Runescape

Can someone review how close to the original combat system legacy mode is? I only have a level 3 acc on rs3.
Heres my post in response to someone on the forums:
_____

Been testing it out for the past 2 hours. My overview after pking for about an hour, then testing with slayer tasks, dung, and other monsters my conclusion is its a very well balanced alternative to someone who doesn't like eoc, pretty much exactly what the devs wanted. Tried timing a few things and takes nearly the same exact amount of time to kill monsters in legacy and Eoc. I was using this setup for reference.
01581e1eac.jpg

But yeah, interface exactly the way it was, very nice to use and applies well to the rest of the game. Slayer could be done with eoc or legacy and would get similar xp rates most likely in long term. (Remember its an alternative, its supposed to be this way.)

Pk wise, lots of fun for someone who never did much pking but from a few friends who used to pk are giving me pretty good impressions of it. Legacy vs eoc doesn't stack well as eoc has a major advantage. Also certain spec weapons have been reworked a bit and there's a bit of lag (most likely the servers) but even most nit picks can be fixed considering its beta. The quest tab still brings up the old (eoc) quest interface, I hope it gets worked into a tab on release but if not it still works nicely.

I haven't done any bossing yet with it but plan to test that out soon.

Also, based on the streams of Dardan, a major bosser and pvmer it works quite well for post eoc bosses or is doable/viable http://www.twitch.tv/dartmoul1

And sir Gudi, a pre eoc pker that is very good at what he does just went on a pking spree and got like 4 kills using welfare pk gear against top tier gear http://www.twitch.tv/dartmoul1

Tons of fun to watch and from what he says for him to play. Only complaint from him is for eoc to be balanced to or for legacy to be balanced to eoc to make them viable to fight.

___

After I played it more after that I tried doing dung and its pretty much just a nice alternative if you want the old combat. You can test it out here:
http://www.runescape.com/beta/combat

I'd love to try it but my acc on rs3 is level 3. If it turns out close enough to the old combat system I'll play it just for G.E. (07 community has some kinda issue with it even though all it is is a quality of life thing).

Going by the current poll I'd say legacy is pretty successful if more then 27% of people are going to use it exclusively, and 30% are going to use a mix of them both and 43% are going to use eoc. They made it as a alternative, not to replace eoc and the fact nearly 60% of people will use it for their daily activities if not exclusively is more successful them half the updates that come out.

If anything the poll proves legacy wasn't a waste of dev time as most people seem to be claiming.

Tried legacy today. Basically momentum mode with an old interface. Bandos is rising really quick so I kinda wish I invested in a few sets before it came out. The stats screen is still basically eoc, and the stats for items are still wonky eoc still which imo, is not desirable. Legacy has special attacks which is pretty good, but I haven't really tested out high tier ones yet so I don't know how effective they are. Unless legacy sees some changes it will soon probably be useless (abilities are better for the most part, and with revolution on you don't even need to manually activate them) unless they can give players a better stat system and a quest tab that ISN'T A DAMN POP UP MENU.

TL;DR Legacy is a step in the right direction and with a bit of work it can remove the pre eoc dickheads from osrs.

So yesterday, I start a new account with my friend since the accounts I have are boring with all the 99s.

2cb3a4634a6e819895acda0d20fde309.png

Long Story Short, I get banned within 5 minutes of being online for botting. Logic -.-

So yesterday, I start a new account with my friend since the accounts I have are boring with all the 99s.

2cb3a4634a6e819895acda0d20fde309.png

Long Story Short, I get banned within 5 minutes of being online for botting. Logic -.-
Was it f2p? Their system is highly aimed at brand new accounts and is still rough in detection there. Still BS

Yea it was F2p. I know I got banned because I had a friend give me some money to start off with. But that would be Gold Farming or RWTing not Macroing.

Yea it was F2p. I know I got banned because I had a friend give me some money to start off with. But that would be Gold Farming or RWTing not Macroing.
Don't think that is the reason, unless he got banned for giving it. You can multi-log now, same world, same location, trade yourself, give yourself w/e you want. Assist yourself. Dung with yourself, anything. Anything but minigame boost, bot and macro of course :p

He didn't get banned at all. But 10 seconds after he traded. I got kicked and I was banned.

Oh Well....I made a different account and here's for day 1.

1b0b027fd67e5301962da052e49b67a9.png

How long does that take to level?
Welp considering I made my account 7 years ago and that was when I leveled my attack from 1 to 2 technically speaking for this account... 7 years.

However, a combat 99 can be obtained in a few weeks/a month. I got it over the course of years from training to doing slayer, but mostly slayer.

Back