Star Citizen

New contest on the RSI website:

Click here

I believe the correct answer is 'C' for the poll. Chance (albeit slight) to win an Idris-M, and some other cool prizes.
Wait, why the hell is first place the jacket? No way in hell I'd pass up an Idris-M (all the gunnnnnns!) for an old, leather jacket <3

So I just realized something that makes me feel stupid. I thought that titles (i.e. Colonel, freelancer, rear admiral, etc.) were linked to the game package you bought. Apparently they're linked to you're overall money invested in the game. Yay to poor financial decisions, I'm a vice admiral now!

:(

So, the organizations feature went live today. It's pretty epic and I have been itching to create a legitimate corporation. As of now, I have a trade/security corporation started specifically for the game and anyone who wants to join feel free as we need lots of members if we want to make enough profit to start building a fleet specifically to the corporation. The biggest organization, keep in mind these started today, is over 600 members so hopefully we will see more people from here joining the craze.

Keep in mind that this is not another gaming community, just an extension of Team9000, as that is where I hope to pull members from and bring new members to. I would have named the corporation Team9000, but that just doesn't sound like a name a corporation would use, especially one with profits based in space.

The name of the corporation is the Empyrean Trade Corporation (just search for ETC) and the page for our corporation is below (in case you don't want to search). If you want to start your own corporation or whatever other options they offer, let us know in case we can strike up some kind of alliance/contract/trade agreement.

Below

Hey guys I just backed star citizen (woot woot) what are somethings I may have missed and are pretty good to know?

Also is there a t9k group I can join?

Hey guys I just backed star citizen (woot woot) what are somethings I may have missed and are pretty good to know?

Also is there a t9k group I can join?

Feel free to hop up to SSPT if you have any questions, If I am unmuted and undeafened, I am usually there, but there are a few instances where that may not be the case.

Feel free to hop up to SSPT if you have any questions, If I am unmuted and undeafened, I am usually there, but there are a few instances where that may not be the case.
awesome I see you white listed me, if I can think of anything in particular I will be sure to ask!

edit also I've decided one of the first ships I want to get is the gladiator :p

awesome I see you white listed me, if I can think of anything in particular I will be sure to ask!

edit also I've decided one of the first ships I want to get is the gladiator :p

If by first ship in game, then awesome! However if you're looking to back the game again and buy the ship then you'll have to wait until another sale happens, as the ship is only offered at certain times. Once the game gets going, I have a fairly decent collection of ships so if there is ever a ship you want to try out let me know, I may have it. However, from the sounds of it, if you're active during the DFM testing, they're going to want people to fly every ship in order to get the bugs out and to balance them for the game.

If by first ship in game, then awesome! However if you're looking to back the game again and buy the ship then you'll have to wait until another sale happens, as the ship is only offered at certain times. Once the game gets going, I have a fairly decent collection of ships so if there is ever a ship you want to try out let me know, I may have it. However, from the sounds of it, if you're active during the DFM testing, they're going to want people to fly every ship in order to get the bugs out and to balance them for the game.

indeed I actually backed the $65 tier and so I have the orgin 300i, but when either said ship goes on sale or I just wait for the game to launch is gonna decide my fate. personally if i just get it then I have options for more ships and I might get like the idrus or something heftier.

also I may have to take you up on that offer but I think I still have to wait until I can upgrade my pc before committing :D

edit: Is this game coming out on steam? because if so that would be awesome!

also is their a t9k group on rsi or no?

First off, if you plan on buying more ships, expect to spend a lot. The Idris, on the extremely rare occasion they sell them, sells for $1250. You can get it in the game, so I wouldn't recommend spending that much. A few small ships wouldn't be a bad idea, as it just means you will not have to make money to buy a starting ship. If you want a heftier ship, the freelancer isn't too bad, but the constellation is a great large starting ship (It has two turrets that can be manned by NPC's or players along with a smaller ship that can be launched from the bay underneath it) as I traded up to it from the freelancer and I can't wait to fly it. However, the retaliator (when sold) wouldn't be a bad large ship either.

If you want to learn more about the game, they release information 2-3 times a week via youtube shows. Your best bet is to watch Wingman's Hangar (every Wednesday) as it gives you an idea of the scope, direction, and progress of the game. Ten for the Chairman airs on Mondays in which Chris Roberts answers 10 questions from the subscriber community.

Finally, we have created a Company and we called it the Empyrean Trade Corporation, to stay persistent with the gae universe. It is pretty much the Team9000 group, just with a different name that fits the game. You can shoot us an app, just go to the page below, or we can send you an invitation if you give us your username.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ETC

ah alright well I'm not gonna get to crazy on acquiring ships but we will see as the need fits. but I looked up the ships you suggested and they are pretty awesome if out of my price range atm

ok I will sub to the star citizen youtube channel and keep up with them there.

and ok well my username is the same as here so yea :D

edit: also the mustang from The Next Great Starship Episode 1.4 looks really cool

ah alright well I'm not gonna get to crazy on acquiring ships but we will see as the need fits. but I looked up the ships you suggested and they are pretty awesome if out of my price range atm

ok I will sub to the star citizen youtube channel and keep up with them there.

and ok well my username is the same as here so yea :D

edit: also the mustang from The Next Great Starship Episode 1.4 looks really cool

Yeah, the large ships get pricey, but keep in mind you can liquidate the ship you have for 100% store credit, so if you want to go up, you can convert it to store credit and pay the difference.

As for the mustang, I actually bought two auroras with LTI just to convert one over to a mustang, so you're welcome to fly it also.

Also, the next great starship is a decent show, all but the host comes off a bit awkward. Wingman's Hangar is definitely where it is at though.

Yeah, the large ships get pricey, but keep in mind you can liquidate the ship you have for 100% store credit, so if you want to go up, you can convert it to store credit and pay the difference.

As for the mustang, I actually bought two auroras with LTI just to convert one over to a mustang, so you're welcome to fly it also.

Also, the next great starship is a decent show, all but the host comes off a bit awkward. Wingman's Hangar is definitely where it is at though.
yea no kidding but hey it is helping them make an awesome game so I can't complain.

huh so if I wanted to I could exchange my 300i for something cooler or get a few auroras and convert them for greater glory. I also only get hull insurgence because well I didn't pledge before the site went live (had to google LTI lol)

yea I noticed that it was a little.... off to say in the least, I liked the part where he was talking about the mustang but the host is a tad lack luster.

yea no kidding but hey it is helping them make an awesome game so I can't complain.

huh so if I wanted to I could exchange my 300i for something cooler or get a few auroras and convert them for greater glory. I also only get hull insurgence because well I didn't pledge before the site went live (had to google LTI lol)

yea I noticed that it was a little.... off to say in the least, I liked the part where he was talking about the mustang but the host is a tad lack luster.

Yeah, Wingman's hangar is a bit better, although the host is super goofy. I wouldn't worry about getting a couple auroras, as the only reason I did was for the LTI and we we're told we could keep the LTI if we wanted to change one to an Aurora. LTI isn't too important though, as normal insurance is suppose to be super cheap.

Back