Gun and Gun Hobbiest thread revival

I'll be buying a Japanese Flintlock very soon.

I'm in too much pain to search through this thread at the moment, but I'm sure my brother has mentioned the guns we have. I do miss our 30-06, though.

Also, it's not a gun..... but we own a harpoon :D
Actually, I haven't. But after work tomorrow I can take pictures of them if you want me to.

Our dad's guns:

Brand new "Old Style" Henry Repeater .22LR
2012-12-20 11.48.46.png

20Ga Bolt action shotgun (Has no manufacture markings, but I believe it is a Remington)
2012-12-20 11.36.45.png

S&W .357
2012-12-20 11.46.53.png

Ruger .22 handgun W/ red dot sight attachment.
2012-12-20 11.38.38.png

My current gun:

Crappy Marlin .22LR rifle W/ low range scope
2012-12-20 11.40.11.png

I will be buying a handgun soon.

a lever .22 and a bolt shotgun, don't see those everyday.

i see the mark II ruger has the bsquare mount on it. Does it work well been looking at getting one for my mark ii 22/45.

and that marlin 22lr looks to be a model 60, my 99m1 marlin 22lr is basically that gun made to look like a m1 carbine. it's a fun gun to shoot, just put a 4x scope on mine and got it as dialed in as i could without a bench rest and being out in slush/rain/snow.

a lever .22 and a bolt shotgun, don't see those everyday.

i see the mark II ruger has the bsquare mount on it. Does it work well been looking at getting one for my mark ii 22/45.

and that marlin 22lr looks to be a model 60, my 99m1 marlin 22lr is basically that gun made to look like a m1 carbine. it's a fun gun to shoot, just put a 4x scope on mine and got it as dialed in as i could without a bench rest and being out in slush/rain/snow.

The mount on the Ruger works very well, and with the sight on it it is more accurate than my Marlin (accurately dialed in) at short-medium ranges. I suggest getting it.

And I just took a better look at the barrel of my Marlin, and you are correct. Model 60SSK. Nice and cheap to fire, but not as fun as a higher caliber weapon.

Just bought my handgun, going to pick it up at 5pm because it has to be legally transferred into Vermont (bought it in New Hampshire) by the store owner.

Wyoming Arms Parker SS 5" barrel, 10mm. Cost me $400 and came with an extra clip and 50 rounds ($35) for free.

I've read reviews on the internet about this gun and most say it is pretty unreliable, but not all guns are made the same and I will judge it after I fire it.

Will post pictures later.

Just bought my handgun, going to pick it up at 5pm because it has to be legally transferred into Vermont (bought it in New Hampshire) by the store owner.

Wyoming Arms Parker SS 5" barrel, 10mm. Cost me $400 and came with an extra clip and 50 rounds ($35) for free.

I've read reviews on the internet about this gun and most say it is pretty unreliable, but not all guns are made the same and I will judge it after I fire it.

Noice- will you post pics of my harpoon, too?

Should have saved that money for PAX... or fixed your computer.

Should have saved that money for PAX... or fixed your computer.
Wasn't my money per-se. Dad and I went out and got our guns before the government decides to drop another weapons ban, which might include semi-auto handguns. Gotta pay him back on it eventually, won't take long.

Anyhooters... Here she is.

2012-12-22 21.52.22.png

2012-12-22 21.53.26.png

2012-12-22 21.53.56.png

2012-12-22 21.52.55.png

We decided to follow the very vague instructions on how to take it apart, and succeeded. But as we were putting it back together, the recoil spring's tension sent the spring plug flying across the room and we can't find it. We searched for over an hour and a half but to no avail.

Then I had probably the dumbest fucking idea in the world...
And it worked...

2012-12-22 21.54.35.png

Drilling a hole into a spent .45 ACP cartridge and using that instead as a replacement part. It fit beautifully, despite being a tad crude. When we fire off a few more .45 ACP rounds out of my dad's new Springfield 1911 .45 we will make a better part for it.

Replacement parts are impossible to find btw, as this company went under in 1992 and the gun itself was only made for 3 years. So if this cartridge repair idea didn't work I would have bought a $400 paperweight.

Now it is personalized :P

Back