Gun and Gun Hobbiest thread revival

Wasn't my money per-se. Dad and I went out and got our guns before the government decides to drop another weapons ban, which might include semi-auto handguns. Gotta pay him back on it eventually, won't take long.

Anyhooters... Here she is.

View attachment 135852
View attachment 135854
View attachment 135855
View attachment 135853

We decided to follow the very vague instructions on how to take it apart, and succeeded. But as we were putting it back together, the recoil spring's tension sent the spring plug flying across the room and we can't find it. We searched for over an hour and a half but to no avail.

Then I had probably the dumbest fucking idea in the world...
And it worked...

View attachment 135856

Drilling a hole into a spent .45 ACP cartridge and using that instead as a replacement part. It fit beautifully, despite being a tad crude. When we fire off a few more .45 ACP rounds out of my dad's new Springfield 1911 .45 we will make a better part for it.

Replacement parts are impossible to find btw, as this company went under in 1992 and the gun itself was only made for 3 years. So if this cartridge repair idea didn't work I would have bought a $400 paperweight.

Now it is personalized :P

let me know how that replacement part works, lol, that idea is hilarious.

You know, I might pay more attention to you if every second phrase you spouted wasn't a poorly thought through insult which neither adds anything to the conversation, nor makes you look nearly as clever as you think it does.
i want to like this a billion times and then a billion more.

Just to stay on topic, I really want something like this. (seriously)

1287733441.jpg

Although i have no idea where i can get my hands on something like that :c

i want to like this a billion times and then a billion more.

Just to stay on topic, I really want something like this. (seriously)

1287733441.jpg

Although i have no idea where i can get my hands on something like that :c

answer to the pic: WTF is with you and golden firearms?

Answer to you wondering where to get one: 'Merica.....or Mexico.

So, I fired 32 rounds out of my 10mm to get a feel of the way she recoils and to test the durability of my "modification" part. Only 1 bullet casing jammed when ejecting and it was easy to clear (lock open slide and remove clip, casing falls right out). The part held up beautifully and didn't shift around at all.

I'm a genius sometimes.

Also, went out and bought a holster for it since in Vermont you are allowed to open carry and conceal carry, as well as have a loaded handgun in your car (but not rifles or shotguns loaded) without any problems. Holster includes a pouch for an extra clip, which I have.

2012-12-24 13.32.22.png

2012-12-24 13.43.45.png

All in all, best $400 I've ever spent so far.

So, I fired 32 rounds out of my 10mm to get a feel of the way she recoils and to test the durability of my "modification" part. Only 1 bullet casing jammed when ejecting and it was easy to clear (lock open slide and remove clip, casing falls right out). The part held up beautifully and didn't shift around at all.

I'm a genius sometimes.

Also, went out and bought a holster for it since in Vermont you are allowed to open carry and conceal carry, as well as have a loaded handgun in your car (but not rifles or shotguns loaded) without any problems. Holster includes a pouch for an extra clip, which I have.

View attachment 135910
View attachment 135911

All in all, best $400 I've ever spent so far.
I want to marry that holster.

Back