• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Looking for Manager for T9k Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.8 lasted a couple months.

Thee is right though, we actually did a fairly good job at moderating ourselves, with the exception of a couple hacker attacks (VVhiteBuffalo and his cohort) which completely tore the server apart a couple of times.

No, it was the 1.8 test world, not 1.9.

No mistaking it.

And to be honest, if we had a world like that again, I'd go back to playing. It was a lot more fun back then IMO.
1.9 pre-releases? ;3

Also yeah, that was probably my favorite map, the completely player-run economy and towns were absolutely fantastic.

Not gonna throw in names, but I do have to ask: Is the person who is made the manager of the server going to be able to play the game normally, or are they stripped of that in favor of the powers bestowed upon them, which would only be used when someone needs you to do something, sort of limiting you to a small area where you can do things until needed? Sort of like a genie almost.

(That being said, if the person chosen needs any kind of help, I'll happily be of assistance.)

PAX East 2011 escapes my memory, and Oxytown was right before I joined T9K. Keep in mind, I haven't been here as long as you.
Tl;dr: woot left a server alone for 3 days expecting nothing to go wrong.
12 hours in: whitelist for oxytown broke.
24 hours in: world protect broke and pvp got enabled somehow
36 hours in: chest protection broke and all locked chests could be accessed by anyone.
48 hours in: TNT worked all the sudden
60 hours in: server crashed

Literally everything that could go wrong went wrong.

I am not sure why people are still voting.

In all honesty, I do not believe that any member on this forum (aside from a select few who know each other very well) could have enough knowledge of the admining skills and general computer skills of another t9k member to make an educated vote for anything other than popularity.

Any 12 year old kid who has access to youtube can set up a minecraft server. I do not think this is what Wooty is looking for. I am sure many people on this forum are capable of managing a server and mods, but that does not mean that they are mature, can handle things appropriately, will be able to work well with Wooty, or will have enough knowledge to work out bugs and glitches should they arise.

If someone is interested in the position and whole-heartedly believes that he or she has the skills and time to do it, that person should post here. If Wooty is genuinely interested in you as a candidate, I think it is safe to say that he would have a private conversation with you to get more details about your skills.

At the end of the day, the person in charge of survival does not have to be popular. They just need to be mature and have the technical skills to keep the server running in a way that satisfies the majority of the community.

tl;dr Stop voting. Your vote doesn't matter.

In addition I'd like to throw my name in, ONLY For the option of having me as a moderator for survival. I'm on it quite frequently, about as much as I was when classic was still alive. I have some experience in moderating and, in general I keep calm/don't feed trolls. even if all I were to get, and that is a big if, i'd be happy with the ability to kick out trolls.
No offense Mighty, but you may not be the best candidate for a mod position. Not that I think that you wouldn't be a decent mod, but if someone deserves mod it would be Gurw or ThaProfessor (although he hasn't been on for a year). In your position on the server right now far too many people (including myself) would be candidates. Likewise I think woot wants already existing mods like Kagato or Ozy.

I am not sure why people are still voting.

In all honesty, I do not believe that any member on this forum (aside from a select few who know each other very well) could have enough knowledge of the admining skills and general computer skills of another t9k member to make an educated vote for anything other than popularity.

Any 12 year old kid who has access to youtube can set up a minecraft server. I do not think this is what Wooty is looking for. I am sure many people on this forum are capable of managing a server and mods, but that does not mean that they are mature, can handle things appropriately, will be able to work well with Wooty, or will have enough knowledge to work out bugs and glitches should they arise.

If someone is interested in the position and whole-heartedly believes that he or she has the skills and time to do it, that person should post here. If Wooty is genuinely interested in you as a candidate, I think it is safe to say that he would have a private conversation with you to get more details about your skills.

At the end of the day, the person in charge of survival does not have to be popular. They just need to be mature and have the technical skills to keep the server running in a way that satisfies the majority of the community.

tl;dr Stop voting. Your vote doesn't matter.
I'll reiterate my application based on those requirements. Including the popularity thing. I know there are people out there who think I'm a right asshole.

But remember kids, Vorsprung is always a viable choice.

Not gonna lie though, I'd totally make donator perks and give them all to Coolkidfreake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back