Items and/or things you think should be added to minecraft itself.

Aquatic enemies, and maybe an entirely new world, like an anti-Nether, where everything's covered in ice and snow.
what you just Explained is 80% of the worlds that Gen. for me in SSP XD
and yes, what Krysi said, the mod is called aether mod and its a alternate world that is in the sky with boss fights and weird ass creatures and weird physics. basicly the opposite of the Neather. Notch took consideration to adding it to minecraft, but he failed and everything was derpy and weird.

what you just Explained is 80% of the worlds that Gen. for me in SSP XD
and yes, what Krysi said, the mod is called aether mod and its a alternate world that is in the sky with boss fights and weird ass creatures and weird physics. basicly the opposite of the Neather. Notch took consideration to adding it to minecraft, but he failed and everything was derpy and weird.
Well, maybe not an anti-nether, but still a new world with new enemies that isn't already a mod.

Making dragon eggs hatchable, to make a tame baby red dragon,bamboo forests(with pandas), and redstone-powered transportation. To elaborate it would be like a powered minecraft, but has an unlimited fuel source, the redstone block, and would be stopped if it hit a current.

I actually thought of making a thread like this awhile back. I'm glad someone else thought of the same.
Mods that already have these features are in brackets.

1. Grappling Hook [various mods] and ability to build ziplines, tight ropes, and monkeybars.
2. Explosive arrows [Elemental Arrows Mod]
3. Controllable mounts [various mods]
4. Glue blocks (this mod)
5. Mob traps and cages (for trapping hostile or passive mobs). Allows creation of a zoo. (Mobs in cages will not despawn)
6. Enchantment to convert zombie meat to good meat
7. A tameable flying mob (owl, maybe?) that can deliver goods to your location from chests next to its cage. No more seeking out a cavern for wood because you ran out of picks.
8. A way to pick up and carry pets. (In inventory, maybe?)
9. Backpacks for extra space (Idea credit: molemanmike)
10. Potions for flight, invisibility, night vision, higher jump, breathing underwater (latter four are alluded to in the game code but not used)
11. Mob lure (equip to increase local ocelot/wolf spawn rate)
12. A motor/engine/propeller block so you can build your own vehicles. (Imagine all those docked ships in the world being usable)
13. Ability to change skin without exiting the game (Idea credit: molemanmike)
14. Redstone-triggered igniter (so you can throw a switch to turn on fires).
15. Motion sensor and light sensors (someone mentioned this in-game but I don't know who. It would allow lights that would automatically turn on at night without the need of using repeaters/delays)
16. Tameable and directable hostile mobs (Imagine being able to send and detonate a tamed creeper into a crowd of skeletons, riding a pet spider up a cliff, or having an iron golem as back up)
17. Lava boots with limited durability (I know there's already fire resistance potions and water buckets to deal with falling in lava, but what if you forget or can't reach in time?)
18. Aquatic mobs (someone already mentioned this)
19. Lightning rods (to redirect lightning away from my wooden house :S )
20. Torches that are lit while in-hand [various mods]
20. Less rain or give rain an actual purpose besides increasing fish biting rate (increases plant growth rate, for example)
21. 1 in 100 chickens turn into a Chocobo-like creature
22. A tool resembling a bucket containing cement that converts sand to sandstone and gravel to dirt (useful for mining)
23. Enchantment to break sandstone to sand (Idea credit: molemanmike)

A new material for swords/tools/armors, definitely. Obsidian? Lazuli? Silver? Copper? Emerald?

Shields.
Crossbows.
Elephants.
Dinosaurs. And a Jurassic Park biome.
New enemies. At first I was thinking about an armored mob that drops iron, but iron is renewable with zombies since 1.2.
More wool colors /dyes.
Paper flowers, you could use color dyes, and make beautiful gardens.
Snakes in the desert biomes.
A western biome, with orangeish sand, cactus, mountains and dry grass.
A volcano biome.
A new type of food farm.
Cannons.
Bottles o' enchanting can be found in the dungeon/stronghold chests.
Teleporters.
Sentry guns.
Dispensers.
Flamethrowers.

+1 for the vertical redstone, horses, glowing torches in the player's hand, and spikes.

I actually thought of making a thread like this awhile back. I'm glad someone else thought of the same.
Mods that already have these features are in brackets.

1. Grappling Hook [various mods] and ability to build ziplines, tight ropes, and monkeybars.
2. Explosive arrows [Elemental Arrows Mod]
3. Controllable mounts [various mods]
4. Glue blocks (this mod)
5. Mob traps and cages (for trapping hostile or passive mobs). Allows creation of a zoo. (Mobs in cages will not despawn)
6. Enchantment to convert zombie meat to good meat
7. A tameable flying mob (owl, maybe?) that can deliver goods to your location from chests next to its cage. No more seeking out a cavern for wood because you ran out of picks.
8. A way to pick up and carry pets. (In inventory, maybe?)
9. Backpacks for extra space (Idea credit: molemanmike)
10. Potions for flight, invisibility, night vision, higher jump, breathing underwater (latter four are alluded to in the game code but not used)
11. Mob lure (equip to increase local ocelot/wolf spawn rate)
12. A motor/engine/propeller block so you can build your own vehicles. (Imagine all those docked ships in the world being usable)
13. Ability to change skin without exiting the game (Idea credit: molemanmike)
14. Redstone-triggered igniter (so you can throw a switch to turn on fires).
15. Motion sensor and light sensors (someone mentioned this in-game but I don't know who. It would allow lights that would automatically turn on at night without the need of using repeaters/delays)
16. Tameable and directable hostile mobs (Imagine being able to send and detonate a tamed creeper into a crowd of skeletons, riding a pet spider up a cliff, or having an iron golem as back up)
17. Lava boots with limited durability (I know there's already fire resistance potions and water buckets to deal with falling in lava, but what if you forget or can't reach in time?)
18. Aquatic mobs (someone already mentioned this)
19. Lightning rods (to redirect lightning away from my wooden house :S )
20. Torches that are lit while in-hand [various mods]
20. Less rain or give rain an actual purpose besides increasing fish biting rate (increases plant growth rate, for example)
21. 1 in 100 chickens turn into a Chocobo-like creature
22. A tool resembling a bucket containing cement that converts sand to sandstone and gravel to dirt (useful for mining)
23. Enchantment to break sandstone to sand (Idea credit: molemanmike)
Don't forget my idea for the dragon egg being used to respawn the ender dragon in the end only.

D'oh... really, there are mods for everything... but yeah, I want dinosaurs.

Other ideas:
- Reduce the damage when falling on sand, snow, leaves, on blocks which aren't as hard as dirt.
- Teleporters would look like Nether portals, made with lapis-lazuli blocks
- Bigger skin images. If we can use 32 x 32 or 64 x 64 texture packs, this should work for skins too. The skin files are 64 x 32, it would be cool if 128x64 or 256 x 128 files are supported.
- A sword enchantment which makes you (randomly) enter berserk mode when you are hit, giving you more power and speed for a short time.
- Mini-bosses for each mob, they are as rare as spider jockeys, they have 3 times the health and 2 times the power of the regular mobs, and they drops 4 times the amount of experience.

Industrial vehicles such as tractors for scooping things that need to be scooped. bulldozers for flattening land or mobs :devil: .
rocket jumping
useful paper
dungeons that aren't impossible to find
mods/plugins that don't need to be updated every time
lockable chests and doors that aren't a plugin

Back