Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Honestly, the whole road thing is starting to irk me as another incident popped up earlier. I'm all for pathways, but let people design the from the main road to their house. This is a community driven town and server. No one, and I mean, NO ONE is in charge of anything in the town. If you build a store, sure. That's your's, and you free to sell what you want for any price you deem reasonable. But for things like farms, roads, and houses, it's all community-driven. If you want something changed, but it interferes with someone else's build, stop working on it for now, and wait for the person to get on so you both can come to an agreement as to what should be done. >_> It's bad enough the town's partially segregated based on the towns of old.

It's bad enough the town's partially segregated based on the towns of old.

It seems like now there's a central, crowded business district with some smaller houses, and then the bigger houses are generally further out. Are there other types of divisions too? It's not clear to me if any of the city not built by DutchCheese identifies itself as Cydonia. Am I in Cydonia? If so, I didn't go to Cydonia, Cydonia came to me :)

Sign says: "DOS I had to remove this sign so the road can be built. Feel free to replace it whenever. -Gurw"

Thanks for the info Gurw, and that's fine, but shouldn't people (in this case nickgaming3733) ask me before they change my road, particularly when they already changed it once and I already told them they should have asked first? I'm assuming this is like classic where you don't build right up against someone else's build, or change their build, without asking them first, otherwise it's grief. At least that would seem like the polite thing to do. Otherwise what's to stop me from changing all the other roads, or someone's house? Am I not allowed to have a gravel road but nick is allowed to have a house I don't think is attractive?
The block history didn't show your name on the road, just nick's. Apologies if it was your road, I was just asked to remove a sign.

It's bad enough the town's partially segregated based on the towns of old.
The official stance from Cydonia is that the division does not exist. Cydonia does not own any one part of the city except the embassy, the public wheat farm and the black and white sheep farms underneath the tower. Other than those things, Cydonia has no claim on the city and Cydonia intends on keeping it that way.

The official stance from Cydonia is that the division does not exist. Cydonia does not own any one part of the city except the embassy, the public wheat farm and the black and white sheep farms underneath the tower. Other than those things, Cydonia has no claim on the city and Cydonia intends on keeping it that way.
thanks, couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Hello I would like to apply for SouthBridge

IGN: ardyarde
Length of time with Team9000: 4 years
Last official map you played on: 1.7.4?

I would honestly like to petition for NO locked chests in the Outlands.

Locked chests are for town life, I don't care if people don't want to live out here. If you want to live out here, you should probably be trying to make a nice hidden/secure base anyway. Locking chests shouldn't be needed if you're doing it correctly.

This new feature has already made me want to leave the server.

Let the hating begin*

Locked chests are for town life, I don't care if people don't want to live out here. If you want to live out here, you should probably be trying to make a nice hidden/secure base anyway. Locking chests shouldn't be needed if you're doing it correctly.

Let the hating begin*
This part aside, it also is a problem when random people can lock you in/out of your house.

Let the hating begin*
It would be fine to have locked chests, so long as the entire server was white listed thru the forums, Or if there was a second tower maybe 10000 meters out from spawn to unlock it.

I agree with the fact that there should be no protection in the hinderlands. Part of this is because I feel like it's kind of cheating in vanilla minecraft. The other part is that I really think there should be pvp/theft in the hinterlands, because vanilla minecraft.

This part aside, it also is a problem when random people can lock you in/out of your house.
Dig around the door.

The addition of locked chests in the Hinterlands is starting to make me comfortable--that goes against the point of the Hinterlands. It seems like the Hinterlands are slowly becomming more like towns . . .
Originally, it was supposed to be completely no holds, but now it would seem real PvP is frowned upon and bannable.
Again, I'm not too comfortable with PvP, so the fact that I am becomming comfortable in the Hinterlands is a sign that something needs to change.

While we're talking about locking chests, is it possible to disable autolocking any time soon? Also, is there any word on /cmodify not being borked?

While we're talking about locking chests, is it possible to disable autolocking any time soon? Also, is there any word on /cmodify not being borked?
Next update of LWC, hopefully. Unless you want to code the fix yourself :3

Well, looks like my assumption that the dozen or so requests I've had to enable chest locking in the Hinterlands was not as universal as was assumed. I should note that new players should not be able to use LWC until they've successfully reached the ToOT.

I'll put up a poll in the next few hours.

Next update of LWC, hopefully. Unless you want to code the fix yourself :3

Well, looks like my assumption that the dozen or so requests I've had to enable chest locking in the Hinterlands was not as universal as was assumed. I should note that new players should not be able to use LWC until they've successfully reached the ToOT.

I'll put up a poll in the next few hours.
Filter out votes of people who live in SouthBridge.

Back