of an ocean).

And through one of those two the map would be used for:
1. Simple creative building just like the current towns are set up.

2. A combat arena for people to pvp and build and kill in a exciting enviorment

3. A combination of the two.

With my proposition presented I would like to show the map in question. I first made the map in world painter and basically made a tempelate for me to fuck with. With the template in place I went into it with voxel sniper and world edit and added interesting and fantasy like additions. This is still a WIP but I wanted to post what I got so far and point out what I'm going to add further after whats shown.

Here is a overview of the entire map.
b4bf4631bf.jpg

Info on it:
It does have ores and a ass load of trees.
It is really really big, like 3000 x 3000 probably.
It is subject to change in terms of size most likely. also going to add trees on most of what I have edited with voxel.
There are 0 man-made related items in the map, all natural items (no brick/cobble/planks stuff like that)

What I plan to do is add (insert random idea here) on the giant forest area in the top left area above the lake. I still plan to add isolated outcroppings of rock along the edges of the beaches. And once that's done, and if this does happen/gets a good impression from here I would love some suggestions on what to add to it cause really
tumblr_mded1mklTP1qfvgpgo1_500.jpg

And with that here is a imgur album full of images I took from the map with SEUS after I gave up with chunky. Also some pictures utilizing the 32 render chunk of 1.8 (hallelujah).
http://imgur.com/a/DCOWN

Few of my favorites
CPj4f3I.png

AC7TEud.png

loODnoG.png

tZgLWEe.png

0G5Bjp0.png

So, some feedback from the people who play the server would be nice but I'd like some input from the server admins directly on what they think of this.
I'm of the opinion that this world could very well end up as our next city.

Prism // Showing 249 results. Page 1 of 50
+ WildFahter inserted 4 goldnugget 10h29m ago (a:insert)
- WildFahter removed 9 gunpowder 10h29m ago (a:remove)
- Haogreen accessed chest x3 10h29m ago (a:access)
- WildFahter accessed chest x2 10h29m ago (a:access)

So WildFahter took some gunpowder from my chest without asking and put some nuggets in, I guess you might call that a forced trade? Gurw said he's going to warn him about it.

Of course, where did he get the nuggets? I know now because I went through the nether portal and immediately got killed by zombie pigmen. Thanks again, WildFahter.

So be warned, there are angry pigmen in the nether just north of spawn.

Angering zombie pigmen so that they kill other people seems like "causing unhappiness" to me, it's just that it's not clear when it's deliberate.

Prism // Showing 249 results. Page 1 of 50
+ WildFahter inserted 4 goldnugget 10h29m ago (a:insert)
- WildFahter removed 9 gunpowder 10h29m ago (a:remove)
- Haogreen accessed chest x3 10h29m ago (a:access)
- WildFahter accessed chest x2 10h29m ago (a:access)

So WildFahter took some gunpowder from my chest without asking and put some nuggets in, I guess you might call that a forced trade? Gurw said he's going to warn him about it.

Of course, where did he get the nuggets? I know now because I went through the nether portal and immediately got killed by zombie pigmen. Thanks again, WildFahter.

So be warned, there are angry pigmen in the nether just north of spawn.

Angering zombie pigmen so that they kill other people seems like "causing unhappiness" to me, it's just that it's not clear when it's deliberate.
Angering Zombie Pigmen will not be punished. For multiple reasons, one of which is that deliberate action is difficult, if not impossible to prove. Another major one is the inherent danger of the nether warrants precautions against the Pigmen in the first place.

Also, citizens of Newbank, I will be building my new permanent residence. So if you look to the right as you enter, you'll see the outline of such a building project. And less costly than Gurw :D

Back