Gun and Gun Hobbiest thread revival

I'm just gonna go ahead and revive this thread... Because I heart guns... any thread around here for zombie plans I can revive?

Thanks for catching that in the first three minutes of me posting it while I was typing and gathering images for a follow- up.
And the original follow up:
Here's my first productive post in the thread, my baby:
i0rCc.jpg

It's a romanian WASR-10, which means it's pretty much the lowest on the AK variant totem pole, but I got it on the cheap, and it's set up to form perfectly to my warm embrace.
Tapco side-folding stock, Galil-style fore end replacement, Tapco G2 trigger group. The only things that I really want to add are a dog-leg dust cover rail, and an optic. But the AK is a tool, and I really can't justify paying as much, or more, for an optic as I paid for the rifle itself.

DverC.jpg

HeE2S.jpg

The WASR is definitely on the hobby side (for now... see? totally need a zombie plan <.<)
I blame the army for my gun collection... they handed me the keys to the toybox while I was in, and as a hobby, it's crazy fun.
It wasn't until my first born that I started actually thinking about protection, (then the collection grew).

My current preferred carry firearm is my Taurus Judge, public defender model. Compact, and fires .410 shotshells and .45LC
8yIjN.jpg

so.....how the hell did I not know you had a WASR? More importantly, why have you not brought that out when we went shooting. Thirdly, we need to plan to go shooting soon.

also...that Judge...*me gusta*

EDIT: ok, second look, I totally knew you had that....and I am pretty sure I have fired it and liked the hell out of it....so disregard everything...except the plan to go shooting soon.

There's a new range opening on wells road in a few months. They allow rifles, but no steel cased ammo, which means the WASR and your SKS can't go play. But i'm open to any time or range.
I'm thinking about getting a "tacticool" .22 like the S&W 15-22 or something similar, just for the sake of having something I can shoot on the cheap.

At the moment this is all I am in possession of:
ATA-Arms-SP-Silver-shotgun.jpg

Turkish made, 20 Bore. Hardly any kick unless you're out for a day with clays..
Accurate and Fairly light.
As of my age, it is hard to obtain anything else with the current strict gun laws.
There are a few 12 gauges in our cabinet might upload a photo some other time, But for now this is all. :P

Edit: I might point out that hand guns or anything of that sort is virtually unobtainable here.
Gun legislation here states that the only purpose for a gun in a household is to be used for Hunting / Game shooting.

My dad has been dieing to get a Mosin Nagant forever now. They're in surplus atm and are between $100 and $150.

0003.jpg

He's also talked about getting an SKS which are only a bit more expensive.

sks_yugo.jpg

Back