• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ranks: An editorial by Crane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though there are 33 Engineers, I can only name you about 10-12 that are actually active. And I am on MC more than 6-8 hours every day (as a low!) There needs to be a scrub of the ranks and a huge Legendary increase, that way we can actually have 33 active engineers... In reality youre thinking (Max) 15 Engineers are good enough to serve as the first serious line of defense against our 70,000 new citizens. I disagree wholeheartedly that the current amount is enough, because the number's being used are not a correct representation.

(I know that the 70k number is just a registration amount, not an actual active player count; the same way the 33 Engineers is just a "registration amount", not an actual active player count.)

Who lit me on fire? I was just sayin?!!! ;)

I know there is approximate 15 active engineers, but, you forget about pros, epics, and awesome, they do work too!
People see the ranks in different ways, in my way, I see it on half and half, it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more, but it wouldn't be great if all the builders had engineer (the active ones)

:)

I know there is approximate 15 active engineers, but, you forget about pros, epics, and awesome, they do work too!
People see the ranks in different ways, in my way, I see it on half and half, it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more, but it wouldn't be great if all the builders had engineer (the active ones)

:)

How could I forget the red names? Like...uhhmmm...shit...what's his name? ;)

And yes(!), Ill absolutely agree that it wouldn't be good for all of the Builders that are active (or even, dare I say, half?) to become Engineers! And the whole point of my counter-argument, my rebuttal, was for the Eng+ to understand the current Builders plight. Its a different ball game for us nowadays. So thank you for understanding my argument!

I absolutely love this server and the T9K community (as far as those within MC- I don't venture outside that much.), and I can proudly admit that it's really all of you guys that keeps me here, and not somewhere else, or on solo. I have an absolute ball here, hands down, more than any other online community. I will continue to stay a part of the t9k community (I imagine) even after I'm done with Minecraft!

See you all out in the fields!

We dont more engineers, we need more patience from those needing an engineer/mod.

Someone who has been griefed will instantly yell GRRRRRRIIIEIEFFFF , and they assume/expect that all their problems will be fixed straight away.

More than often, Grief is fixed much later than it is called. As an engineer I was probably less concerned about the grief, as for all the trolls/spammers out there because I knew that the second an awesome+ came on everything would be fixed.

I guess in an age where everything has become expectedly automatic, people expect the same service in classic. They need to understand that it is a manual job. It is certainly not automatic.

I actually don't believe that. When I first started out (heck, even as a cool) I didn't even know that I could ask for a engineer+'s help. I just fixed my grief and moved on. I don't think that patience is the problem.

....That being said, there are over 700, 000 guests on the server.
I'd like to point out that that number is basically meaningless.

Yes the server is growing... but there aren't 700,000 regular visitors to the server. The number of users who have connected to our server does not reflect the amount of moderation needed.

We are all bros here!

*At the risk of seriously derailing my thread*
I'm not your bro, dude.

I really think that this has gone beyond my original idea... The major idea that I was trying to put forward was that people needed to stop flipping a shit about not getting the rank they want. You should just sit back, and have fun with it. Have fun with whatever you do, but don't be offended if they just let you keep doing it.

*At the risk of seriously derailing my thread*
I'm not your bro, dude.

I really think that this has gone beyond my original idea... The major idea that I was trying to put forward was that people needed to stop flipping a shit about not getting the rank they want. You should just sit back, and have fun with it. Have fun with whatever you do, but don't be offended if they just let you keep doing it.

I understand that Crane. On both parts. I forgot to include the asterisk, my not-my-bro.
You know I'm gonna mention that every time we speak now? Good going dude. :trollface:

*MINECRAFT CLASSIC*
I agree so mutch to this orginal post. That ppl build to impress and rank. We need more engineeres++. Sometimes there is only 1 or 2 engineeres on the server(Not all the time). And no admins. BUT all the builders are 13years old (at least actlike it) that is just screwing around and use the chat as theire everyday diary. I'm help out as mutch as i can, i love to build what I like to build, not what anyone else says. but i also think that it is builders job to: Help to catch grifers, help players to read the /rules with: "Want to build Or rank? Type: /rules"(Some players think theire need to be ranked to build). And help out with lava and water++. Im online now, its 02:48(night time) in Norway. And iam the highest ranked online (Builder) And griefers is running around.

I asked "ConroD" a long time ago: How can i rank to Engineere? He said you need atleast 70hours more ingame". Im done with that now. And i hear from other players that you got to write on the forums and help out. Yes i can help out, but i wont write random things on the froums and think: "Now im done writing on the froums." And it looks like i need to be bestfriends with the higher ranked ones to become a Enginere. The only reasone that i want to be a enginere is to kick those who grief as fast as posible when admins isnt to see at the server. And then help out the player who got grifed to restore the building. I want to help t9k with a griefing-free-zone.

Sry if my english is somehow bad, but iam from Norway and its late at night and im gona be online all night to :) And one question: How can i see that anyone is online on this site? If i could need an admin like right now..

Btw my nick ingame is Hassa123

Actually, a lot of what Marius is saying is quite relevant. It seems to me that there are a select few Builders who aren't douches and want to help the community. Just for the sake of it... There are around 480 Builders. 400 of those are, as you said, annoying. The other 80 or so are helpful members of the community, and deserve to be promoted.

Look, as per always, I'm not having a go at the ranks. Whether that's me being considerate or me being a lickspittle so that I "can haz permoatz" is up to you. Personally, I think all those who are genuinely committed players should see recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back