Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

is the spawn broken? cos i spawned here and it said "you are in the spawn area"
the server spawn.png

Wow. Thats amazing. You are directly underneath the spawn area... I dont think there is any way up either. I should've accounted for something like that happening and designed it accordingly... :/
I think he spawned there because he lad lag and he left in 15-20 seconds. The problem isnt spawns problem because other guests don't get stuck under the spawn

Sometimes when I connect, I kind of end up being underneath where I logged out, but then if I wait a while (15-20 seconds maybe?) eventually I appear in the right place.

Lots of people complaining about lag lately. Just now, I logged out in my boat, then reconnected, and within about 30-60 seconds the boat lag was already so bad I was about to sail off the edge of the world. Normally I have to sail a pretty long way before that happens. mountainboy was having some serious lag too.

Is there any chance we could have a /tps command to see how the server is doing? I'm assuming that since people are all experiencing problems at the same time it's the server.

On the plus side, the server is really busy again, maybe that's why it's laggy :)

Lots of people complaining about lag lately. Just now, I logged out in my boat, then reconnected, and within about 30-60 seconds the boat lag was already so bad I was about to sail off the edge of the world. Normally I have to sail a pretty long way before that happens. mountainboy was having some serious lag too.

Is there any chance we could have a /tps command to see how the server is doing? I'm assuming that since people are all experiencing problems at the same time it's the server.

On the plus side, the server is really busy again, maybe that's why it's laggy :)

Yes, the lag is becoming atrocious.

Dear god we do not need that abomination of /tp commands. The original server never had it and it will only lead to an annoyingly easy form of transport. I may not have played much recently but the last thing I want to come back to is /tp commands (along with economy and free diamond tools given at the start). You only lead to ruin the challenge of a game that used to be based off challenge.

Edit: Stupid similar acronyms :p. Join NAMBLA

Dear god we do not need that abomination of /tp commands. The original server never had it and it will only lead to an annoyingly easy form of transport. I may not have played much recently but the last thing I want to come back to is /tp commands (along with economy and free diamond tools given at the start). You only lead to ruin the challenge of a game that used to be based off challenge.
He meant a "ticks per second" command. I'll work on finding out what permissions I need to give for that to happen.

Edit: "/tps"

Dear god we do not need that abomination of /tp commands.

Damn, give me some credit here :p I'd no sooner ask for teleporting than for the server mode to be changed to creative!

On a somewhat related topic, on at least one of the voting sites (one of the last two in the /vote list) I noticed it had an icon which apparently indicates the server is "primarly PvP" or something like that. I think it'd be fair to say that's pretty inaccurate. I tend to tell new players who ask that PvP is allowed but actually happens very rarely as far as I know.

/prism doesn't seem to show stuff before roughly 60 days ago, is there any chance of getting that extended? I understand if it would require too much storage or something but it sucks to not be able to work out who built stuff I find in the Hinterlands :) Luckily some people put signs around.

I think that because of this, some people are seeing a block has no history and going "oh, it must be naturally generated then, so I can take it", e.g. the Ozy stone that was in a wall in the hinterlands which Gurw might have some memory of since I seem to recall /prism said something about him and some other player. I knew someone put it there so I didn't take it, but someone else saw it and it had no history which I guess is why they took it.

I think that because of this, some people are seeing a block has no history and going "oh, it must be naturally generated then, so I can take it", e.g. the Ozy stone that was in a wall in the hinterlands which Gurw might have some memory of since I seem to recall /prism said something about him and some other player. I knew someone put it there so I didn't take it, but someone else saw it and it had no history which I guess is why they took it.
I'm not sure why this is, perhaps the database was wiped accidentally.

More admin things:

- The first page of this thread, and the wiki page, are both missing our most recently-added city - is it secret? :)

- The wiki page still links to a poll about new players being allowed to use the nether.

- We don't seem to have any rules about what mods/client-side plugins you're allowed to use beyond "no hacking". I vaguely recall for instance that on previous T9K servers things like mob radar and mods that showed you the locations of nearby players were discouraged. If they're allowed then I still don't know if I'd want to use them, but then do I want to be at a disadvantage by not using them?

Back