Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

While I move over the server files, it's time for an announcement: we're going to try out a linked server with the Creeper's Lab gaming community by way of Bungeecord. Several Team9000 members have played there (and still do), and I have privately suggested it as a destination to several other members. My reasoning behind this is that a linked server will make the server livelier, as there will be friendly people in another server to talk to when our server is mostly empty. If this doesn't work out, we can always stop.

Unfortunately, due to the way Bungeecord works, you can't just connect via mc.team9000.net. You'll have to go there via play.creeperslab.net, then walk to a portal for our server. We will still be using mc.team9000.net for our dynamic map and the server list on the Team9000 front page.

Furthermore, due to the family friendly nature of Creeper's Lab, and the fact that all of our chats are linked, please try to keep the public chat clean. While they aren't admins or moderators of our server, Creeper's Lab staff do have permissions to come over and mute anyone who breaks this rule.

Finally, inventories will not be shared. Each server maintains its own inventory, and you won't lose your inventory if you go and visit one of the two servers.

While I move over the server files, it's time for an announcement: we're going to try out a linked server with the Creeper's Lab gaming community by way of Bungeecord. Several Team9000 members have played there (and still do), and I have privately suggested it as a destination to several other members. My reasoning behind this is that a linked server will make the server livelier, as there will be friendly people in another server to talk to when our server is mostly empty. If this doesn't work out, we can always stop.

Unfortunately, due to the way Bungeecord works, you can't just connect via mc.team9000.net. You'll have to go there via play.creeperslab.net, then walk to a portal for our server. We will still be using mc.team9000.net for our dynamic map and the server list on the Team9000 front page.

Furthermore, due to the family friendly nature of Creeper's Lab, and the fact that all of our chats are linked, please try to keep the public chat clean. While they aren't admins or moderators of our server, Creeper's Lab staff do have permissions to come over and mute anyone who breaks this rule.

Finally, inventories will not be shared. Each server maintains its own inventory, and you won't lose your inventory if you go and visit one of the two servers.

Liked.

They're a part of the museum world. I might post them for upload later on, but once the server starts up you should be able to just use world downloader on them.

It would take a pretty long time to use WorldDownloader on the Hinterlands.

I have a few questions about the wipe and the intergration with Creeper lab.

Firstly, what does this mean with the voting system? Is it still active or will it it be abolished? I also wanted to know if our current stats are still in place.

Second question is just a small thing concerning Lioncloud. During the wipe was this world reset as well? I went there expecting everything to be back to its starting point but my small road remained (although my chests are now gone). The real reason I'm asking is beacause I made a trip out to the mesa biome and did some work out there. Just wondering whether that had been reverted too?

If it has, no big deal. I realise we're going for a fresh start and all that jazz.

I have a few questions about the wipe and the intergration with Creeper lab.

Firstly, what does this mean with the voting system? Is it still active or will it it be abolished? I also wanted to know if our current stats are still in place.

Second question is just a small thing concerning Lioncloud. During the wipe was this world reset as well? I went there expecting everything to be back to its starting point but my small road remained (although my chests are now gone). The real reason I'm asking is beacause I made a trip out to the mesa biome and did some work out there. Just wondering whether that had been reverted too?

If it has, no big deal. I realise we're going for a fresh start and all that jazz.
I have voting turned off for the moment. I might turn it back on if the demand is great enough - they won't get the voting notifications at Creeper's Lab. As far as Lioncloud, I just deleted the chests so that we could both get a fresh start and not have existing buildings destroyed.

I am planning to build a monument of the oxycock on this apparent new server, any ideas on where might be a good place for it?(i.e. a mountain, a hill, a field)

EDIT: sorry, I didn't want to double post, what's a bungee cord? 'cos it seems to be stopping me from connecting to the server

I've set up a quick poll for how people feel about the linked servers, specifically if we should stop. I've said "no" on it, simply because I think it's too early to tell if this would be a bad arrangement. I'd like to at least try this out, but if the majority want this to stop, I'll respect that.

FYI, here's the portal to Team9000. Go to x:290, z:42 and press the button.

2015-03-26_21.36.28.png

I've gotta say, it's pretty cool, but I'm not a huge fan of the enforcement of 'Family Friendly' chat.
I also have no idea how to get back to that other weird server by Creeper's Lab and everything is 110% confusion. The chat is also very confusing to me now since I have no idea if it's global or world-based.
A 101 on how-to-even would be pretty darn useful at this point.

Some time ago, I fixed up some of the T9K 1.0 world around spawn:

- Rebuilt spawn tower and Global Portal System (is that what it was called?) spawn portal. I'm not sure if the shops were exactly to the final configuration, but I think they might have been. I didn't finish fixing the new player quiz underneath it. Didn't fix the land around the tower but did remove all the lava.

- Rebuilt the sphinx ("Cairo") and Arcata Station (the station for going to Arcata which was near the sphinx) and the other Arcata plots near the sphinx, as much as I could from the screenshots I had. Didn't fix the main Arcata city area.

- Did a very minimal amount of fixing of my own town, most of the grief (deletion) isn't reverted.

I can provide two .mca files with the changes if you want to include them in the museum world.

Some time ago, I fixed up some of the T9K 1.0 world around spawn:

- Rebuilt spawn tower and Global Portal System (is that what it was called?) spawn portal. I'm not sure if the shops were exactly to the final configuration, but I think they might have been. I didn't finish fixing the new player quiz underneath it. Didn't fix the land around the tower but did remove all the lava.

- Rebuilt the sphinx ("Cairo") and Arcata Station (the station for going to Arcata which was near the sphinx) and the other Arcata plots near the sphinx, as much as I could from the screenshots I had. Didn't fix the main Arcata city area.

- Did a very minimal amount of fixing of my own town, most of the grief (deletion) isn't reverted.

I can provide two .mca files with the changes if you want to include them in the museum world.
I would definitely appreciate that!
I've gotta say, it's pretty cool, but I'm not a huge fan of the enforcement of 'Family Friendly' chat.
I also have no idea how to get back to that other weird server by Creeper's Lab and everything is 110% confusion. The chat is also very confusing to me now since I have no idea if it's global or world-based.
A 101 on how-to-even would be pretty darn useful at this point.
I'm working now, but I'll write up a tutorial once I'm done (or maybe during my lunch break). I think the plugin that I used to fix the chat prefixes might be breaking the IRC, so for now anything we say in Team9000 can't be heard elsewhere. I'll try to fix that without getting Essentials, Gurw.

Here's how the chat works: Creeper's Lab has all of their worlds and their IRC linked up to the same chat. Each server has a prefix that people see when someone in another server talks. For us, if one of us were to say something, you'd see "[Team9000]" before the player's name from anywhere that isn't Team9000. Currently our chat isn't working like it should (Creeper's Lab can't hear us), but I've sent a message asking "DrCossack", the admin there, how to fix it.
Chat is now working correctly.
Here's a video on how to reach the Team9000 portal from Creeper's Lab's spawn. While the signs talk about registering for Creeper's Lab, you don't actually have to register to play on Team9000. The prismarine blocks with the buttons at the end of the video are the portal back to Creeper's Lab. You'd normally just spawn in the Team9000 spawn, but that was where I was before I posted the video.

Edit: As for the museum world, I'm restitching that together with MCEdit. It'll take longer, but everything will be loaded as it should be. That would have taken months. Nevermind.

The Team9000 Museum world is now open! Go back to spawn, then head into the tunnel and down the stairs. Opposite the Lioncloud portal is a portal to the museum. This world has two commands:

/return

Teleports you back to the main world.

/move x y z

Teleports you anywhere in the museum. Example: "/move 100 200 300" teleports you to x: 100 y:200 z:300.

A member of Team9000 was banned by the Creeper's Lab staff for violating the family friendly rule. This wasn't a random swear word or an unfriendly attitude that led to his ban, this was blatantly ignoring both myself and the Creeper's Lab staff's repeated requests to keep things clean and family friendly, then bypassing their mute.

A reminder as far as rules go: if you think that what you're doing might be considered as a violation of the rules by the admins, then don't do it. An attitude of "this will probably make a lot of people upset, but wasn't specifically against the rules, so it's ok" will not be tolerated.

As far as Creeper's Lab's family-friendly rule: while a ban occurred within days of the servers being linked, this rule is difficult to casually break, and breaking it will not necessarily result in an immediate ban.

reason 3240983 I don't like this new server deal thingy: Major connection problems I've never experienced before and major lag that makes it impossible to build properly.

EDIT: I'm now disconnecting every 20 seconds instead of every couple of minutes.

EDITEDIT: It is VERY hard to keep family friendly when I have to continuously rebuild what I'm building because of connection issues.

Last edited:
reason 3240983 I don't like this new server deal thingy: Major connection problems I've never experienced before and major lag that makes it impossible to build properly.

EDIT: I'm now disconnecting every 20 seconds instead of every couple of minutes.

EDITEDIT: It is VERY hard to keep family friendly when I have to continuously rebuild what I'm building because of connection issues.

I was a bit iffy about the linking as well.

Back