General Anime Discussion Thread

Your waifu will never be the same again :devil:
I was going to find some clever "Your waifu is shit" picture, but after a Google search and seeing like 5 different pictures of Asuka (with no text on it mind you) I feel to bad to make a joke.

...oh yeah anime discussion post...
I think the internet might've overhyped Gurren Lagann, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, but then again I'm only 6 episodes in so what do I know...

I was going to find some clever "Your waifu is shit" picture, but after a Google search and seeing like 5 different pictures of Asuka (with no text on it mind you) I feel to bad to make a joke.

I think the internet might've overhyped Gurren Lagann, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, but then again I'm only 6 episodes in so what do I know...

Only 6 episodes in? Only 6 IN? Aaaahahahaha. Watch the next episode ;).

I'm only 6 episodes in so what do I know...
Hehehehehehe.
meftV0q.gif

Give it one more episode.

It is overrated and not as good as what came before but like everyone is saying give it another episode and your opinion of it will probably grow

Here's another Space Dandy easter egg I didn't even think about.
DYKA-space-dandy-04.png

(Side note: If you didn't figure out that the Gogel Empire was Google until now, shame on you)

So today I watched the first episode of the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works re-adaptation of the original Fate/Stay Night series, and I must say I was thoroughly impressed! I watched very little of the original Fate/Stay Night series for a variety or reasons, mostly because of the awful main character, as well as all the other issues I heard of it from others, plus, Fate/Zero completely spoiled me to anything I might enjoy in the original Fate/Stay Night series. That probably wasn't the "right" or "correct" thing to do, but, that's how it ended up for me.

I was skeptical, but hopeful going into this new adaptation. Skeptical because I didn't know that when it said "Unlimited Blade Works", it was in refrence to Rin and Archers perspective as the main characters, and I was worried it was just going to be a re-skin of all the issues that the original series had. However, all those worries seemed to have vanish so far! I was hopeful because there's surely no way the creators of this re-adaptation would ignore the great success that was Fate/Zero, so I was hoping for something as close to that as possible. And so far, again, it seems to be delivering fairly well. I won't be disillusioned as to expect Fate/Zero 2.0, and I don't think that's what it should be. However, taking some pointers is more than okay in my opinion.

Oh, and not to mention, it looks fantastic. The action scene that I saw was incredibly fast paced compared to what was usually happening in Fate/Zero, but everything still looked just as amazing.

Unrelatedly, I also watched the first episode of Log Horizon Season 2, and was also very happy with it! I was a little concerned with the animation, as it's animation was switched over to studio DEEN (who actually were the ones who handled the original Fate/Stay Night), and they have been known for some wishy washy work. The style is noticably different, but only if you look for it. Hopefully the action will hold up similarly to the first season.

As far as the characters and story itself, everything still seems to be on the same fun and interesting level. Very well done MMORPG mechanics incorporated into the plot, Shiroe still up to his smart and sly ways, unique problems and plot devices used to move the story besides the "must stop the bad guy", etc etc.

So honestly, after my minute amount of post Fate/Zero re-watch depression, I have plenty to pick it back up! And the season 2's of Psycho-Pass and Durararararararara are not that far off!

Oh, and one cannot forget.
Eo3N0uW.gif

Sidenote: I recently finished Sayonara no Zetsubou Sensei, and it was hilarious and very fun to watch. If you are interested in a comedy making fun of Japanese people, and anime in general (lighthearted and sarcastically of course), then I highly recommend it.

For the first time since I think the re-release of Toonami or at least that I know, the entire Toonami schedule is 100% anime (save for Samurai Jack but come on, it's samurai jack) and no show that feels like its just their cause they couldn't get anything to fill it. Not to mention they are replacing one of the big 3 (Bleach) with Dragon Ball Z on the 7th of November.

11:30p Attack on Titan
12:00a Bleach
12:30a Naruto: Shippuden
1:00a One Piece
1:30a Gurren Lagann
2:00a Hellsing Ultimate
3:00a Space Dandy
3:30a Cowboy Bebop
4:00a FMA: Brotherhood
4:30a Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig
5:00a Big O
5:30a Samurai Jack

For the first time since I think the re-release of Toonami or at least that I know, the entire Toonami schedule is 100% anime (save for Samurai Jack but come on, it's samurai jack) and no show that feels like its just their cause they couldn't get anything to fill it. Not to mention they are replacing one of the big 3 (Bleach) with Dragon Ball Z on the 7th of November.

11:30p Attack on Titan
12:00a Bleach
12:30a Naruto: Shippuden
1:00a One Piece
1:30a Gurren Lagann
2:00a Hellsing Ultimate
3:00a Space Dandy
3:30a Cowboy Bebop
4:00a FMA: Brotherhood
4:30a Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig
5:00a Big O
5:30a Samurai Jack
Why must Toonami have no shows I haven't watched ;-;

So today I watched the first episode of the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works re-adaptation of the original Fate/Stay Night series, and I must say I was thoroughly impressed! I watched very little of the original Fate/Stay Night series for a variety or reasons, mostly because of the awful main character, as well as all the other issues I heard of it from others, plus, Fate/Zero completely spoiled me to anything I might enjoy in the original Fate/Stay Night series. That probably wasn't the "right" or "correct" thing to do, but, that's how it ended up for me.

I was skeptical, but hopeful going into this new adaptation. Skeptical because I didn't know that when it said "Unlimited Blade Works", it was in refrence to Rin and Archers perspective as the main characters, and I was worried it was just going to be a re-skin of all the issues that the original series had. However, all those worries seemed to have vanish so far! I was hopeful because there's surely no way the creators of this re-adaptation would ignore the great success that was Fate/Zero, so I was hoping for something as close to that as possible. And so far, again, it seems to be delivering fairly well. I won't be disillusioned as to expect Fate/Zero 2.0, and I don't think that's what it should be. However, taking some pointers is more than okay in my opinion.
I
Oh, and not to mention, it looks fantastic. The action scene that I saw was incredibly fast paced compared to what was usually happening in Fate/Zero, but everything still looked just as amazing.

Unrelatedly, I also watched the first episode of Log Horizon Season 2, and was also very happy with it! I was a little concerned with the animation, as it's animation was switched over to studio DEEN (who actually were the ones who handled the original Fate/Stay Night), and they have been known for some wishy washy work. The style is noticably different, but only if you look for it. Hopefully the action will hold up similarly to the first season.

As far as the characters and story itself, everything still seems to be on the same fun and interesting level. Very well done MMORPG mechanics incorporated into the plot, Shiroe still up to his smart and sly ways, unique problems and plot devices used to move the story besides the "must stop the bad guy", etc etc.

So honestly, after my minute amount of post Fate/Zero re-watch depression, I have plenty to pick it back up! And the season 2's of Psycho-Pass and Durararararararara are not that far off!

Oh, and one cannot forget.
Eo3N0uW.gif

Sidenote: I recently finished Sayonara no Zetsubou Sensei, and it was hilarious and very fun to watch. If you are interested in a comedy making fun of Japanese people, and anime in general (lighthearted and sarcastically of course), then I highly recommend it.

I hope you realize that the first episode was just the adaption of the prologue of the Visual Novel. Shirou's still the main character, Saber is just no longer the main heroine. Speaking of Shirou, the reason that he's a god-awful character in the original animation is that his character and motivations were butchered by deen, with all their messing with the plot by adding portions of UBW and HF, along with removing important subtext and scenes present in the Fate route. There's also the fact that he really only starts to actually takes points in badassery during UBW and HF, which you'll undoubtedly see in the coming weeks.

Oh, hopefully Ufotable don't replace a certain scene with a fucking CGI dragon....

I hope you realize that the first episode was just the adaption of the prologue of the Visual Novel. Shirou's still the main character, Saber is just no longer the main heroine. Speaking of Shirou, the reason that he's a god-awful character in the original animation is that his character and motivations were butchered by deen, with all their messing with the plot by adding portions of UBW and HF, along with removing important subtext and scenes present in the Fate route. There's also the fact that he really only starts to actually takes points in badassery during UBW and HF, which you'll undoubtedly see in the coming weeks.

Oh, hopefully Ufotable don't replace a certain scene with a fucking CGI dragon....

Oh, I misread the description on MAL. I did know the first episode (episode 0 or whatever) was a prologue though. I see now, thanks!

Oh, I misread the description on MAL. I did know the first episode (episode 0 or whatever) was a prologue though. I see now, thanks!

No problem. I just had to explain this to a friend of mine, so I surmise that anyone who hasn't played the Visual Novel is probably confused.

Unlimited Bladeworks is jizz-worthy.

Also just waiting for the next Archer-Lancer battle where he starts pulling out the good stuff. Then there's also the final Archer battle.
Damn, I just realised how much I loved UBW for all the cool stuff that Archer showcases with his UBW powers.

They were fish and a dolphin in the movie. My friend and I are speculating rabbits for HF.

Unlimited Bladeworks is jizz-worthy.

Also just waiting for the next Archer-Lancer battle where he starts pulling out the good stuff. Then there's also the final Archer battle.
Damn, I just realised how much I loved UBW for all the cool stuff that Archer showcases with his UBW powers.

They were fish and a dolphin in the movie. My friend and I are speculating rabbits for HF.

All I remember for the movie is that they faded to black just after the magic crest explanation If my memory serves correctly. But Fish and Dolphins; I just can't decide if they're better than dragons or not.

Back