Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

To be honest, I've been playing on another server to avoid the drama of this one. I'm still keeping the server running (what else can I do with the tower I bought?), but I'm not interested in being a mediator for said drama. If anyone's interested in the server I'm playing on (a few other Team9000 members play there as well), send me a private message and I'll give you more info. I hope I'm not breaking any advertising rules here.
Nope. You're good.

But there's this redstone thing I want to do and I only just worked out how to do it.. I think! A door that opens upwards.

I've not been for the past 2-3 weeks due to RL issues, but when I was on it was all very quiet - usually it was just me on...

Don't mind a fresh start - can plan thing better that way!

Even though I don't play I'd love a restart and maybe my map can be the new home world map or something and people will play it now. :p

I'd be for this. Also, maybe a restructuring of how the server is run and who runs it too? Many of the admins went inactive. So maybe pick new ones or make "mods-" people who have the ability to kick/mute, but not other admin-y stuff.

So, you people want to vote for a mass amount of creations to be deleted because you're bored?

If you like starting over so much just play in the Hinterlands where you don't keep running out of room. Unless that's what you're talking about rebooting, and in that case...is there even that much there you have to worry about that?

So, you people want to vote for a mass amount of creations to be deleted because you're bored?

If you like starting over so much just play in the Hinterlands where you don't keep running out of room. Unless that's what you're talking about rebooting, and in that case...is there even that much there you have to worry about that?
Not deleted, just do what Woot does when the server gets stale. Less people to almost very little play so he saves the map and puts it up for download and gives it a fresh new map. People love starting over and getting a new outlook and exploration feel for the game. I don't know why it works but it worked every single time woot restarted the server for a new map and even ontop of that, this current map has been going on almost as long if not longer than outlands/oxytown or the biodome/sactum map.

Also, everyone that cares enough to post about it wants a reset so whats the problem with it/looking at it from such a negative point of view. If anything I thought that was the most obvious next step to take for the server.

Not deleted, just do what Woot does when the server gets stale. Less people to almost very little play so he saves the map and puts it up for download and gives it a fresh new map. People love starting over and getting a new outlook and exploration feel for the game. I don't know why it works but it worked every single time woot restarted the server for a new map and even ontop of that, this current map has been going on almost as long if not longer than outlands/oxytown or the biodome/sactum map.

Also, everyone that cares enough to post about it wants a reset so whats the problem with it/looking at it from such a negative point of view. If anything I thought that was the most obvious next step to take for the server.
I supopse the Hinterlands being reset wouldn't be so big of a deal I suppose since almost nothing was built there. But, I don't care what the vocal minority says, I don't approve of towns being removed. You're not any more special than anyone just because you make a post.

But, I don't care what the vocal minority says
I wouldn't call 7 a minority but I would be curious what anyone whos played in the past few months thinks on the topic.

You're not any more special than anyone just because you make a post.
I never meant that, I was just pointing out no one that's posted has said "No I want to keep the towns, don't reset". And while it is obviously the mods and St theo's choice to what happens to the server, don't the people that play it get any say in what will happen ultimately?

There's certainly a valid argument either way.

On one hand there is the investment that players have put into their creations over the past year. It's not just the towns, but many players have been building in the Hinterlands even if they haven't publicized their activities (who would if they build in the Hinterlands). To suddenly lose that investment... I'm not the right person to explain this thought process since I'm not one to develop an attachment to digital data from a server in flux.

What matters to me is the reward of finishing a project and the recognition I get for it (if any), which doesn't happen on an empty server. I look for the social experience more than the creative experience, though both are important to me.

That said, there is the reality that the server has been empty for the past couple of weeks save one or two players for a short time. Rsmv does have a point that certain announced events, like a restart or competition (a la mtnboy), have a tendency to increase or maintain server activity. Mountainboy also has a point that perceived admin and moderator service can influence players too. I'll make the statement that players who see admins and mods taking care of server business, and responding quickly to player needs, reflects positively on the player base. Whether this actually helps server activity is beyond my knowledge, but I wouldn't doubt it if it is a contributing factor.

Perhaps a restart is not the right answer, but something needs to happen to increase activity. Otherwise StTheo's dedicated machine will sit unused (does he use it for seperate business-related purposes?). The alternative is that he shuts down the server, and we all move to a different server outside of the Team9000 community, which is not a bad thing per se.

Well i am rather opposed to my house being removed, But quite frankly it doesn't matter because i no longer play on this server, and a "reboot" wont help that issue, i left because there aren't enough people for it to be fun, and i don't see this changing.

Well i am rather opposed to my house being removed, But quite frankly it doesn't matter because i no longer play on this server, and a "reboot" wont help that issue, i left because there aren't enough people for it to be fun, and i don't see this changing.
This is exactly the thing.

People aren't gone because they're bored with the server and are waiting for a new start.
People are gone, because they just don't feel like playing Minecraft right now. Everyone has their reasons for not being on.

Back