• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Looking for Manager for T9k Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would either go with me (please no comments on this) or Kagato. I got tons of experience of being a server admin for quite a few servers. I wont say what servers I was admin on because I don't think that is good. But I was (and for some I still am) server admin for 5-6 servers that are still running. On a few of them I gave up my post to move on to other servers. And Kagato is a nicer person and is super awesome so those are my choices.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Here's a comment for ye'.. Just because:

That's great.. Very funny.. Wonderful.. You running Survival?

You'd get the same result if you gave the keys for Survival to a brain-damaged 3-legged horse.

Kagato for Pres.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Here's a comment for ye'.. Just because:

That's great.. Very funny.. Wonderful.. You running Survival?

You'd get the same result if you gave the keys for Survival to a brain-damaged 3-legged horse.

Kagato for Pres.

That was rather immature and uncalled for. Not liking wolfkite does not give you the right to be an ass to him on every single thread and insult him to no end. That is no way to treat another human being no matter the circumstances. If you do not like him, feel free to ignore him and talk to others, but you should not go out of your way to degrade another member of the community. Wooty has a system in place for dealing with people who break the rules. If wolfkite does not break a rule, you are just gonna have to learn to deal with him.

I'll throw out a name that may surprise you;

BaconJim.

Since I ended up getting a real job I've had to shift all administration of my small 'T9K family' whitelist server which has at various times supported Tekkit, FTB, Voltz, Minecraft Snapshot, etc to Jim for the last six months or so. Jim has been using remote support to manage the Dell Server that hosts these multiple 'servers'. While not Linux (Microsoft), he has done an admirable job of keeping the servers up to date (Both OS and Mods/Worlds), managing plugins and overseeing daily back ups. He take this responsibility very serious and has done an excellent administrative job while continuing to learn about the ever evolving mods and updates. While I understand he may not be as well known as Kagato and may not have the reputation; he is quite serious about his responsibilities as an admin; he's a sleeper that I would think may be worth your time talking to.

BaconJim.

Since I ended up getting a real job I've had to shift all administration of my small 'T9K family' whitelist server which has at various times supported Tekkit, FTB, Voltz, Minecraft Snapshot, etc to Jim for the last six months or so. Jim has been using remote support to manage the Dell Server that hosts these multiple 'servers'. While not Linux (Microsoft), he has done an admirable job of keeping the servers up to date (Both OS and Mods/Worlds), managing plugins and overseeing daily back ups. He take this responsibility very serious and has done an excellent administrative job while continuing to learn about the ever evolving mods and updates. While I understand he may not be as well known as Kagato and may not have the reputation; he is quite serious about his responsibilities as an admin; he's a sleeper that I would think may be worth your time talking to.
truestory.jpg

Bacon has done a great job! :thumbsup:

Guys, sorry this took you four pages to realize, but this is not suggesting people to become the manager, this is asking for applicants THEMSELVES. Normally you vouch for them after they apply.

BaconJim.

I have a lot of time on my hands usually, and I genuinely enjoy administrating at any level, but I think that Kagato would be a better choice.

Guys, sorry this took you four pages to realize, but this is not suggesting people to become the manager, this is asking for applicants THEMSELVES. Normally you vouch for them after they apply.

My vote is for Kagato!

So wait.. Wooty and Wooty are two different entities?

Damn. This shit should be Canon. Make this shit Canon.
it is almost like a conspiracy theory and somehow it all spawns from that Wooty guy from the dark effects days (yes I know who he is :p)

anyways since this isn't exactly a vote for your favorite person thread (kagato all the way!!!) Will said person who gets put in charge of running the t9k survival server also be responsible for making up the short term survival worlds as well? (I'm assuming yes) The reason I ask this is because I know some people would love to see a t9k hunger games server (and any other server such as voltz and tekkit) and that would be a great use of the sts world :D

it is almost like a conspiracy theory and somehow it all spawns from that Wooty guy from the dark effects days (yes I know who he is :p)

anyways since this isn't exactly a vote for your favorite person thread (kagato all the way!!!) Will said person who gets put in charge of running the t9k survival server also be responsible for making up the short term survival worlds as well? (I'm assuming yes) The reason I ask this is because I know some people would love to see a t9k hunger games server (and any other server such as voltz and tekkit) and that would be a great use of the sts world :D
I would assume that "Server Manager" means "Server Manager."

So yes. I'd love to see that too, although STS would be more survival, likely another dimension would be added for a (weekly?) Survival Games tourny. We also have unofficially official Ultimate Feed The Beast (tshinotu145) and Voltz (TheGurw) servers - and shortly I'll be adding a couple more to the list that I run.

Whatever happens, I hope the process for choosing a manager is done quickly and efficiently. The sooner a quality manager is chosen, the more chances survival has of being revived.

i'm a huge fan of Tekkit and FTB ultimate, the servers I run for Tsysin are Tekkit 1.0.6 and FTB ultimate 1.1.2, but, it seems that running a large public server with them gets difficult.
with the amount of items that would need to be banned to make it 'fair' and to keep the economy balanced, it just wouldn't be fun anymore.
I can't say I've seen a single public Tekkit of FTB server that is any fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back