Runescape

519feedc4e.jpg

Woo! Finally got the name I wanted ever since they announced this name change thing.

I can't even. Of all names, places, times I went to check the highscores, time I changed my name, and my levels and everything, and somehow this happens (8 ranks above me):
7b8cbe7d4e.jpg

Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

Welp my curiosity led me to find out what the oldest rsmv was to exist.
Lucky for me 'rsmv' was not coined until mid 2007 and didn't catch on till late 2007 and it was referred to as "runescape style" for a good part of 2007. I really wondered how old they and came across this:
November 4th 2006

Doing some more searching I found this master piece (skip 1:00):
oct 23rd 2006.

After thinking I had found it I found one so old it beat all of them:

September 18th, 2006. A parody of "where the hell is matt?".

Fun fact, oldest runescape video was uploaded Oct 7th 2005 and it is of a guy walking around Lumbridge doing the sheep sheerer quest:
Uploaded only 7 months after the first youtube video was uploaded.

I've been considering jumping back on Runescape...
Is it worth it and will it cost me money?
Because there's a possibility that I can sign in using an email instead of a username, I can totally get back into my ancient account from when I was 11.
If not, it'll take longer to hunt down the username and password... ; v;.

I've been considering jumping back on Runescape...
Is it worth it and will it cost me money?
Because there's a possibility that I can sign in using an email instead of a username, I can totally get back into my ancient account from when I was 11.
If not, it'll take longer to hunt down the username and password... ; v;.
There are a few resources avaliable to obtain your old account. If you have the old email and you know the name of the account then you are good. If you have trouble with the email do LOOOTs of guessing work, same goes for the account. If you have the account but don't have the username then there are ways to contact a jmod/customer support (lol) to see if you can coordinate to retrieve your old account http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Reset_your_password/Without_a_registered_email_address

That'd be where to go. Now in terms of the game it is currently in a pretty exciting point actually. Lots of stuff has changed but in terms of playstyle not much has changed. If you are a fan of the old combat style/interace and not a fan of eoc/new interface you can change to it by simply enabling legacy mode (esc -> game settings -> legacy mode).

Now the question "is it worth is and will it cost me money?" is pretty loaded and simple. First off, in my opinion yes it is worth it to come back and get addicted again and slowly get sucked back in. And in terms of will it cost money, only if you want it to. They recently added a item called "bonds" which are a in game item that are bought by other players with actual cash and can be sold into the economy for others to buy. With bonds you can buy one and redeem it alloying you redeem 15 days of membership. Essentially you can sustain your playing and membership by playing. They cost a tiny coin (about 5m-6m each) but 15 days is more then enough time to gain that money. If you can recover your old account you might be able to muster up a load of old items and pay off your membership, if you can't you can always start a new account.

If you are more hungry for nostalgia there is 2007scape which is members, you will have to start again from scratch (they run some 2 week f2p trial thing that you can try out as well). More info on oldschool/2007scape here:http://oldschool.runescape.com/oldschool_index

If you wanna play again, its just all up to you and if you wanna spend your free time roaming around a virtual world like old times.

So, I just got on. But it looks like I'm starting all over again, since It took me to 'making an account' options and I pretty much just went through the whole process of making a new account. Disappointing, but it's coolio since I wasn't that rad anyway.
I'm on and there is so much nostalgia happening.

Back