Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Would our admins be inclined to write a plugin to help with boat lag? I'm talking about the problem where, after you've been in a boat for a while, the server and client no longer agree on where your boat is, so you end up hitting things 100 blocks away, or when you get out of your boat you can see it off in the distance, but if you swim over there you can't punch it because it's not really there.

I was thinking that if there was a command that teleported you to your current location, then if teleporting actually moves your boat with you, then that would help.
I'm fairly certain that teleport commands do not bring your boat, minecart, or horse with you.

Hmmm, good point. Maybe there could be a command that teleports you back to your boat?
Except once you leave the vehicle, no matter what, it's on its own, and has no ties to you. Horses included.

Fun fact: The boats glitching out isn't server-side lag, or client-side lag. It's how Minecraft handles the boats. Boats moving at top speed fucks up entity placement. Minecarts and horses don't have this issue because A. Minecarts follow tracks and thus are easy for the game to keep track of (no pun intended), and B. Horses have health bars, so they're put in the 'mob' category and not the 'entity' one. Boats, on the other hand, are entities that can move in any which direction in water, which is already one of the games most labor intensive blocks.

The best way to ride a boat with little issue is to pulse-ride. Hold forward, let go, hold forward, let go. Yes, this method is slower and more obnoxious, but it works. Alternatively, carry multiple boats if you're trekking across large areas of water. Squid can break your boat if you bump into them, thus having spares is a good idea anyway.

Squid don't bother me much, you can avoid them.. if you have any idea of where your boat is. I routinely use 10-20 boats per trip..

I found someone's stuff very roughly around -1000,1000. It was too dangerous for me to spend enough time using /prism to work out who dropped it. If you think it's yours, PM me with what it was that you lost and describe the area you lost it in and you can have it back. I guess it's best to do this via PM so one person doesn't say "I lost exactly 1000 cookies" and then someone else says, "no, *I* lost 1000 cookies".

Also, I'm not sure whats going on, but there seems to be some really terrible atroicious and awful lag that won't go away.... not sure what the deal is. I get block-lag, extended delays, and kickbacks.

I guess the boat lag has seemed worse for me the last week or two, which seems to have coincided with mountainboy and others complaining about lag, but other than that I'm not sure I've really noticed any issues other than a few mysterious disconnections from the server that I don't normally get.

hello just wondering if you could annswer to my question about the nether :

is the server on protection mode for the nether ? cause there use to be a glytch where you could "destroy" the bedrock using dark oak woods sapling and such ... but then i tryed it today for 30 min it didn'T work anyone know ?

hello just wondering if you could annswer to my question about the nether :

is the server on protection mode for the nether ? cause there use to be a glytch where you could "destroy" the bedrock using dark oak woods sapling and such ... but then i tryed it today for 30 min it didn'T work anyone know ?
It might have been pateched but we already have a hole to the top of the nether near Southbridge

Yes, Rebo and I also spent probably way more than 30 minutes with dark oak saplings and failed, but babybacon is correct about the existing hole. Sorry firestorm, I'd been meaning to tell you where to find that existing one!

I'll be back on eventually...maybe by the middle of December. Computer charger caught fire 2 weeks ago, so I'm in the process of buying my computer parts. Already got the motherboard in, and bought the case, power supply, and HDD. Already got the memory sticks, and the optical drives, and OS. Just got to buy the CPU and the video card in the next two weeks.

I'm having a little issue. On this one particular block above one of my doors, when I place a sign it appears blank and locks itself.

2014-11-16_21.32.21.png
2014-11-16_21.32.26.png
2014-11-16_21.32.31.png

Edit: Says it's locked by davros. He once placed a sign there a couple months ago. Just need an admin's help then.

hello the crystal i was talking about on my previous post is at -106/3517 ty :D
I've been to this same location. This crystal is bugged, and doesn't show up... :(
Removed it.
I'm having a little issue. On this one particular block above one of my doors, when I place a sign it appears blank and locks itself.

View attachment 144146 View attachment 144147 View attachment 144148

Edit: Says it's locked by davros. He once placed a sign there a couple months ago. Just need an admin's help then.
I'll try to find the sign and unlock it.

Edit: I might need some coordinates.

Edit 2, Electric Boogaloo: Um, that sign isn't there anymore, so I guess it was fixed.

Back