Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Also, here's the top 10 players with respect to hours on the server.
Code:
Name            Hours
mountainboy965	856.76
Tsysin	        687.49
DOS622	        651.15
MetroidJunkie	415.37
Xecutioner91890	413.38
ChrisRo_96	340.43
firestorm1406	308.49
PatchouIi	277.12
Constructor345	271.33
Cathykiddo	246.36

Wow!

Server's down while I transfer and get stuff ready. I'll still keep the current copy of the server in case something goes wrong.
Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 4.32.09 PM.png

Edit: Dynmap is kind of a disk hog.

I'm pretty sure moutainboy, Tsysin and I have all spent the same amount of time playing on the server, and the extra hours on top of MetroidJunkie's time are all just AFK :D Oh but he built an iron farm, so he probably went AFK a bit, and Xecutioner had some AFK farms.. :p

Server's down while I transfer and get stuff ready. I'll still keep the current copy of the server in case something goes wrong.
View attachment 144359

Edit: Dynmap is kind of a disk hog.
Trying again without dynmap data for outlands, which only admins can see anyways. 14 gb from 80 now.

Edit: Welp, that took entirely too long. Got stuff transferred to an external hard drive and I'm now moving into the new computer.

Does MacOS have 'rsync'? Wondering if you could have used that while the server was still running to get a probably-partly-corrupt snapshot onto the new PC, and then only have to shut down the server to run 'rsync' again to transfer over whatever changed and whatever files were open (and hence possibly corrupt) when you did the first 'rsync'. I'm assuming that probably no more than 10% of all the chunks would change every day since the total size of the worlds is pretty big and there aren't that many players.

Does MacOS have 'rsync'? Wondering if you could have used that while the server was still running to get a probably-partly-corrupt snapshot onto the new PC, and then only have to shut down the server to run 'rsync' again to transfer over whatever changed and whatever files were open (and hence possibly corrupt) when you did the first 'rsync'. I'm assuming that probably no more than 10% of all the chunks would change every day since the total size of the worlds is pretty big and there aren't that many players.
I've got everything moved over, now I'm creating the pc's sql database. Word of advice to anyone transferring a server - never move over dynmap files. They'll add potentially millions of tiny files that can turn a 10-minute transfer into a several hour one.

Word of advice to anyone transferring a server - never move over dynmap files. They'll add potentially millions of tiny files that can turn a 10-minute transfer into a several hour one.

How long do they take to re-generate? I remember someone saying some time ago "the server might be running slow because dynmap data is being generated for the hinterlands" XD

How long do they take to re-generate? I remember someone saying some time ago "the server might be running slow because dynmap data is being generated for the hinterlands" XD
Hours and hours.

Progress report: Prism database is huge. It has 6 tables:

Code:
Table Name          Number of Rows
prism_actions       76
prism_data          ~11,054,781
prism_data_extra    ~3,251,263
prism_meta          1
prism_players       1,416
prism_worlds        9

SQL has been importing stuff and so far has filled prism_actions and is working on prism_data. I don't have a way to tell how far it is in prism_data, unfortunately. Sorry about how long this is taking.

Edit: At some point in making that fancy table, the import completed. I'm going to make sure prism is working correctly, then if it is I'll do all the port-forwarding stuff to give access to the server.

Hours and hours.

SQL has been importing stuff and so far has filled prism_actions and is working on prism_data. I don't have a way to tell how far it is in prism_data, unfortunately. Sorry about how long this is taking.

No worries, it's actually very educational being able to vicariously share your pain and learn more around the 'behind the scenes' aspect.

Just when I get ready to jump in and test things.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 10.07.31 PM.png

@_o

Ahh well, I can disable authentication temporarily.

Update: Minecraft and MySql are talking, everything seems fine. I logged in without the authentication server, and ended up at spawn with no items or permissions. I assume this is because I didn't have a uuid (both permissions and player data use these instead of player names), but I'm going to hold off until the authentication server goes back up just to make sure.

Update Again: I'm going to bed soon, so I've forwarded the port to the new machine. Everything should be ready, once Minecraft's authentication servers go back online. If you have any problems: don't panic. I have backups on my original machine.

Just when I get ready to jump in and test things.

View attachment 144361

@_o

Ahh well, I can disable authentication temporarily.

Update: Minecraft and MySql are talking, everything seems fine. I logged in without the authentication server, and ended up at spawn with no items or permissions. I assume this is because I didn't have a uuid (both permissions and player data use these instead of player names), but I'm going to hold off until the authentication server goes back up just to make sure.

Update Again: I'm going to bed soon, so I've forwarded the port to the new machine. Everything should be ready, once Minecraft's authentication servers go back online. If you have any problems: don't panic. I have backups on my original machine.

FYI: I can connect to other servers fine, but trying to connect to t9k gives me "authentication servers are down, please try again later, sorry!"

Auth servers don't appear to be down.

FYI: I can connect to other servers fine, but trying to connect to t9k gives me "authentication servers are down, please try again later, sorry!"

Auth servers don't appear to be down.
Service Statuses

I don't know what to tell you. I can connect if I don't use the authentication server, but it isn't the same profile that's saved without the uuid.

Yeah, I can connect to other servers too. Maybe it's okay if the server was running when the authentication servers weren't down, but since Theo only restarted this server after the authentication servers went down, we can't log in to this one.

Also, here's the top 10 players with respect to hours on the server.
Code:
Name            Hours
mountainboy965	856.76
Tsysin	        687.49
DOS622	        651.15
MetroidJunkie	415.37
Xecutioner91890	413.38
ChrisRo_96	340.43
firestorm1406	308.49
PatchouIi	277.12
Constructor345	271.33
Cathykiddo	246.36

OMG i'm in TOP 10 !!!!!

HURRAYYYYYYYY

Fixed it, dns issue. Logged in, got my correct inventory/location, everything seems to be going ok.

Edit: Disabling dynmap until I can get more memory for this computer.

Back