• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New Woodkeep planning

Where should Woodkeep be located

• Snow

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Desert

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Island/beach

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Forest

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somewhere in previous posts, I posted a video and told you to go to a specific point in time. The reason I told you to go to a certain point in time was that it had a simple, but nice design. If you want to know the kind of structures I am talking about, go to youtube and search "OMFGcata RPGmakers" it should show up. The builds they make symbolize what kind of techniques for building I have been trying to explain. Also, what kind of opening shall we make to Woodkeep? Ustulo mentioned a dragon head earlier on. I was thinking drawbridge, but if we could pull off the dragon head, it would be incredible.
Yesh, I remember those very much. I like them a ton. I agree with everything you are saying, but I later thought that a completely wooden wall would be very good. I'll go watch that again, and think it over.

Yesh, I remember those very much. I like them a ton. I agree with everything you are saying, but I later thought that a completely wooden wall would be very good. I'll go watch that again, and think it over.
I got the design for the wall nuder control. All of it wood, but it will need lots of it...

Awesome! I haz da internetz again! Did I miss anything important over the past couple days? I have only lightly skimmed the last several pages.

OK. Quick question. Is there a server yet? I'm too lazy to click the server link in the header. Yet somehow not to lazy to write all this... Hmmm...

OK. Quick question. Is there a server yet? I'm too lazy to click the server link in the header. Yet somehow not to lazy to write all this... Hmmm...
The server on which we will build WoodKeep is not up yet, but you can still join in the fun on the test server.
survival.game9000.net

I got the design for the wall nuder control. All of it wood, but it will need lots of it...
I disagree with having a wooden wall. It is not safe. If we have no control of flint n' steel, It very well may burn down. Even though the city is made of wood, a griefer wouldn't be able to just burn down the wall.

Wood walls = burnable from outside

Stone walls = not burnable from outside

Still here Pyrofire?
yep

I dunno about it being a shop or anything, but after server is up I'd like to build a large but compact underground automatic melon farm. Would be giving out free melon slices at the push of a button as soon as I can gather the pistons and redstone for it.

Not quite yet, we are waiting for the server reset and then we will build the WorldHub, next up is WoodKeep.
Could work on Woodkeep and the Worldhub at the same time as soon as the server starts. Only reason I am mentioning this is because not everyone is invited to work on the Worldhub. I personally offered to help out with the worldhub but was shot down and told if I wanted to help to instead join a town which is associated with the worldhub. That's what lead me to wanting to join Woodkeep.

With wood it would be a really good idea to make sure the land is owned first. The last town I was in wasn't protected and consisted mostly of wood buildings. It didn't take long for a griefer to run through and burn everything to the ground. Though admittedly the city was pretty close to spawn. Just sayin.

I disagree with having a wooden wall. It is not safe. If we have no control of flint n' steel, It very well may burn down. Even though the city is made of wood, a griefer wouldn't be able to just burn down the wall.

Wood walls = burnable from outside

Stone walls = not burnable from outside

yep
But stone walls for Woodkeep would be fugly. ;_;

I personally offered to help out with the worldhub but was shot down and told if I wanted to help to instead join a town which is associated with the worldhub. That's what lead me to wanting to join Woodkeep.

You know, your offer for working with the WorldHub crew was never shot down.
I just said that it's probably better for you to be aligned with a town, as we want to keep it that only Federation town members can work on the project. We don't want too many loose ends, and we don't want to take a gamble.

Anyway, if you're trusted enough to be in the illustrious town of Woodkeep, then you are more than trustworthy for WorldHub duty. Anyway, Ustulo and Pyrofire are both Council members, and I'm sure they would back me up.

On another note: Woodkeep members will be entitled to free food from WorldHub once the WorldHub is done.
However, we'll need iron for the Woodkeep <> WorldHub rail... WorldHub will be able to supply some of the iron, of course, but we'll need help.

On another note...

Worldguard= no flamey fire grief.
:whistle:

Anyway, I'll leave this thread now. The Federation is glad to have Woodkeep as part of it, and I personally hope you guys all the best for Woodkeep in the new world.
Any questions about WorldHub? PM me, or talk to Ustulo.

Why are people saying I'm a greifer?? I don't grief :eek: and why are u guys saying that I can't join woodkeep? I was loyal to it in 1.7 and i still am

One thing i realized, is whether we would be New Woodkeep, or just Woodkeep. u guys decide.
Just WoodKeep will be good, I think. Last server was "practice WoodKeep."

Why are people saying I'm a greifer?? I don't grief :eek: and why are u guys saying that I can't join woodkeep? I was loyal to it in 1.7 and i still am
It's the very poor behavior that some people believe you were made of.

Also, we never said you couldn't join.

Just WoodKeep will be good, I think. Last server was "practice WoodKeep."

It's the very poor behavior that some people believe you were made of.

Also, we never said you couldn't join.

I am trying to work out a schedule for Cities of the Server.

Here is what I have so far:

WorldHub (The not-so city)

WoodKeep

Falcon's Eeyrie

Sanctum (I do not know much about the town at the time)

Baltassaria

Caprica

O9K's city (I do not know the name, or anything about it.)

What do you think?

I am trying to work out a schedule for Cities of the Server.

Here is what I have so far:

WorldHub (The not-so city)

WoodKeep

Falcon's Eeyrie

Sanctum (I do not know much about the town at the time)

Baltassaria

Caprica

O9K's city (I do not know the name, or anything about it.)

What do you think?
Sounds pretty cool, but might take a bit since the WorldHub is very... difficult.

Ok ok , I didn't mean to behave poorly, but I will try not to I'm the future, I just really miss woodkeep, and had an idea for a gate, even better the gate I made for the old woodkeep XD,

Will it make me less infuriated?

Getting into the old WoodKeep was an absolute nightmare for me. If there were no guards willing to open the gate, I would either walk away, or get murdered by one of the rogue guards.

Back