Halo 4

I've killed enough Grunts already, give me some new Sentinel robots

Indeed, I'm assuming the enemy might either be The Forerunners (Read Book 1 and 2 in Forerunner Saga), 343 Guilty Spark/Chakas (One of his sub processes were destroyed, his core is intact and has stolen a UNSC vessel in search for the librarian) Or some form of the flood, such as the Primordial/Timeless one. The Didact could also be a possible enemy, is he is still alive.

I also believe 05-032 Mendicant Bias is alive and has jacked a ride with the chief along with the wreckage of the Forward Unto Dawn (Halo 3 Terminals)

Indeed, I'm assuming the enemy might either be The Forerunners (Read Book 1 and 2 in Forerunner Saga), 343 Guilty Spark/Chakas (One of his sub processes were destroyed, his core is intact and has stolen a UNSC vessel in search for the librarian) Or some form of the flood, such as the Primordial/Timeless one. The Didact could also be a possible enemy, is he is still alive.

I also believe 05-032 Mendicant Bias is alive and has jacked a ride with the chief along with the wreckage of the Forward Unto Dawn (Halo 3 Terminals)
Well it is already confirmed that the flood is gone (completely), the covenant are returning in halo 4, and that in the video (the one with the giant light and master chief awakens and shit) if you have played every halo game, you can tell what forerunner technology is when you see it. I am pretty sure it was forerunner but I could be mistaken.

Well it is already confirmed that the flood is gone (completely), the covenant are returning in halo 4, and that in the video (the one with the giant light and master chief awakens and shit) if you have played every halo game, you can tell what forerunner technology is when you see it. I am pretty sure it was forerunner but I could be mistaken.

Can you post the link to where the flood is gone, there are still flood on the remaining halo's and in unknown places in the galaxy.

Can you post the link to where the flood is gone, there are still flood on the remaining halo's and in unknown places in the galaxy.
I kinda thought the grave mind dying was the decease of all flood? Or am I just using stupid assumption logic?

At the end of the day, I play the Halo series for the story. I feel that I only really need one "up to date" FPS in my collection at a time, which is why I don't own any of the iterations of COD or Battlefield.

Well, except for COD 2, but that was from a garage sale for one dollar. Intense mouse gripping action there in single player.

Anyways, the main reason I have an up to date FPS at all is because the online multiplayer seems to be better in the more recent ones. That is, better features and better support. The second reason is I need to have at least one of the titles that my friends like to play so I can play with them. Fortunately, they're mostly Halo fanboys so my pick of FPS goes. I just wish they'd stop mocking the other versions of FPS out there (Yes, I do think of all FPS's as versions of the same game)

The only way that 343 can really get some nerdrage out of me is if they screw over the storyline and characters. For instance, in the first trailer of Halo 4 that ever came out, Cortana kept calling Spartan 117 "John", even though I doubt she has ever called him by his name before. I'm willing to let that slide because Cortana recently had a serious issue with sanity when she was captured by the Gravemind, but if there's too many of that sort of thing going around, I'll get annoyed into sending a thousand page letter to 343 explaining how they went wrong with the story.

See, 117 is a badass supersoldier who has no face. In the fan fiction, I'm fine with them speculating on lost loves and facial features all they like, but in the games he should be the "Hyper Lethal Vector", same designation as Noble 6.

That leads into the next point nicely. I personally would have preferred Chief to float in space a while. In the meantime, the next generation of Spartans and ODST still have a fight to finish, mostly with the Brute led Covenant remnants and even with the Elites over Forerunner artifacts. In fact, that would be a nice new direction to take us, more spec ops and less 'I'm going to blow up this ring and everything on it'.

I get ranty sometimes. I'll leave you with this
View attachment 96830

EDIT: One last thing, the DMR was nice for me. It was like having the old pistol back, only it made sense. I have a lot of sympathy for 343, they've got a huge challenge to keep the game awesome and make it awesomer while making enough people feel that they stayed true to Halo. I hope they get it right, and I hope that the flagship game for the Xbox 720 (or whatever silliness they call it) is in the Halo franchise.
TF2 ain't like most FPS'.

It was unfortunate they didn't have anything playable at the EB Games Expo last year...in fact all they showed was...well...a poster....

Maybe this year they will have a short playable segment...

It was unfortunate they didn't have anything playable at the EB Games Expo last year...in fact all they showed was...well...a poster....

They most likely will, I'll probably be attending so I'll try and let you guys know any additional info I can get.

I kinda thought the grave mind dying was the decease of all flood? Or am I just using stupid assumption logic?

Stupid assumption logic, though a Gravemind is reborn (New One) but retains some of the previous Graveminds memories when a flood group reaches a certain proportion in size.

They most likely will, I'll probably be attending so I'll try and let you guys know any additional info I can get.
If I get runner up in the Top Geek Contest I will choose the EB Expo as the Australian Convention I would go to.

I am pretty sure they will talk more about it. It seems they are focused on only showing multiplayer and have not even talked about the campaign except for a few little notes here and there. My bet is 40% there will be a gameplay demo shown specially showing off parts of the multiplayer, and 60% chance they will just have a panel with people talking about with and most of the time they will probably say "cant say" or something like that. I love 343/bungie for being secretive about there games that way when it is released/when it leads up to the release, everything is massive and the hype for the game is massive. With most other games they spill most of the beans before the first trailer is even released.

I am pretty sure they will talk more about it. It seems they are focused on only showing multiplayer and have not even talked about the campaign except for a few little notes here and there. My bet is 40% there will be a gameplay demo shown specially showing off parts of the multiplayer, and 60% chance they will just have a panel with people talking about with and most of the time they will probably say "cant say" or something like that. I love 343/bungie for being secretive about there games that way when it is released/when it leads up to the release, everything is massive and the hype for the game is massive. With most other games they spill most of the beans before the first trailer is even released.

Wait for E3. Though I am disappointed there will be no beta, apparently they are not releasing one because they have to polish the game, if so why aren't they releasing a beta, it helps polish the game. Honestly 343....

My understanding of the death of the Gravemind was that the Flood lost its central command, meaning that it is contained to the planets it now has and the Flood units are reduced to highly lethal weapon using beasts, without any consideration for strategy or tactics. They're just hungry animals with mostly predatory and reproductive drives.

I also understand that total eradication of the Flood through spaceship bombardment as was attempted by the Shipmaster in Halo 3 on Africa is unlikely to fully eradicate the Flood, and the only way to truly clear an area is to either glass the planet or use massive ground forces to ensure that EVERY Infector form has been eliminated.

Which does bring up a very neat storyline for a new game, where specialized containment and eradication troopers reclaim the scorched land of Africa, even clearing some Brute remnants from the invasion, because we all know they won't surrender. Also, Guilty Spark mentions in Halo CE that the Forerunners were very interested in studying the Flood. That means that there's probably installations out there that have captive Flood. I know that the Flood escaped containment because of Covenant meddling in Halo CE, but in Halo 2 the Flood were out long before the Covenant ever discovered them, as is shown by their Gravemind and that they had captured the installation's Monitor.

I'm really worried that 343 is going to screw up on the story somehow. I feel they should have left the Chief drift for another installment and focused on the developing balances of power between the Humans and the various Alien factions. As far as I know, we've got the Humans, the Brutes, the Elites, the Forerunner Sentinels, the Flood remnants, the Jackal pirates (they were never very loyal to the Prophets) and (I'm very sure of this) the Rebel Humans. That's seven factions that have shown up so far. Surely 343 can do something with all that!

My understanding of the death of the Gravemind was that the Flood lost its central command, meaning that it is contained to the planets it now has and the Flood units are reduced to highly lethal weapon using beasts, without any consideration for strategy or tactics. They're just hungry animals with mostly predatory and reproductive drives.

I also understand that total eradication of the Flood through spaceship bombardment as was attempted by the Shipmaster in Halo 3 on Africa is unlikely to fully eradicate the Flood, and the only way to truly clear an area is to either glass the planet or use massive ground forces to ensure that EVERY Infector form has been eliminated.

Which does bring up a very neat storyline for a new game, where specialized containment and eradication troopers reclaim the scorched land of Africa, even clearing some Brute remnants from the invasion, because we all know they won't surrender. Also, Guilty Spark mentions in Halo CE that the Forerunners were very interested in studying the Flood. That means that there's probably installations out there that have captive Flood. I know that the Flood escaped containment because of Covenant meddling in Halo CE, but in Halo 2 the Flood were out long before the Covenant ever discovered them, as is shown by their Gravemind and that they had captured the installation's Monitor.

I'm really worried that 343 is going to screw up on the story somehow. I feel they should have left the Chief drift for another installment and focused on the developing balances of power between the Humans and the various Alien factions. As far as I know, we've got the Humans, the Brutes, the Elites, the Forerunner Sentinels, the Flood remnants, the Jackal pirates (they were never very loyal to the Prophets) and (I'm very sure of this) the Rebel Humans. That's seven factions that have shown up so far. Surely 343 can do something with all that!
The part you mention about bombarding Africa...That wasn't a simple bombardment. They, "glassed half a continent"

Read Halo Glasslands.

1. I get an eerie feeling this game is going to cost a shit zillion dollars to buy.
2. From the sample, the music has lost a bit of its uniqueness, it sounds like a general dramatic cinematic score, meh maybe it will work with the game.

Back