• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest 28: Origin Story

My friend had been ranting all day about some game called "Minecraft", telling me stories about PaperBatVG. I thought the game sounded kind of weird, however, I was interested. So like any other game, I began to look for a way to play it for free. I google searched "Minecraft for free" and it directed me to the Minecraft homepage. I was so confused, all it had was the way to buy it. Then I found the link to Minecraft Classic. I signed up and went to the server list. I saw so many different names of servers, and clicked the one at the top. I found myself running through Main, playing Minecraft for the first time. It wasn't long before I found the forums, downloaded WoM, and was promoted to cool. I recently joined Steam and figured out that Team9000 is a lot more than Minecraft.

The way I joined was just by going on a random classic server, messing around bulding a giant smilie face on one guest map(I think it was a little before the 100th guest) came on the next day and there was a new world so I started building a bigger giant smilie and got promoted by woot himself(didn't know who he was a t the time) and from there I have build many more giant smilies, made some friends and had lots of fun, In fact I'm just about to play TF2 with some of the T9K people now.

Back at the time I was a console only gamer. I was very addicted to Call of Duty 4 and MW2 (a detrimental addiction I must say), so this led me to being a fan of those Machinima directors. Among those directors and commentators there was one who actually played something different to CoD and he started doing commentaries on Minecraft. In the end this picked my interest and I decided to look into this "minecraft" thing. I tried the classic mode since I didnt have to pay for it and while browsing through the servers I found Team9000. Being a child of the internet and knowing the meme, this provoqued a little chuckle and I decided to try it, and so here I am.

Twas October 14, 2010 when a young chap named Jack (Skryter) was searching the inter-webs, pondering on what to do. This young chap who's birth name was jack started to search youtube on a game called "Combat Arms" which is a FPS developed by nexon, as he was watching the video he noticed a video in the suggestions on a game called Minecraft so he decided to check out the video in question, shortly after he became immersed in the game of Minecraft. Twas a few hours later that Jack discovered Team9000 on the minecraft server lifts. When he joined,Stupidly, he forgot to read the sign at spawn and was scolded for his idodicy when he asked "How do I join a world on which I can build on" but a kind chap who's name Jack has forgotten showed him the ropes, a few hours later jack discovered the server had a website and signed up. He soon discovered Team9000 wasn't only about Minecraft but was a "Exciting" gaming community with people from a diverse set of backgrounds and a quirky and fun community.

Fast forward almost a year and here we are, September 26. And that concludes our hero's story for now......

Ah dun played t9k on teh classics, then ah dun ranked up to da builder wiv da blue name, then ah dun bought minecraft fer like twenny bucks, then ah dun had sim fun on da multiplayer servers. sawry for mah bad gramerz, ah diddun get no ejebucation.

I found T9K on minecraft classic. I had no clue what T9K was or what minecraft was. I started to really like minecraft and the server was great. I loved ranking up to cool and builder by building roller coasters and woot world :D. I love the community and there are a ton of great people. I love playing minecraft and kicking trolls/griefers. Thats about it. The community is awesome, minecraft is fun, and T9K is amazing :D.

Well... one day I was browsing the website I frequent daily to see what artists have submitted lately, and I noticed a ton of journals/posts describing this this thing called minecraft and how they liked playing it (as well as their love for the annoying creeper). I figured I would try it out, so thus I headed on over to the minecraft site, loaded up the ingame classic client, and went to the server list to choose from. The reason I chose t9k was simply because of their name; while most people had some serious fantasy or clan name for their server, t9k seemed to be a bit more on the fun side. I figured I would enjoy playing here much more than the other servers. I believed I joined sometime in September of 2010.

Around 8 months to a year ago I found out about minecraft. I was lookin in the server list for classic and the name Team9000 stood out so I connected and have only played minecraft on T9k since then other than a little bit of beta singleplayer.

T9k Rox!

I've been aware of Team9000 since the beginning. Before Team9000 I hung out with all the peeps on JTV with Mike from WootTV.

I was browsing through servers after another server I was on was starting to dwindle in activity. A few servers and several days later, I happened upon Team9000. I had joined earlier, but my activity level didn't kick back up until the other server's activity dropped.

Back