Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

I'm in agreement with Dos.

BTW, I'm the one who was "abusing the system," though I can hardly call it "abuse." It is a LOT of work placing cobble around the outside of the world, with risk of falling and losing everything. Additionally, there are continual water-falls and lava-falls falling off the edge, and I had to work my way around those. All in all, it took more time, I realized, to scale the edge of the world looking for ores than it did actually mining, which is why I stop when I only got 2/5 of the way done around the whole city. The payoff in finding ores was much lower than one would have expected.

Furthermore, before I actually "abused the system," the I made sure to ask that "placing blocks in the void" was ok, and Gurw confirmed that it was. Rather than punishing the whole city and taking away the ores, a more proper reaction would to place bedrock around the edge, if you're so concerned about people "abusing it" (which again, as pointed out, is hardly abuse).
I'm sorry, but I don't believe easily being able to see where diamond is easily as "hardly abuse". Using shift, it's not exactly very difficult to build in dangerous places, this is from someone who's lived in the Skylands and have built bridges across lava oceans in the nether.

Secondly, people agreed that mining in city worlds was also a bad idea, especially since they could go out of the city and find those exact same ores they mined while in the city.

Thirdly, Gurw's (approximate) words were that it's "Fine, but I will delete it without warning", and I'd assume he didn't expect people to use it as a shortcut to diamonds.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe easily being able to see where diamond is easily as "hardly abuse". Using shift, it's not exactly very difficult to build in dangerous places, this is from someone who's lived in the Skylands and have built bridges across lava oceans in the nether.

Secondly, people agreed that mining in city worlds was also a bad idea, especially since they could go out of the city and find those exact same ores they mined while in the city.

Thirdly, Gurw's (approximate) words were that it's "Fine, but I will delete it without warning", and I'd assume he didn't expect people to use it as a shortcut to diamonds.

On 2 and 3 point, I don't disagree with you.

On the 1st point, I would like to again point out that the payoff in finding ores (I dont just look for diamonds) was dismally lower than I had expected, which is why I stopped and decided to mine instead. It was highly inefficient.

Which brings me to this- rather than go awol and delete all the ores in the city, why not just put a wall of bedrock around the edges? (a) The admins get happy, (b) you prevent the abuse, (c) you allow the city-dwellers to remain in the city.

I'm the kind of person, and I think much of t9k community is this way now, that prefers "building as opposed to pvp." Mining in the city allows me to gather resources much more quickly for my buildings, rather than having to make the trip back and forth through the portals.

On 2 and 3 point, I don't disagree with you.

On the 1st point, I would like to again point out that the payoff in finding ores (I dont just look for diamonds) was dismally lower than I had expected, which is why I stopped and decided to mine instead. It was highly inefficient.

Which brings me to this- rather than go awol and delete all the ores in the city, why not just put a wall of bedrock around the edges? (a) The admins get happy, (b) you prevent the abuse, (c) you allow the city-dwellers to remain in the city.

I'm the kind of person, and I think much of t9k community is this way now, that prefers "building as opposed to pvp." Mining in the city allows me to gather resources much more quickly for my buildings, rather than having to make the trip back and forth through the portals.
Mining in the city also endangers underground builds so removing the ability to do such entirely saves them in the long run. Also, it's kind of late now to fix it anyway.

Mining in the city also endangers underground builds so removing the ability to do such entirely saves them in the long run. Also, it's kind of late now to fix it anyway.
Mining in the cities would not endanger underground builds because if you remove mining entirely from cities, there will literally be NO way to make an underground build in the first place...

Mining in the cities would not endanger underground builds because if you remove mining entirely from cities, there will literally be NO way to make an underground build in the first place...
He means mining for ores. You can still dig, you just won't find anything but coal.

He means mining for ores. You can still dig, you just won't find anything but coal.
Mining in this case does indeed mean solely for resources.

I would also say you would build underground if your goal is to make something nice and not call it mining.

Mining in the city also endangers underground builds so removing the ability to do such entirely saves them in the long run.

I don't get the endangering bit - you mean as in someone might tunnel into your build? I'm guessing that's probably not going to happen if your build is made from something obviously not natural (e.g. stone bricks), and if they do, they can fix it.

Southbridge Application
IGN: Cathykiddo
Length of time with Team9000: Four years this October :eek:
Last official map you played on: I have no eye deer

Southbridge app
tbarius
i dont recall exactly which, but it was after the one where maria and i dug 10k obsidians for the giant complex gurw was making

Southbridge Application
IGN: Squirley_Guy
Length of time with Team9000: since July-ish 2011
Last official map you played on:Whichever the last official T9K map was, 1.4 maybe? I don't remember.

Southbridge app
tbarius
i dont recall exactly which, but it was after the one where maria and i dug 10k obsidians for the giant complex gurw was making
Southbridge Application
IGN: Squirley_Guy
Length of time with Team9000: since July-ish 2011
Last official map you played on:Whichever the last official T9K map was, 1.4 maybe? I don't remember.
Approved.

Request for a small no holds barred world were everything goes save cheats, and you're fighting to survive/make sure no one else does?

Dynmap will be available for city worlds once it's compatible with 1.7.10. PVP is for people who are nice about it (consensual and they give back any items taken). Discussions about extra worlds are being discussed.

Apparently the point of having PvP on isn't actually to PvP, but to avoid slapping each other.
Ah, saw what you said in chat. Guess to add realism but adds a very negate connotation to the whole outlands in general. Like when I see someone I don't think "oh cool someone else" I think "Oh shit, someone else please don't kill me".
Dynmap will be available for city worlds once it's compatible with 1.7.10. PVP is for people who are nice about it (consensual and they give back any items taken). Discussions about extra worlds are being discussed.
Any chance of it being available for outlands? If not what about no players presented on the map and just the map itself?

Any chance of it being available for outlands? If not what about no players presented on the map and just the map itself?
People's buildings would still be shown on the map, and people could easily find it. Unless you live underground.

That was a main problem with the outlands map. Sure, the map was convenient to use, but it also lead to grief because even if you built a good distance away, people could find your house on the map.

Why is hunger so aggressive?

I'm hanging out in the overworld and I'm finding that I need to replenish the food bar way more often than I should. I would fill my food bar with cooked meat item, but then it would start depleting after a minute (even while standing still or afk), and I would lose half a food tick every 5 seconds or so.

What's going on?

Back