• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Sidenote : if we keep the nether, it would be wise to revisit the idea of tracks being built in there (and therefor making hub smaller) - to make tracks cost less overall esp. for longtrack transportation. hubs would then serve as local rails hub and access to the nether for hub-to-hub connection.
problem could be with any sort of protection (even mod), material choice, also "planned" system of teleportation (but since 5iron is kinda superion price to 1diamond anytime ...)
rail system.JPG

Vorsprung/Council, I would like to join the Federation, with my town Maple City once up and running. I know my town had a pretty bad reputation, but I am reforming it, and my new town (though the name of my town from the 1.6 server), is going to make a completely different my new one with hopefully a better outcome.

Oh and will the federation have a Town/city/player of the month? I posted this on a thread and I have forgotten which one.. But I feel it's quite a cool idea :D!

Vorsprung/Council, I would like to join the Federation, with Maple City once up and running. I know my town had a pretty bad reputation, but I am reforming it, and my new town though the name of my town from the 1.6 server, is going to make a completely different town with hopefully a better outcome.

The Federation of Cities, and the World Hub sounds like a great ideas, hopefully I can join them.
Hmmm...
As long as you can prove to use that you aren't going to be like the old Maple City.
Forgive and forget! Welcome, I guess.

^ I died a few times before Damashki took me on the Sanctum rail system. :p
Just imagine how fun it was for our group when we first headed out to settle a place for sanctum. True men (and women) travel both in the day and night, without ever stopping, zigzagging through fifty creepers and two hundred skeletons. :p

Damashki said:
Just imagine how fun it was for our group when we first headed out to settle a place for sanctum. True men (and women) travel both in the day and night, without ever stopping, zigzagging through fifty creepers and two hundred skeletons. :p

I love that feeling!
I came on the new server after the wipe, and Obviously was the first because there were NO monsters before me (because nobody was there, so no spawning.. :D). But then I stopped, and suddenly like 20 monsters were around me... Good times, good times.

OK so this is how I see the current Federation plans, and i think we should sticky it for any new people that come into this thread:
FederationSystem.jpg

About the WorldHub being in the center of an ocean. The idea is awesome but I think it limits a bit how close a federation town can be. Unless we build it close to a coastline, It loses it's functionality as a rail hub because of the large distances people need to travel to get from their city to the hub. In an ideal setup the towns won't go out of a 1000-2000block radius from the hub, and thus make travel to the hub and other cities a more casual 5minute-max trip to meetup with some friends.

The large distance between sanctum and anyone is what makes me hate the towny system, because it separates friends if you don't go to their town. I really didn't like that, as a lot of people wish to have contact with one another regardless of chosen town.

OK so this is how I see the current Federation plans, and i think we should sticky it for any new people that come into this thread:
View attachment 75487

About the WorldHub being in the center of an ocean. The idea is awesome but I think it limits a bit how close a federation town can be. Unless we build it close to a coastline, It loses it's functionality as a rail hub because of the large distances people need to travel to get from their city to the hub. In an ideal setup the towns won't go out of a 1000-2000block radius from the hub, and thus make travel to the hub and other cities a more casual 5minute-max trip to meetup with some friends.

The large distance between sanctum and anyone is what makes me hate the towny system, because it separates friends if you don't go to their town. I really didn't like that, as a lot of people wish to have contact with one another regardless of chosen town.

I like the image you posted, but add a few more spots in there for cities because 5 probably isn't enough. Also if the city were in an ocean/big body of water it would probably will be close to most cities as long as the build on/near the coastlines. Also WorldHub is supposed to be huge, which will make it get closer to the coastlines, and there will be bridges/tunnels for quick travel directly to the city.

I like the image you posted, but add a few more spots in there for cities because 5 probably isn't enough. Also if the city were in an ocean/big body of water it would probably will be close to most cities as long as the build on/near the coastlines. Also WorldHub is supposed to be huge, which will make it get closer to the coastlines, and there will be bridges/tunnels for quick travel directly to the city.
The number of towns is random as I don't know how many towns actually will be built. Oceans can cover distances from coast to coast 8000-10000 blocks, so a central hub in the middle of the ocean would need to be quite ENOURMOUS to get closer to a coast.
On another note I think we should avoid nether portals in travel, because right now a portal built not far from our surface portal may link to our nether railway.

I vote no for anything to do with the nether right now because it makes things more complex than they need to be, and all we need right now is a city.

I agree with the main layout, but I disagree with the'One Skyscraper' idea. I still think we should have multiple towers and embassies, and the Capitol Building can be the tallest and reach to the top of the map.

I DO NOT think we should implement the nether with travel. It will be dangerous and will sidetrack players.

View attachment 75487

I am not a big fan... It needs more... more... more of a design... :/

This is a general concept/layout, not some kind of blueprints for where the towns have to go or how the Hub will look like. The World Hub has a main tower in the center surrounded by a circular plaza, how tall the embassies or other structures outside of the central area is of no importance. The world hub tower doesn't even have to be a single tower.

This is a general concept/layout, not some kind of blueprints for where the towns have to go or how the Hub will look like. The World Hub has a main tower in the center surrounded by a circular plaza, how tall the embassies or other structures outside of the central area is of no importance. The world hub tower doesn't even have to be a single tower.

There could be 4 extra towers surrounding it, with one to facing each compass point :D! What do ya think:D

Back