Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

The wiki is out of date :3 I haven't had the time to update it, feel free :p

As for the rules...I'll get back to you.

I had a possibly bad but valid idea. Perhaps we could implement a bounty system, in which PvP can only occur between the player who has the bounty on their head, and the bounty hunter who accepted the contract. For example, Johnny has a bounty placed on his head by James, Jimmy accepts that contract and PvP becomes enabled between the two. No items dropped, no tears or anger. James got his revenge for whatever Johnny did, and Jimmy got his pay. Only problem is I can't currently think of a plugin that works exactly like that.

I had a possibly bad but valid idea. Perhaps we could implement a bounty system, in which PvP can only occur between the player who has the bounty on their head, and the bounty hunter who accepted the contract. For example, Johnny has a bounty placed on his head by James, Jimmy accepts that contract and PvP becomes enabled between the two. No items dropped, no tears or anger. James got his revenge for whatever Johnny did, and Jimmy got his pay. Only problem is I can't currently think of a plugin that works exactly like that.

That would be nice, and would solve some of the issues we have seen in the past from random killings.

I thought there was a system like that on Theo's last server, or was it just discussed?

It was open ended.. I placed a bounty on your head for X dollars, Mountainboy965 killed you, he got X dollars. The exploit part was that Buddy A, could put a bounty on Buddy B, and then use the metrics to their advantage.

FYI there is now some prototype support for storage minecarts on the Southbridge to Serpent's Pass nether rail (in that particular direction). I haven't done anything to make sending the minecarts from SB any easier, but at the SP end, any carts that don't trip the tripwire above the track (i.e. ones that don't have a player or some other tall mob) get sent through another nether portal to a separate portal on the surface. This is in a sort of "secure" room on your right as you come out of the normal portal on the surface - I think since the door is protected with /cpublic, non-SP players shouldn't be able to get in there. I'll try to work out something at the SB end so you can queue up some carts to send. Note that I'm pretty sure the carts will stop if they go outside of the chunks that are loaded, so you have to follow them, but you probably shouldn't follow them too closely or you might end up going onto the storage minecart track, which will involve temporary suffocation.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

Hello i log on the server this morning ( well for me for like 30 min cause i have to do stuff) but then i had to D cause i was experiencing major blocklag issues // lag it isn't my internet connection cause on my friends server it work fine so i think it's server side could you guys check it out ? any other person experiencing the same problem ?

Hello i log on the server this morning ( well for me for like 30 min cause i have to do stuff) but then i had to D cause i was experiencing major blocklag issues // lag it isn't my internet connection cause on my friends server it work fine so i think it's server side could you guys check it out ? any other person experiencing the same problem ?
According to the front page of this site, the server is not up right now.

Yes the server is back up, which is nice. However, everyone is experience extreme lag. I'm currently getting a consistent fps of between 1-5. I typed /tps and here are the results I got- 4.99, 5.22, 7.58, from 1m, 5m, 15m ago, respectively.

EDIT: Also, I got this image. See attached photo

Attachments

• t9k Out of memory.png
    t9k Out of memory.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 116
Yes the server is back up, which is nice. However, everyone is experience extreme lag. I'm currently getting a consistent fps of between 1-5. I typed /tps and here are the results I got- 4.99, 5.22, 7.58, from 1m, 5m, 15m ago, respectively.

Lag appears to be resolved, we may have had an NPC overpopulation issue.

Lag appears to be resolved, we may have had an NPC overpopulation issue.
I killed somewhere around 200 villagers in Alfisonson's jail. I'm not sure why they were there or if they served a purpose, but they were dropping my frames from 70 to 5 or so but dropping others' to .5 or less. In any case, when I got done doing that, the TPS was around 19 or so.

Also, there are enough villagers to rebreed, if needed.

I killed somewhere around 200 villagers in Alfisonson's jail. I'm not sure why they were there or if they served a purpose, but they were dropping my frames from 70 to 5 or so but dropping others' to .5 or less. In any case, when I got done doing that, the TPS was around 19 or so.

Also, there are enough villagers to rebreed, if needed.
For the record: I'm fine with killing off villagers, as long as we're talking about hundreds in the same space. If there's any indication that particular individual villagers are valuable, I'm not ok with killing them off. Also, if you're using some sort of trick to breed villagers indefinitely, make sure it has a way of stopping so that this doesn't happen again.

For the record: I'm fine with killing off villagers, as long as we're talking about hundreds in the same space. If there's any indication that particular individual villagers are valuable, I'm not ok with killing them off. Also, if you're using some sort of trick to breed villagers indefinitely, make sure it has a way of stopping so that this doesn't happen again.
I'm not sure why you're stating this information or that accusation. Please elaborate so that I may more readily connect the dots.

He's just saying that if villagers are roaming around wildly and serving no purpose then kill them off. If someone is using them for a specific purpose (like Tsysin's iron farm, for example), then it wouldn't be ok to kill them.

Also, just so you all know, I killed around an additional 100-200 villagers. Apparantly they were falling between cracks and walls and breeding like rats. There is now an "appropriate" number of villagers in SP, and no more places for them to get stuck in walls. The local lag in SP has been decreased even more.

Back